What DBZ party did you vote for in the australian election?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

bigray
Beyond Newbie

What DBZ party did you vote for in the australian election?

Post by bigray » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:10 am

It was a tough call but i couldnt go past Goku, hes just too good lol

i had to put vegeta last because i knew it would annoy him :lol:

Who would you vote for?

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Re: What DBZ party did you vote for in the australian electi

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:24 am

OK, this is pretty funny.

I wonder if they're actually going to count that vote. You kept the numbers right.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:02 am

I actually used my vote.

The time you spent being "clever" could have easily been used talking to local volunteers to at least get a quick rundown of the key policy points of each of the parties, and then you could at least go into polling slightly more informed. I very much hope that you share this with a group of close friends, and those friends will remind you of the way you pissed your vote down your leg for a cheap laugh the moment that you dare to complain about education, public servants, tax, the economy, trade, employment or any of the innumerable policies or services that are impacted by your vote.

Grow up.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:16 am

The funny thing about Australian voting (I don't know if this is the same in other countries) is that you're totally allowed to write whatever the hell you want on the slips, just as long as you actually numbered your votes in the boxes provided and they're clearly visible.

I knew someone who worked as a vote collector and she once saw a vote slip with paragraphs detailing why they hate a particular government party. It's actually hilarious how dedicated some people get.

But yeah, that top image where you crossed out the boxes and made your own will probably get you a fine since you didn't use the boxes provided.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:22 am

...Its a secret ballot. You can only be fined for not voting.

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:22 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:The funny thing about Australian voting (I don't know if this is the same in other countries) is that you're totally allowed to write whatever the hell you want on the slips, just as long as you actually numbered your votes in the boxes provided and they're clearly visible.

I knew someone who worked as a vote collector and she once saw a vote slip with paragraphs detailing why they hate a particular government party. It's actually hilarious how dedicated some people get.

But yeah, that top image where you crossed out the boxes and made your own will probably get you a fine since you didn't use the boxes provided.
na. its anonymous, they cant find me. i heard that the vote just becomes invalid and the vote goes to the current party (i assume thats because it implies they dont want to vote for anyone new and are ok with the current party.)

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:23 am

Captain Awesome wrote:...Its a secret ballot. You can only be fined for not voting.
captain awesome! you never replied to my PM the other day

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:25 am

This is hideously off topic but there are so many misconceptions flying around about our voting system in this thread that it's clear that neither of you paid any attention in Primary School.

bigray
Beyond Newbie

Post by bigray » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:29 am

Captain Awesome wrote:This is hideously off topic but there are so many misconceptions flying around about our voting system in this thread that it's clear that neither of you paid any attention in Primary School.
yep... keep it DBZ related pls

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:42 am

You could have easily done this joke with photoshop or something. Should have used your vote.

My first vote I voted for this guy because of his moustache Not really a wasted vote since he had some good policies, but this year I actually sat down and had a good consideration of who I wanted to vote for. Because of that putting those slips in those boxes felt really good; you should try it.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:54 am

Captain Awesome wrote:...Its a secret ballot. You can only be fined for not voting.
...Somehow that completely flew over my head. Whoops. Sorry about that. :crazy:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:54 pm

Hahaha! This is one of the funniest threads I've ever come across on this forum. :lol: :clap:

gogeta97
Beyond Newbie

Post by gogeta97 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:05 am

Captain Awesome wrote:I actually used my vote.

The time you spent being "clever" could have easily been used talking to local volunteers to at least get a quick rundown of the key policy points of each of the parties, and then you could at least go into polling slightly more informed. I very much hope that you share this with a group of close friends, and those friends will remind you of the way you pissed your vote down your leg for a cheap laugh the moment that you dare to complain about education, public servants, tax, the economy, trade, employment or any of the innumerable policies or services that are impacted by your vote.

Grow up.

You don't need to laugh but you don't need to be "that guy" either.
fadeddreams5 wrote:At this point, that time machine is symbolic to how fans feel about Super. We hope it gets better, but ultimately find ourselves going back in time to a better series.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:02 am

If I remember correctly someone in my middle school did this joke. Found it funny then, not now.

I have to agree with Captain Awesome. Imagining an extreme scenario, these kind of votes might be the difference between putting a Donald Trump or a Far-Right Party in power.
If I was Australian, I would be pretty annoyed at this.
One of the main flaws of democracy.
Maybe it would be better to have a Blue Dog to govern us all. :think:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:04 am

gogeta97 wrote:You don't need to laugh but you don't need to be "that guy" either.
People are allowed to have fun. bigray did just that.

That being said, freedom to have fun (read: freedom of speech) doesn't mean you're free from being judged and having the real-life repercussions of your fun pointed out back at you.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

gogeta97
Beyond Newbie

Post by gogeta97 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:03 pm

VegettoEX wrote:(read: freedom of speech)
I'm sorry but what is that supposed to mean? Surely you're not implying that I don't understand freedom of speech are you? Besides you do know that freedom of speech is what allows me to criticize his post too right?
fadeddreams5 wrote:At this point, that time machine is symbolic to how fans feel about Super. We hope it gets better, but ultimately find ourselves going back in time to a better series.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Absolutely. We're free to have this conversation back and forth. That's what makes everything so great.

You're complaining about someone complaining, though. I just don't know what that accomplishes. It's great, but it doesn't serve much purpose.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

gogeta97
Beyond Newbie

Post by gogeta97 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:08 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Absolutely. We're free to have this conversation back and forth. That's what makes everything so great.

You're complaining about someone complaining, though. I just don't know what that accomplishes. It's great, but it doesn't serve much purpose.
And now you're complaining about me complaining about him complaining. :P

In regards to its purpose, I'm just expressing how I felt about his post and maybe he will reply back with how he feels about my response. Maybe that could lead to a discussion about the thread itself. It's not like many other people haven't done this before. There's literally a still active thread("things that grind gears")dedicated to people complaining about opinions. I fail to see the issue here.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:36 pm

I guess my main concern is what you outlined: our debating someone's complaining about someone's complaining about... something about an original post with a vote...?

That's a bit too far-removed here, and it'd be great if the conversation could actually be about that original point, or simply move on to something else :).

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:00 pm

gogeta97 wrote:Image

You don't need to laugh but you don't need to be "that guy" either.
Someone has to.

I'm with Captain 1000%. Fun and humor are all well and good, but when it comes time to actually vote? That's as serious a matter as it gets. Real life, flesh and blood people's lives literally hinge on these elections oftentimes. The wrong person in office can lead to anything from economic catastrophe, to deteriorating education standards, to hundreds or thousands of soldiers returning home in body bags or with limbs missing. And a whole helluva lot worse than that.

But please, by all means lets not let that deter you from pissing one of those all-important votes away just to make a dumbass joke about an 80s Japanese children's comic.

There's a time and place for everything, including cheap yuk yuks. The actual act of voting and deciding who's going to politically represent you and the rest of your country sure as hell isn't one of them and is as gravely serious a responsibility as they get. NOW more than ever, as we're living in some of the most volatile and dangerous political periods I can think of (not even just in the U.S. as Brexit demonstrates).

Bray and cackle about random pop culture crap on your own free time all day long all you like, but when you're in a voting booth, shit has SEVERE consequences and for some people can sometimes mean the difference between literal life and death. Take that seriously or don't even bother.

What you did wasn't in the least bit cute, funny, or clever, it was the epitome of obnoxious, shitheaded, and immature. "Grow up" indeed.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.