Unofficial Official GIF Thread (+WebMs!)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Unofficial Official GIF Thread (+WebMs!)

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:17 pm

Draconic wrote:Can someone make a GIF of Goku looking down on Freeza after blowing him up from the reanimated scenes in FnF?

And I thought I'd make an avatar version in case you or anyone else wanted it.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Beautiful :clap:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:03 am

Never understand why Goku had this expression, didn't he want to kill Freeza at all?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:12 pm

Noah wrote:Never understand why Goku had this expression, didn't he want to kill Freeza at all?
Of course not. He's a pure soul. It was established against Devil Man that Goku possesses no evil thoughts or wishes at all. He wishes to fight for the sport, not to hurt people. The whole point is that even though Freeza was the most evil person he had ever encountered in his life, and even though Freeza angered him more than he had ever been before, Goku still had no wish to inflict pointless pain on a person. He knew he had Freeza vastly outclassed, so he just stopped the fight and tried to go home. To him, there wasn't any point if he knew he was going to win, he wasn't looking to sadistically beat Freeza in order to punish him, he just wanted to surpass him. Goku only killed Freeza when Freeza gave him no choice; he's sad because it was pointless, but he simultaneously feels a variety of other emotions.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:47 pm

^ Exactly. That's why I hate the hate on his many choices such as letting Vegeta go, healing Frieza, and giving Cell a Senzu bean. He's supposed to be pure of heart, so his choices reflect that of a true hero.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:23 pm

Goku was never about being a beacon of justice. Purity of heart does not equate to a sense righteousness. He knows the difference between right and wrong, but isn't interested in the bigger picture. The world is not meant to rest on Son Goku's shoulders and he reflects those thoughts openly. His philosophy of sparing and sparring individuals is his character. It's not a factor if it will work out or not, it's merely selfishness to keep himself competition. His life's goal is to forever improve and seek those who push him further. A "hero personality" is akin to someone like Gohan, not a pure martial artist like himself. Rounding it back to the subject, he made his point with Freeza. He defeated him at his best and attempted to humble him. It didn't pan out and his hand was forced to put him down. He isn't comfortable with that, even at his angriest. The culmination of all of the lessons his masters provided him put him above that in some capacity. He tries to see the good in everyone, no matter the extreme, when it comes down to it. It's the basic balance of his craft's teachings that he obsessively follows. It's noteworthy that he dealt with Freeza in his original fate and didn't attempt to redeem Cell. As an adult, those two are a part of the few he felt took it too far, in his own weird sense of logic.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Nejishiki wrote:Goku was never about being a beacon of justice. Purity of heart does not equate to a sense righteousness. He knows the difference between right and wrong, but isn't interested in the bigger picture. The world is not meant to rest on Son Goku's shoulders and he reflects those thoughts openly. His philosophy of sparing and sparring individuals is his character. It's not a factor if it will work out or not, it's merely selfishness to keep himself competition. His life's goal is to forever improve and seek those who push him further. A "hero personality" is akin to someone like Gohan, not a pure martial artist like himself. Rounding it back to the subject, he made his point with Freeza. He defeated him at his best and attempted to humble him. It didn't pan out and his hand was forced to put him down. He isn't comfortable with that, even at his angriest. The culmination of all of the lessons his masters provided him put him above that in some capacity. He tries to see the good in everyone, no matter the extreme, when it comes down to it. It's the basic balance of his craft's teachings that he obsessively follows. It's noteworthy that he dealt with Freeza in his original fate and didn't attempt to redeem Cell. As an adult, those two are a part of the few he felt took it too far, in his own weird sense of logic.
This seens familiar, like I swear I've read it before in a anime magazine :crazy:
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:53 pm

I think JulieYBM said it best. You can write Goku however you want and it works. I see him as a more selfless than selfish hero. I'm just biased to the FUNi dub, but maybe that's how I like his personality. In essence, I am saying that if his personality is indeed as Nejishiki described, then I don't like his original personality very much.
MyAnimeList | AniList

