Things that grind your gears

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Things that grind your gears

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:51 pm

What grinds my gears is when Toyotaro consistently makes the main character OOC, fueling the casual sheep to believe things that aren't true and thus spreads like wildfire.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:53 pm

emi_b7 wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:"GT non canon"

Yeah because the Super anime is sooooooo much better.
I don't understand this post, what does quality have to do with being canon or not? I mean, I don't care about canon debates at all but, if someone says GT (or Super or whatever) isn't canon, he isn't necessarily saying the show is bad.
It kind of is. Because in this fandom, non canon or not written by Toriyama automatically means bad.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:53 am

Dragon Ball Super. I'm very easy to please when it comes to T.V and Movies (lot more critically of music), and I'll generally be entertained by anything, but yeesh, is Dragon Ball Super just bad. It's not funny, not entertaining, not fun to watch, and honestly just obnoxious.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:26 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:Dragon Ball Super. I'm very easy to please when it comes to T.V and Movies (lot more critically of music), andI'll generally be entertained by anything, but yeesh, is Dragon Ball Super just bad. It's not funny, not entertaining, not fun to watch, and honestly just obnoxious.
Even by bad movies? I love "so bad, they're good" movies.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:57 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Dragon Ball Super. I'm very easy to please when it comes to T.V and Movies (lot more critically of music), andI'll generally be entertained by anything, but yeesh, is Dragon Ball Super just bad. It's not funny, not entertaining, not fun to watch, and honestly just obnoxious.
Even by bad movies? I love "so bad, they're good" movies.
I can generally find enjoyment in most things, so yeah.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:08 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: I can generally find enjoyment in most things, so yeah.
Even movies like Batman & robin,mockbusters,norm of the north,the emoji movie,etc
Mostly active on discord.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:17 am

The gr wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote: I can generally find enjoyment in most things, so yeah.
Even movies like Batman & robin,mockbusters,norm of the north,emojis,it cetera
While, I like Batman and Robin (outside of Bane), I think Ghostbusters is dumb and never got the controversy about the 2016 version, didn't see Norm of the North or the Emoji Movie, and what's wrong with It? It's probably because I don't care for Film and T.V (with some exceptions), so if I'm just a little entertain, I'll walk away happy.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:What grinds my gears is when Toyotaro consistently makes the main character OOC, fueling the casual sheep to believe things that aren't true and thus spreads like wildfire.
Yeah he writes characters so odd sometimes, like why would Vegeta be training with Whis when his wife is pregnant? It is like he is still that prick from the Cell arc. And then he sometimes he writes Goku reallllly bad, like this whole Chichi pregnant thing or kissing thing, the anime at least leaves thing more vague. Toyotaro has a lot of shortcomings in both terms of art and writing, he as a long way to go. I see potential in the guy but man he needs to leave DB and do some professional work in another franchise that is they only way he will get better, right now as a fan he lacks certain objectivity needed, Toriyama has come on record and said he doesn't care when people change his work and it does seems they are letting him do what he wants.

Username2016

Post by Username2016 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:06 pm

What grinds my gears is when people say Power Scaling doesn't matter.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
The gr wrote:
Even movies like Batman & robin,mockbusters,norm of the north,emojis,it cetera
While, I like Batman and Robin (outside of Bane), I think Ghostbusters is dumb and never got the controversy about the 2016 version, didn't see Norm of the North or the Emoji Movie, and what's wrong with It? It's probably because I don't care for Film and T.V (with some exceptions), so if I'm just a little entertain, I'll walk away happy.
Which version of Ghostbusters is dumb? What's wrong with Film and TV?

The controversy of the new one was many didn't want them simply swapping out females for males. Some took that as sexism and were ready to fight back, but all that died down when the movie came out and even it's staunchest advocates prior to the film's release said it was bad. Even they couldn't defend it.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:36 pm

The whole franchise. The movie was fine, but when the new one was announced, people were acting like Ghostbusters was some untouchable, legendary, franchise, and it's like, really ? It's Ghostbusters, c'mon people.

As for Film and T.V, I don't watch a lot of it. In fact, over the past month, I've watch like 3 Movies, most of the seasons of The Simpsons, and one episode of Spongebob with my sister. So, I don't really care if what I'm watching is good, as long as it can get me a little entertainment, I'm good.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:The whole franchise. The movie was fine, but when the new one was announced, people were acting like Ghostbusters was some untouchable, legendary, franchise, and it's like, really ? It's Ghostbusters, c'mon people.

