DB Movie Spanish Blu Ray release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

DB Movie Spanish Blu Ray release

Post by coola » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:57 am

Spanish company released first DB Movie on Blu Ray, and, to be honest, it looks almost identical to Funimation release, Spanish audio only, no Japanese http://www.anmtvla.com/2016/02/dragon-b ... nzara.html
http://i64.tinypic.com/n3wytd.jpg
http://i66.tinypic.com/dpvaxl.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/34pm4aw.jpg
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: DB Movie Spanish Blu Ray release

Post by sangofe » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:02 am

Funimation never released these outside streaming did they?

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:19 am

Not too surprising considering the fact TOEI is the only company with film masters for the original DB to my knowledge. Hopefully they will do their own Blu-Ray release soon so international distributors can follow suit.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:54 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Hopefully they will do their own Blu-Ray release soon so international distributors can follow suit.
???? Where did you get this information?

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:56 am

genjosanzo8 wrote:
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Hopefully they will do their own Blu-Ray release soon so international distributors can follow suit.
No where, a Blu-Ray release of the original DB is something I want TOEI to do but nothing has been announced, not something that's happening because in all likelihood it won't for a while.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:00 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote:
genjosanzo8 wrote:
No where, a Blu-Ray release of the original DB is something I want TOEI to do but nothing has been announced, not something that's happening because in all likelihood it won't for a while.
sure...Blu-ray, broadcast audio etc etc etc we hope a lot of things but nothing of these will be out

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:42 am

coola wrote:Spanish company released first DB Movie on Blu Ray, and, to be honest, it looks almost identical to Funimation release, Spanish audio only, no Japanese
Are you sure it's dub-only? The link says they don't know if the Japanese version will appear, but it doesn't confirm it doesn't.

By the way, the cover in the link is from a different release. They're talking about a Mexican release of "The Legend of Shenlong", but the image is the Spanish Selecta Visión release of "The Legend of Shenron". Depending on who supplied the image, it's either a goof or misleading :lol:
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:14 am

Latin American, not Spanish
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:46 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
coola wrote:Spanish company released first DB Movie on Blu Ray, and, to be honest, it looks almost identical to Funimation release, Spanish audio only, no Japanese
Are you sure it's dub-only? The link says they don't know if the Japanese version will appear, but it doesn't confirm it doesn't.

By the way, the cover in the link is from a different release. They're talking about a Mexican release of "The Legend of Shenlong", but the image is the Spanish Selecta Visión release of "The Legend of Shenron". Depending on who supplied the image, it's either a goof or misleading :lol:
It's dub-only. I can confirm this 100%.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:56 pm

You know, those shots don't look half bad. Unless my eyes are fooling me, they retain a healthy level of film grain and the colors are pleasing. Does this release have the same crushed blacks that Funimation's remaster did, coola? It's hard to tell from your screenshots, since there aren't many dark patches.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:13 pm

These screenshots aren't mine, i found them on one site :) Comparision with DB Movie 1 Funimation single release
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:15 pm

EDIT: I read wrong. Anyway, here's the same screenshots in PNG.
Last edited by Puto on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:15 pm

Raykugen wrote:Latin American, not Spanish
Thank you :thumbup:

I would wish more people knew the difference.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:27 pm

By the way, this Blu-ray is incredibly incompetently mastered. The disc is less than 8GB, and encoded in MPEG-2. You could fit this on a dual-layer DVD, even. As such the quality is nowhere near as good as it could be if the BD had been mastered with anything remotely resembling competence.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Puto wrote:By the way, this Blu-ray is incredibly incompetently mastered. The disc is less than 8GB, and encoded in MPEG-2. You could fit this on a dual-layer DVD, even. As such the quality is nowhere near as good as it could be if the BD had been mastered with anything remotely resembling competence.
Makes me wonder if what FUNimation streamed's actually better than the BD. Edit: watching your screen shots it would appear they're slightly better?