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I think JulieYBM said it best. You can write Goku however you want and it works. I see him as a more selfless than selfish hero. I'm just biased to the FUNi dub, but maybe that's how I like his personality. In essence, I am saying that if his personality is indeed as Nejishiki described, then I don't like his original personality very much.
I think some fans exaggerate his selfishness in support of the sub and and some fans exaggerate his heroicness in support of the dub. Can't he be a Saiyan warrior who lives for battle, and also a selfless savior? He definitely possesses both traits, the conflict between his Saiyan nature and Earthling beliefs are central to the character as a whole, as that great thread from a few days ago detailed, Goku gradually accepting himself and his heritage from both sides is a major part of his character arc. I believe that only when Goku combines the two sides of himself, the Saiyan who wants to battle, and the Earthling who wants to protect, only by combining both motivations simultaneously is he able to reach his absolute potential and match the gods.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:This seens familiar, like I swear I've read it before in a anime magazine :crazy:
Indeed, you may have! Of course, that's not to say my opinionated interpretation isn't my own. I just happened to take advantage of Kanzenshuu's new Press Archive. Sometimes, you find like-minded ideals expressed better than what you're capable of. Like many subjects, I adapt them to my views, forming a complete puzzle of my thoughts. I'm sure if you see any of my older posts, you'll notice I share the same views, but expressed differently.
Anime Kitten wrote:I think JulieYBM said it best. You can write Goku however you want and it works. I see him as a more selfless than selfish hero. I'm just biased to the FUNi dub, but maybe that's how I like his personality. In essence, I am saying that if his personality is indeed as Nejishiki described, then I don't like his original personality very much.
That's okay, too. There are qualities to like and dislike about him, just as you'll find in reality. :D It makes him interesting to me. He isn't particularity right because he's the protagonist and that brings about an human element that relates to both one's frustrations or comforts seeing him.
nickzambuto wrote:I think some fans exaggerate his selfishness in support of the sub and and some fans exaggerate his heroicness in support of the dub. Can't he be a Saiyan warrior who lives for battle, and also a selfless savior? He definitely possesses both traits, the conflict between his Saiyan nature and Earthling beliefs are central to the character as a whole, as that great thread from a few days ago detailed, Goku gradually accepting himself and his heritage from both sides is a major part of his character arc. I believe that only when Goku combines the two sides of himself, the Saiyan who wants to battle, and the Earthling who wants to protect, only by combining both motivations simultaneously is he able to reach his absolute potential and match the gods.
I don't have much to add, but it's always important to remember an individual isn't confined to one of their traits. Humans compose multitudes of emotion and personality. The fact that Goku can change his ways dependent of the situation is no different from your fellow planetary-mate doing so. It's all in the current feeling.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:30 pm

These are all gifs I made years ago on my makeagif account. I have tons more but they aren't very great, so I'll just post these for now.

Kid Goku making Bruce Lee look like a fool.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Although kid Vegeta is quite a few steps ahead of him...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Don't worry, the Kaioken will help Goku catch up.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Goku dodging Jeice and Burter so quickly it looks like he's standing still.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Vegeta fighting Oozaru Gohan.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Vegeta dodging Yajirobe AKA Earth's greatest swordsman (lol)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Olibu and Pikkon shatter a distant planet or moon from the shockwave of their blows. Just imagine what filler Yamcha can do!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

For his own kid, Vegeta just uses a nice gentle pressure point chop to put him to sleep. But for Kakarot's kid Vegeta doesn't give a shit.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The Prince of Saiyans easily incapacitating Dodoria.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Goku saving Vegeta. SSJ1 Goku > Boohan confirmed?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Piccolo vs Ger- wait where'd he-? Oh.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Piccolo making Cell look like he's in slow motion.

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Piccolo the Cell Jr MVP.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

His disciple is the Cell Sr MVP.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:40 pm

nickzambuto wrote:Vegeta fighting Oozaru Gohan.
Oh wow, I actually forgot this was even a fight. I thought Gohan just crushed him. :lol:
MyAnimeList | AniList

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Vegeta fighting Oozaru Gohan.
Oh wow, I actually forgot this was even a fight. I thought Gohan just crushed him. :lol:
That's why this thread is great, we're all reminding each other of some of the best fights and moves in the series.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:59 pm

nickzambuto wrote:Of course not. He's a pure soul...
How about the countless soldiers he killed from Red Ribbon Army? We could say he was a child at time and didn't know what he's doing? :eh:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Noah wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Of course not. He's a pure soul...
How about the countless soldiers he killed from Red Ribbon Army? We could say he was a child at time and didn't know what he's doing? :eh:
Pure just means free of contamination or not mixed with anything. Unless you're following a specific religion or some other type of guideline that specifically states killing is bad, I honestly don't think murder should be precluded from purity if there's no malice in it. Like you said, Goku had no idea what he was doing.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:35 pm

Noah wrote:Never understand why Goku had this expression, didn't he want to kill Freeza at all?
Same reason Goku gave him opportunity to leave in the "F" movie. Freeza has unreal talent and a would be a great sparring partner unfortunately he uses this talent to be a self centered prick.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Same reason Goku gave him opportunity to leave in the "F" movie. Freeza has unreal talent and a would be a great sparring partner unfortunately he uses this talent to be a self centered prick.
Goku was pretty infuriated with Freeza at that point. It's a possible interpretation, but Freeza just murdered his best friend, I don't think Goku is THAT much of an asshole that he was only upset about losing a potential fight at that moment.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Goku turning Super Saiyan after Majin Vegeta blasts the crowd:

Goku threatening Kaioshin after he stands in Goku's way. I especially love how even Vegeta is surprised at Goku's action:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Another shot of Goku from that same episode:

Goku vs. Majin Vegeta:

I removed all of the shaking effects to keep the file size of the GIF down. It actually looks fine without it, so I'm satisfied.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:25 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:I especially love how even Vegeta is surprised at Goku's action:
Me too! Nice GIFs, mate :thumbup:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs