Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Michsi » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Goku spent 7 years together with Lord Kaio and Bubbles(and Gregory in the anime) in Heaven, which is the longest uninterrupted time he has spent with anyone aside from his Grandpa, but we don't really know when Grandpa Gohan died, so can't be completely sure.
Of course Goku wasn't joined at the hip with his dead friends, so he might not have hung around with them all the time, so the person Goku has almost certainly spent the most time uninterrupted time with is Vegeta, when they trained together in the RoSaT before the U7 vs U6 showdown.
Imagine that.
There were those three years with Piccolo before the androids arrived. And he spent 3 years with Kami, so maybe when Piccolo assimilated him, those years add up.

What my point here actually is, is that it's weird that Kuririn has the title of Goku's best friend when they only really spent a couple of months together under Roshi, and then never again for any significant period of time.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:14 pm

It was the longest he had spent with anyone other than his grandpa up to that point and it was during his young formative years. It's hardly what I would call weird.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Michsi wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Goku spent 7 years together with Lord Kaio and Bubbles(and Gregory in the anime) in Heaven, which is the longest uninterrupted time he has spent with anyone aside from his Grandpa, but we don't really know when Grandpa Gohan died, so can't be completely sure.
Of course Goku wasn't joined at the hip with his dead friends, so he might not have hung around with them all the time, so the person Goku has almost certainly spent the most time uninterrupted time with is Vegeta, when they trained together in the RoSaT before the U7 vs U6 showdown.
Imagine that.
There were those three years with Piccolo before the androids arrived. And he spent 3 years with Kami, so maybe when Piccolo assimilated him, those years add up.

What my point here actually is, is that it's weird that Kuririn has the title of Goku's best friend when they only really spent a couple of months together under Roshi, and then never again for any significant period of time.
Ah, but Kami let Mr. Popo take care of Goku's training, so can't really say for sure how much time he spent with Kami, maybe he was doing other things, while Goku was getting trained?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:20 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Imagine that.

Ah, but Kami let Mr. Popo take care of Goku's training, so can't really say for sure how much time he spent with Kami, maybe he was doing other things, while Goku was getting trained?
Well, yeah, but they were still there, in the same place.

Als, I can't believe I wrote Kuririn. I always write he name Krillin....

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:30 pm

Which character is the most popular?

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:Which character is the most popular?
Goku obviously. Vegeta comes right after him.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:37 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
That's surprising, I thought that Gohan was the most popular besides Goku.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:39 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Maybe years ago, but things are different now. Though, I want to point out, that this is my assumption, so don't take it for 100% truth. The true statistics may show different results.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:45 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Goku obviously. Vegeta comes right after him.
Maybe years ago, but things are different now. Though, I want to point out, that this is my assumption, so don't take it for 100% truth. The true statistics may show different results.
That is true. I have a feeling that characters like 17 are extremely popular now, even though he was irrelevant until this last arc.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:37 am

I looked up the dates and the time Kanzenshuu had the most online users (Sept 17) was between episode 58 (Sep 11) and episode 59 (Sep 25) of Super.

Episode 58 is about our heroes learning about Zamasu wish with the Super Dragon Balls and going to U10 to stop Gowasu assassination, the later is then preventing the muder and Beerus Hakaing Zamasu.

What kind of other news or leak happened around Sep 17, 2016 that had Kanzenshuu with lot of people online?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:19 pm

DAMN, people sure are mad about super ending, seriously just look at the amount of dislikes on Toei's preview of the new anime (Kitaro?)

I don't know wheter to feel good because I'm not alone on the hype train or bad because people are already shitting on an unaired promishing show.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:I looked up the dates and the time Kanzenshuu had the most online users (Sept 17) was between episode 58 (Sep 11) and episode 59 (Sep 25) of Super. Episode 58 is about our heroes learning about Zamasu wish with the Super Dragon Balls and going to U10 to stop Gowasu assassination, the later is then preventing the muder and Beerus Hakaing Zamasu. What kind of other news or leak happened around Sep 17, 2016 that had Kanzenshuu with lot of people online?
Really? If I would take a guess, I would say there were most people online in this forum on Episode #66 (Nov 13, 2016) who had 1200 posts IIRC and there's a lot of discussion about it.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:07 pm

jeffbr92 wrote: Really? If I would take a guess, I would say there were most people online in this forum on Episode #66 (Nov 13, 2016) who had 1200 posts IIRC and there's a lot of discussion about it.
The site specifically says Sept 17/2016 had the most users online. Just in case you're confusing stuff, users online (logged in) =/= users activity (posting frequency).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Would an Ultimate Goku get SS hair or would his eyes just get the full outlines with the hair staying like his Base self?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:43 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:DAMN, people sure are mad about super ending, seriously just look at the amount of dislikes on Toei's preview of the new anime (Kitaro?)

I don't know wheter to feel good because I'm not alone on the hype train or bad because people are already shitting on an unaired promishing show.
I'm definitely mad at this,why shit on this show when it didn't even premiered, aren't fans having a freaking movie right now,what more can you ask.
ekrolo2 wrote:Would an Ultimate Goku get SS hair or would his eyes just get the full outlines with the hair staying like his Base self?
Super Saiyan hair but if were using Super logic he will grow a bang :lol:.
Mostly active on discord.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:02 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Would an Ultimate Goku get SS hair or would his eyes just get the full outlines with the hair staying like his Base self?
Now that you mention it, Adult Gohan's Super Saiyan hair is pretty much the same shape as his normal hair, huh? Who knows? Until recently, I didn't even consider Ultimate Gohan a transformation, but just a full realization of his hidden power. But now games and Super are both treating it like one.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:13 am

dbs fanboy wrote:DAMN, people sure are mad about super ending, seriously just look at the amount of dislikes on Toei's preview of the new anime (Kitaro?)

Kitaro has been around before so it's not exactly a new series but in the sense of a new season/series then it is. As much as Super is to Dragon Ball, at least in that regard. It was clear that TOEI had no idea what to do with the Super series so better they just ended it up and decided to put their full-focus on the upcoming Dragon Ball movie instead.

Dragon Ball Super is over. Yay. Good things can finally happen to the Dragon Ball franchise. :)
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Aren't his eyes are already outlined as a common SSJ?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:58 pm

I was reading through the Namek arc again because it's that good and came across this page:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

New headcanon: considering the contrast between the more 'heroic' Goku of the Namek arc, and the increasingly selfish and reckless Goku of the Cell arc and beyond (up to Super), I'm gonna say it isn't just coincidence that Goku's personality shifts a bit after the Super Saiyan transformation :P

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:26 pm

New headcanon: considering the contrast between the more 'heroic' Goku of the Namek arc, and the increasingly selfish and reckless Goku of the Cell arc and beyond (up to Super), I'm gonna say it isn't just coincidence that Goku's personality shifts a bit after the Super Saiyan transformation :P
He lets Vegeta go because he wants to fight him. Same with Piccolo. There was no shift in personality.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.