Things that grind your gears

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GamerSkull
Regular

Re: Things that grind your gears

Post by GamerSkull » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:55 pm

I hate seeing TFS quotes on every Dragon Ball video. (Crunchyroll, YouTube, etc.)
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:08 pm

I AM THE PICCOLO. I AM THE BEST PARENT ON THIS SHOW. BETTER THAN BOTH GOKU AND CHICHI COMBINED!

lol memes.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:10 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I AM THE PICCOLO. I AM THE BEST PARENT ON THIS SHOW. BETTER THAN BOTH GOKU AND CHICHI COMBINED!

lol memes.
I absolutely hate the "Piccolo is Gohan's real dad" meme. And honestly, Chi-Chi is actually a good mother even if she's overzealous.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:13 pm

I know. Everyone is just too focused on the Cell arc narratives to focus on the real deal of things.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:21 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I know. Everyone is just too focused on the Cell arc narratives to focus on the real deal of things.
Well, to be honest... I hate most Dragon Ball memes. But the "Yamcha sucks" and "Piccolo is Gohan's real dad" memes are the worst for me.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:26 pm

GamerSkull wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I know. Everyone is just too focused on the Cell arc narratives to focus on the real deal of things.
Well, to be honest... I hate most Dragon Ball memes. But the "Yamcha sucks" and "Piccolo is Gohan's real dad" memes are the worst for me.
Yes, and the Yamcha sucks meme has even made it into Super's English localization where Vegeta sarcastically says "Oh yeah let's go see Yamcha". Really dumb and out of character. TFS has magnified a lot of memes that had little to no basis in the first place and has made them commonplace among fans and it's really annoying.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Forte224 wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:
Yes, and the Yamcha sucks meme has even made it into Super's English localization where Vegeta sarcastically says "Oh yeah let's go see Yamcha". Really dumb and out of character. TFS has magnified a lot of memes that had little to no basis in the first place and has made them commonplace among fans and it's really annoying.
I guess they do it because they know that it sells now. I wish a lot of these could be less meta. I wonder what they'll do when they get to dubbing the baseball episode. It scares me. :?
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:50 pm

GamerSkull wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:
I guess they do it because they know that it sells now. I wish a lot of these could be less meta. I wonder what they'll do when they get to dubbing the baseball episode. It scares me. :?
Yeesh, I hadn't even thought of that. I don't want to know.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:17 pm

-"DBZ Super" / "DBZ GT"
-"Captain Ginyu saga"
-"Smart and responsible Gohan sucks"
-"Stupid and arrogant Gohan is the best"
-"ChiChi is bad mother and she ruined Gohan"
-Bashing GT for non-existing issues or things that happened in other series as well (like Vegeta cheating or getting help in DBZ/DBS many times)
-Saying only the 3 last shadow dragons were good despite being one of the worst (except Nuova)
-Thinking Goku in GT got weaker
-Thinking Baby Gohan and Infected Gohan are the same thing (very often used as a "proof" that Goku was far superior to Vegeta because he beat Infected Gohan while Vegeta was struggling with Baby Gohan)
-Thinking Goku SSJ4 is weaker than DBZ Vegito because Perfect Files said it despite not saying it at all
-Saying DBS anime is canon despite having tons of fillers from Z
-Thinking Uub, Bra and Pan are from GT
-Thinking EoZ is GT
-Repeating non-existing statements about power levels, series, canon or spoilers (Akira said SSJ4 is weaker than god / there will be new series DBX / DBZ creator said DBS is canon / Gogeta Blue will appear in new movie made by DBZ creator so it will be cannon)
-Using english dub as actual source of anything
-Thinking DB started with Raditz
-Thinking Broly could beat anyone beyond SSJ2
-Thinking Bardock traveled to the past
-Being amazed at shenron being scared of Beerus despite dragon being weaker than Chiaotzu
-Thinking Ultra Instinct is super saiyan form
-Thinking Goku in DBS can destroy universe
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:23 pm

When people think feminism is the reason why Kale, Caulifla and Ribrianne exist seriously that shit annoyed me :x[spoiler]
sunsetshimmer wrote:-"DBZ Super" / "DBZ
-"Smart and responsible Gohan sucks"
-"Stupid and arrogant Gohan is the best"
-"ChiChi is bad mother and she ruined Gohan"
-Bashing GT for non-existing issues or things that happened in other series as well (like Vegeta cheating or getting help in DBZ/DBS many times)
-Thinking Goku in GT got weaker
-Thinking Baby Gohan and Infected Gohan are the same thing (very often used as a "proof" that Goku was far superior to Vegeta because he beat Infected Gohan while Vegeta was struggling with Baby Gohan)
-Thinking Goku SSJ4 is weaker than DBZ Vegito because Perfect Files said it despite not saying it at all
-Saying DBS anime is canon despite having tons of fillers from Z
-Thinking Uub, Bra and Pan are from GT
-Thinking EoZ is GT
-Repeating non-existing statements about power levels, series, canon or spoilers (Akira said SSJ4 is weaker than god / there will be new series DBX / DBZ creator said DBS is canon / Gogeta Blue will appear in new movie made by DBZ creator so it will be cannon)
-Using english dub as actual source of anything
-Thinking DB started with Raditz
-Thinking Broly could beat anyone beyond SSJ2
-Thinking Bardock traveled to the past
-Being amazed at shenron being scared of Beerus despite dragon being weaker than Chiaotzu
-Thinking Ultra Instinct is super saiyan form
[/spoiler]All of these. Thank you
    GamerSkull wrote:I hate seeing TFS quotes on every Dragon Ball video. (Crunchyroll, YouTube, etc.)
    I'm also annoyed seeing TFS quote in YouTube.
    Last edited by Spider-Man on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperCyan2
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:49 pm

GamerSkull wrote:I hate seeing TFS quotes on every Dragon Ball video. (Crunchyroll, YouTube, etc.)
    People can post comments on Crunchyroll? Didn't know that, I just watch the videos and move on.

But yeah, those TFS quotes are getting as bad as Over 9000 (never understood why it's funny).
    Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Dbzfan94
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:07 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote:
    People can post comments on Crunchyroll? Didn't know that, I just watch the videos and move on.

But yeah, those TFS quotes are getting as bad as Over 9000 (never understood why it's funny).
    Yeah they’re up there with Gokus a bad dad and the Yamcha memes in how bad they are

SuperCyan2
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Yeah they’re up there with Gokus a bad dad and the Yamcha memes in how bad they are
    Yeah.. I don't really get into that stuff. Toriyama and TOEI write how the characters are supposed to act so a bit silly to say "he should be like this" or "he should be like that".

I do find live-action shows more believable for this type of conversation so I guess I'm downplaying it for being an animated series.

Dbzfan94
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:24 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:
    Dbzfan94 wrote:Yeah they’re up there with Gokus a bad dad and the Yamcha memes in how bad they are
    Yeah.. I don't really get into that stuff. Toriyama and TOEI write how the characters are supposed to act so a bit silly to say "he should be like this" or "he should be like that".

I do find live-action shows more believable for this type of conversation so I guess I'm downplaying it for being an animated series.
    I don’t see what it being a cartoon has to do with it.

SuperCyan2
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:45 am

Being animated kind of makes discussions about characters a bit redundant to me as they were already developed whereas, live-action series feel more believable thanks to being represented by actual real-life actors and actresses. It's just a nitpick I have.

Vegeta_Sama
    Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:12 am

I hate when people try to synch up GT with Super. Nobody is trying to ruin your enjoyment with GT, but just accept that it can't fit in with Super
    Get Fucked, C_unt

Logania
    Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:26 am

People who put Bruce Faulconer music edits in Super and Kai scenes on YouTube. Don't be plaguing modern Dragon Ball with 90's dub mistakes lol
    "I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

SuperCyan2
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 am

Logania wrote:People who put Bruce Faulconer music edits in Super and Kai scenes on YouTube. Don't be plaguing modern Dragon Ball with 90's dub mistakes lol
    If only it had decent music placement but not even that! lol

PFM18
    Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:30 pm

So do you hate Christmas too? Anything with a positive connotation?

SuperCyan2
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:59 pm

PFM18 wrote:
    So do you hate Christmas too? Anything with a positive connotation?
    What does Christmas have to do with fan quotes? It makes no sense.