Things that grind your gears

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Re: Things that grind your gears

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:21 am

*Super Saiyan Blue being used in too many unnecessary situations and also it being matched or dominated by practically everyone
*Super's writing on what SSB is. In one instance, the form as "the perfect ki control" and "saps less strength [...than...] Super Saiyan 2 and 3", in another instance, it drains a lot of stamina
*Toei's movie retellings basically screwing up whatever authenticity the movies had
*The vast misinformation on the DB Wiki on Wikia/Fandom
*The fact that SSB Vegetto can't last 5 minutes in a fight
*Vegetto's name, sometimes; would much rather prefer "Vegerotto" and thus "Vegerot"
*Hit being rung out early
*The Omni-Kings

Hopefully, I'll have more.
Last edited by TheShadowEmperor8055 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:29 am

ekrolo2 wrote:DB people have managed to out do themselves with the Jiren wank, apparently, because Jiren can overpower Hit's time manipulation he can will himself out of being flung into the future/past if you had him vs the Time Gem!

Jesus almighty fucking Christ do I want to strangle DBs fandom sometimes.
For what it's worth, unless they've changed it in the last couple of years, that's not how the Time Gem has ever really worked, on its own, anyway. It gives the user vague clairvoyant abilities and can hopscotch its owner through time, when it chooses, but it's not an offensive weapon without the Power Gem backing it.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:41 am

The continual Super Saiyan forms that are literally just recolored SS1. It was interesting with God, but now that Blue and Rosé have followed, it's just...why? Please do something different.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:The continual Super Saiyan forms that are literally just recolored SS1. It was interesting with God, but now that Blue and Rosé have followed, it's just...why? Please do something different.
Ultra Insinct...? That's pretty different, I would say.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:31 pm

MajinMan wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:The continual Super Saiyan forms that are literally just recolored SS1. It was interesting with God, but now that Blue and Rosé have followed, it's just...why? Please do something different.
I like Ultra Instinct, but not really. It's just base Goku with silver eyes

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:08 am

MajinMan wrote:
It's... Base Goku with silver eyes and wind machine? Let's not get too far out with this 'pretty different' talk. You couldn't even tell from further away whether he's in base form or Ultra Instinct...

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:45 am

VegettoEX made some posts regarding this one on Twitter, but I really hate the trend of taking screenshots of Super or any other current Dragon Ball animation and mess it up with photoshop filters and call it "What if [blank] was made in 1990" and all that shit.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 am

MajinMan wrote:
I also like Ultra Instinct, but it's basically base Goku with silver eyes.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Basaku wrote:It's... Base Goku with silver eyes and wind machine? Let's not get too far out with this 'pretty different' talk. You couldn't even tell from further away whether he's in base form or Ultra Instinct...
YonedgeHP wrote:I also like Ultra Instinct, but it's basically base Goku with silver eyes.
Dbzfan94 wrote:I like Ultra Instinct, but not really. It's just base Goku with silver eyes
I responded to someone saying that they didn't like the continual Super Saiyan recolor forms and wanted something else. Ultra Instinct is definitely something new. I don't care how simple the design is. I'd much rather have this than some overdesigned crap that most people seem to long for. Is it a really a bad thing that it's simple?
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:28 pm

MajinMan wrote:
Basaku wrote:It's... Base Goku with silver eyes and wind machine? Let's not get too far out with this 'pretty different' talk. You couldn't even tell from further away whether he's in base form or Ultra Instinct...
YonedgeHP wrote:I also like Ultra Instinct, but it's basically base Goku with silver eyes.
Dbzfan94 wrote:I like Ultra Instinct, but not really. It's just base Goku with silver eyes
I responded to someone saying that they didn't like the continual Super Saiyan recolor forms and wanted something else. Ultra Instinct is definitely something new. I don't care how simple the design is. I'd much rather have this than some overdesigned crap that most people seem to long for. Is it a really a bad thing that it's simple?
You said Ultra Instinct is "pretty different" looking. It's just really not. And where did I say simple = bad? I said I liked the form but it's not really that different because it's a technique and not a form (I think.)

What qualifies as an "overdesign"? What makes them crap?

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
MajinMan wrote:
You said Ultra Instinct is "pretty different" looking. It's just really not. And where did I say simple = bad? I said I liked the form but it's not really that different because it's a technique and not a form (I think.)

This: https://www.google.com/search?q=ssj+5&s ... yH4s1qdqvM:

I believe it speaks for itself.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:36 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
MajinMan wrote:

Super Saiyan 10:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:11 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

Super Saiyan 10:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
And whatever THIS thing is.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:10 pm

MajinMan wrote:
Underdesigned is just as bad as overdesigned though.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Toriyama or Toei wanting everyone(Goku, Gohan, Krillin, Yamcha, sort of Goten) to wear the kame gi. I mean its understandable for Goku because it's so iconic for his character. But give the others some originality, Gohan should have gone back to his blue red belted gi for the TOP.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:58 pm

MaskedRider wrote:And whatever THIS thing is.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
THAT is a fusion of 5 different characters including Cell and Frieza.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:21 pm

That new filter the TOP arc introduced makes it real weird to look at old episodes of Super. :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Ripper 30 wrote:It's not deep Voice by normal standard but FOR Gokū the voice is too deep. Even Lex Lang whom they criticize for deep voice doesn't deepens it or makes it as much Gruff as Sean does.
Sean's tries to focus on badassery, Macho-ness, Manliness and in serious situation it may even sound like a generic Hollywood movie hero and not goku at all but his Goofy part sounds forced when he tries to make the voice as high as possible, Kelamis and Corlett managed to sound natural for both serious and goofy goku and we didn't see any gruff tone that we see in Sean's goku, even Nozawa's voice only deepens to a point but still it feels like goku in ssj3 not the same can be said for Sean. I can't see how Milton James sounds like Ryo Horikawa.
A guy who frequents this forum thinks he does. I don't hear it. Brian Drummond is the one that sounds the closest to Horikawa.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:17 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:Toriyama or Toei wanting everyone(Goku, Gohan, Krillin, Yamcha, sort of Goten) to wear the kame gi. I mean its understandable for Goku because it's so iconic for his character. But give the others some originality, Gohan should have gone back to his blue red belted gi for the TOP.
Funnily enough in the promo poster for the manga Gohan seems to be in a purple GI.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:28 pm

Incomplete releases really bug me.

Damn you Viz release Cell Buu and original DB in Full colour! :evil: