Things that grind your gears

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallKing
Regular

Re: Things that grind your gears

Post by DragonBallKing » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Overly sensitive people who think that me not wanting to phase out a big aspect of an established popular character means that I support sexual assault/rape in real life, ridiculous.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:16 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:Overly sensitive people who think that me not wanting to phase out a big aspect of an established popular character means that I support sexual assault/rape in real life, ridiculous.
My gears are grinded for this one as well. :D

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:24 pm

You've all had ample opportunity to say your two cents on that matter. It's over and your continued responses here in this thread are not welcomed.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 pm

VegettoEX wrote:You've all had ample opportunity to say your two cents on that matter. It's over and your continued responses here in this thread are not welcomed.
Fair enough, my apologies.
precita wrote:As of recent, the constant endless complaining about the TOP arc in Super and everything about it. It seems like nobody can ever be happy, they have to tear apart the arc and all its characters and fights endlessly, constantly nitpicking and barely talking about the good parts.
This annoys me as well. Not so much that people complain about the problems with the ToP, but people who overexaggerate and tear the entire thing apart saying that the entire thing is a disaster and there's barely anything good about the arc. It's almost like it's getting the same treatment the RoF arc got by some people in how much they hate it.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Asura wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:You've all had ample opportunity to say your two cents on that matter. It's over and your continued responses here in this thread are not welcomed.
Fair enough, my apologies.
precita wrote:As of recent, the constant endless complaining about the TOP arc in Super and everything about it. It seems like nobody can ever be happy, they have to tear apart the arc and all its characters and fights endlessly, constantly nitpicking and barely talking about the good parts.
This annoys me as well. Not so much that people complain about the problems with the ToP, but people who overexaggerate and tear the entire thing apart saying that the entire thing is a disaster and there's barely anything good about the arc. It's almost like it's getting the same treatment the RoF arc got by some people in how much they hate it.
Yeah, I've tuned those people out a long time ago. A lot of them are the same kind as those that never watched past episode 5, and look for every reason to crap on Dragon Ball Super.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 am

Asura wrote:
To be fair, the RF arc deserves it. The ToP is decent though despite the flaws.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:32 am

I genuinely regret buying my Dragon Boxes. Watched them once, and that's it. Might sell them in the future tho.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:29 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:I genuinely regret buying my Dragon Boxes. Watched them once, and that's it. Might sell them in the future tho.
is it because they were expensive ?
My English is poor .

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:35 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:I genuinely regret buying my Dragon Boxes. Watched them once, and that's it. Might sell them in the future tho.
Yeah, I figured as much, that's why I didn't want to buy the anime. I bought the manga instead and I end up using much more, to just check some lines or to read a while. I also like the manga more than the anime.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:27 pm

rereboy wrote:
Yeah, I figured as much, that's why I didn't want to buy the anime. I bought the manga instead and I end up using much more, to just check some lines or to read a while. I also like the manga more than the anime.
Which version of the manga did you buy? Been think about collecting the whole series through the Viz Bigs.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Which version of the manga did you buy? Been think about collecting the whole series through the Viz Bigs.
I bought the Vizbigs. Overall, they are the most worthwile. I wrote two reviews on them in this forum, you can search for it.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:29 pm

rereboy wrote:
I bought the whole manga to, so I don't even know why I bought them lol. Dropped 130 bucks on them.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:54 pm

The fact that in over 2 decades the western fandom still does not understand that the franchise gives a shit about canon and still keep pushing their agenda of the series following "x" canon.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 am

Gives a shit means they care. You meant they DONT give a shit.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:05 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:The fact that in over 2 decades the western fandom still does not understand that the franchise gives a shit about canon and still keep pushing their agenda of the series following "x" canon.
I believe you meant to say the franchise does not give a shit about canon.

At any rate, evidently they're declaring certain material to be the real thing by calling it part of the official history of DB and whatnot.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:05 pm

When people barely call the current arc it's actual name. Seriously people, why are you calling it the Tournament of Power arc, or TOP arc?! What's wrong with calling it the Universe Survival Arc?!
Caulifla best girl! :)

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:02 pm

When people call this BGM "Android 17's theme" eventhough it was used for several other characters too, and it was first used for Buu in his fight against Basil, yet people call it 17's theme for some reason.

This is the BGM i'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFJ22lTXMe0&t=1s
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:43 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:When people barely call the current arc it's actual name. Seriously people, why are you calling it the Tournament of Power arc, or TOP arc?! What's wrong with calling it the Universe Survival Arc?!
I didn't call it ToP at first, but the more I used "US arc" the more I kept thinking of it as the United States arc, so now I just use ToP.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:55 am

Asura wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:When people barely call the current arc it's actual name. Seriously people, why are you calling it the Tournament of Power arc, or TOP arc?! What's wrong with calling it the Universe Survival Arc?!
I didn't call it ToP at first, but the more I used "US arc" the more I kept thinking of it as the United States arc, so now I just use ToP.
Why not El GP arc?

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:21 am

People who base a character's worth solely on how strong they are; to these people, if a character isn't always training and getting stronger so they can fight the next big bad, they have no place in the story. I know it's a bit silly to get annoyed at other people's opinions, but I can't help it. It irks me when my favourite characters - Gohan, Krillin and Piccolo - get shat on, with the first two in particular being the butt of many jokes.

Gohan in particular gets the worst treatment in this regard, as it seems a lot of people are disappointed that he went his own path and didn't turn out how they wanted, or develop into a Goku clone. Personally, one of the reasons I like Gohan is because he didn't become a battle maniac like his father, and I think he's among the most realistic characters in this hugely unrealistic series. Besides, even though he slacked off in his training after the Cell arc, he was still among the strongest fighters in the universe. It wasn't until Super that his regression in strength became notable, but that got rectified in the latest arc.

Krillin gets a lot of flack for for his death count (which isn't anywhere near as bad as it's made out to be), and sometimes cowardly demeanour. I like Krillin because of the human aspect he brings to the series, and how even though he's scared, he still gives it his all when the situation calls for it.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93