As for Film and T.V, I don't watch a lot of it. In fact, over the past month, I've watch like 3 Movies, most of the seasons of The Simpsons, and one episode of Spongebob with my sister. So, I don't really care if what I'm watching is good, as long as it can get me a little entertainment, I'm good.
It's not about the "franchise". It was just about the classic movie that people hold in high regard. I love that movie. It's like trying to remake Jaws or Back to the Future. The concepts don't make those films. The magic of them is in the execution, just like the magic of DB was Toriyama. Plenty of stories mix genres and action with comedy. It's how you execute that matters. When it ends, let it end.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:26 pm

ABED wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:The whole franchise. The movie was fine, but when the new one was announced, people were acting like Ghostbusters was some untouchable, legendary, franchise, and it's like, really ? It's Ghostbusters, c'mon people.

It's not about the "franchise". It was just about the classic movie that people hold in high regard. I love that movie. It's like trying to remake Jaws or Back to the Future. The concepts don't make those films. The magic of them is in the execution, just like the magic of DB was Toriyama. Plenty of stories mix genres and action with comedy. It's how you execute that matters. When it ends, let it end.
The problem for me, is that I never saw Ghostbusters on that level. Both of those are classic movies, and if they were to be remade, I'd still think the outrage would be dumb, but At least I could understand it better. To me, Ghostbusters was just some good 80s movies.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Outrage is a strong word and the "outrage" was more due to the nature of the reboot - i.e. it being all female.

Ghostbusters is a classic, whether you like the film or not, it falls into that category. I don't care for Gone with the Wind, but it's a classic movie.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:What grinds my gears is when Toyotaro consistently makes the main character OOC, fueling the casual sheep to believe things that aren't true and thus spreads like wildfire.
Yeah he writes characters so odd sometimes, like why would Vegeta be training with Whis when his wife is pregnant? It is like he is still that prick from the Cell arc. And then he sometimes he writes Goku reallllly bad, like this whole Chichi pregnant thing or kissing thing, the anime at least leaves thing more vague. Toyotaro has a lot of shortcomings in both terms of art and writing, he as a long way to go. I see potential in the guy but man he needs to leave DB and do some professional work in another franchise that is they only way he will get better, right now as a fan he lacks certain objectivity needed, Toriyama has come on record and said he doesn't care when people change his work and it does seems they are letting him do what he wants.
But vegeta quit training because of bra,yup i do think The outline is limiting his writing skill But he shouldnt quit The franchise,i think he should side story with The other universe
Mostly active on discord.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:29 pm

ABED wrote:Outrage is a strong word and the "outrage" was more due to the nature of the reboot - i.e. it being all female.

Ghostbusters is a classic, whether you like the film or not, it falls into that category. I don't care for Gone with the Wind, but it's a classic movie.
Eh. You do you.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:30 pm

ABED wrote:Outrage is a strong word and the "outrage" was more due to the nature of the reboot - i.e. it being all female.

Looks I'm in the minority here on this forum, because I like Gone With The Wind. I'm a sucker for old movies.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Looks I'm in the minority here on this forum, because I like Gone With The Wind.
It has nothing to do with it being a romantic movie. I'm a romantic at heart, but the film is entirely too long and I don't care for Scarlet.
Eh. You do you.
Not sure exactly what this means, but whether something constitutes a classic isn't subjective. Anyone can like classic movies or not, but it isn't about taste. Whether anyone else likes DB, it will certainly be considered a classic decades down the road, if it isn't already. Ghostbusters and DB have remained popular decades after they came out.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:42 pm

The gr wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
But vegeta quit training because of bra,yup i do think The outline is limiting his writing skill But he shouldnt quit The franchise,i think he should side story with The other universe
Yeah, he definitely needs to take a few steps back to remove his bias. I'm not big on shipping in DB, but it's obvious he has favoritism for VegeBul and some sort of vendetta against GoChi. At this rate the way his writing has been shitting on the characters and the sales bombing, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets canned in a few months

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:44 pm

ABED wrote:
Eh. You do you.
Not sure exactly what this means, but whether something constitutes a classic isn't subjective. Anyone can like classic movies or not, but it isn't about taste. Whether anyone else likes DB, it will certainly be considered a classic decades down the road, if it isn't already. Ghostbusters and DB have remained popular decades after they came out.
Just meant I didn't feel like continuing the conversation. Though I do feel weather something is a classic is debeatle. Like people call All Eyez On Me a classic album, but that album sucks, by far 2Pac's worst album.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