Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallKing
Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by DragonBallKing » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:46 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:It'll never cease to amaze me that Shenron was voiced by the guy who did the voice for the World Martial Arts Tournament announcer. That's quite the range.
Well for Shinlong they just used a voice filter to deepen his voice just like with Sabat, but he's also the best voice Raoh ever had.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:48 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:It'll never cease to amaze me that Shenron was voiced by the guy who did the voice for the World Martial Arts Tournament announcer. That's quite the range.
Well for Shinlong they just used a voice filter to deepen his voice just like with Sabat, but he's also the best voice Raoh ever had.
Yeah, I know, but still, I wouldn't imagine someone like him playing the World Martial Arts Tournament Announcer.

Yeah, that's right, just like Akira Kamiya is the best Kenshiro and Banjo Ginga is the best Souther. It's a shame they didn't get Ginga to play King Cold in Kai since he's just as deep as Gori. That man's voice is just epic.

Hell, this guy would also have been an awesome Cold.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0qp25J_7k4
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:32 am

Does anyone know if the release date for Super's UK version of Volume 3 (Bluray) has been revealed? :think:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:59 am

mute_proxy wrote:Does anyone know if the release date for Super's UK version of Volume 3 (Bluray) has been revealed? :think:
Nope. Manga revealed their Q1 2018 plans nothing there so I'd just assume it'll be released during the middle of the year (or just before).

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:25 pm

That moment when you randomly have a retardedly obscure question about Dragon Ball, so you go to the only place on the planet where somebody might have the answer, Kanzenshuu, only to find that they already wrote a whole guide talking about it.

Herms is The Man.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Does Gohan being smart prove that Goku is naturally smart? Since he didn't have the best education and the only two people he ever interacted with were both uneducated, yet he's already very advanced as a child, that has to mean Gohan is just naturally intelligent, and he had to get that from somebody. Goku sounds like a more sound candidate than Chi Chi because he is very intelligent in the areas he focuses in - fighting, hunting, surviving, socializing - so that tells me Goku does have the natural intelligence gene, it just depends what he focuses on, so he's not stupid, his actions that seem stupid are really just ignorance and a lack of education.

inb4bardockwasabrilliantscientist

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:23 am

Would be cool if they someday took Super and made a Director's cut or something, removing all the drag and filler 8)

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:23 pm

Watching Jpn for the first time, it's weird how Bubble's voice doesn't change. Like, as if out of the whole cast of characters, Bubbles was the one chosen as the only one who could cross regional borders and provide the one, sole tether linking all versions of Dragon Ball as one.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:13 am

The latest episode of Boruto revealed Mitsuki's origin being an artificial human (or "Jinzou-Ningen" as they say), and in a discussion for the episode one guy asked "So is Mitsuki and android?" Of course I had to intervene and say he's an artificial human and the same guy responds "That's what I said; an android".

I guess even outside Dragon Ball, people automatically think "Jinzou-Ningen" translates to "Android".
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:21 pm

My completely sane and rational opinion is that all K-Pop guys are Future Trunks. I don't even listen to their music I just know they all look like Future Trunks and are now Future Trunks. This isn't an opinion but a fact that isn't worthy of discussion because it can't be attacked or defended. Future Trunks? He is all male K-Pop singer and they are all him.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:20 am

So, I always make puns, like "They dropped the Dragon Ball", "This episode sucks Dragon Balls", "I'm having a Dragon Ball" (like, I'm having a blast), "This episode was Super!", etc. And I don't see anyone else do the same. And why is that? Is it because they sound too corny?
Caulifla best girl! :)

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:26 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:So, I always make puns, like "They dropped the Dragon Ball", "This episode sucks Dragon Balls", "I'm having a Dragon Ball" (like, I'm having a blast), "This episode was Super!", etc. And I don't see anyone else do the same. And why is that? Is it because they sound too corny?
I ironically love cheesy puns like the one's 4kids used, all the food puns they gave Sanji in OP make me both cringe and laugh my ass off at the same time. :lol:

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:53 am

Has there been a word on who designed the UI form?

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:47 am

In the past -- whenever I've mentioned the FUNi dub of the series -- it's brought in a bit more criticisms than I intended. I do respect those men and women for the work they've put in and staying dedicated to the franchise for all of this time. I get the sense that it's more a genuine enjoyment for them than an actual job in the rare times that I've seen Sabat/Schemmel talking about it. They very much appreciate the opportunity that they were given. Extra bonus points to the staff for educating themselves more on the original intended product, learning from past mistakes, and then implementing some of that into their work.

Admittedly though -- other than Kai 1.0 -- I haven't followed the English dub since around 2000.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:40 pm

So...... some months ago Ajay and some other people made a new version of BoG, one with the kikuchi score. I need to ask..... where the hell can i find it?
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Wolf Hurricane is one of the best insert songs ever produced by the franchise
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:27 am

Noah wrote:Wolf Hurricane is one of the best insert songs ever produced by the franchise
I know right! The insert songs were one of the reasons why I gave Japanese Dragon Ball a chance (and never went back), in fact, it's one of the reasons why I decided on re-watching the Dragon Ball Anime a few months ago instead of just reading the Manga.

It's too bad that Super only had "Ultimate Battle".
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 am

Noah wrote:Wolf Hurricane is one of the best insert songs ever produced by the franchise
Insert songs in general are goat. Like, they just get you hyped, lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:43 pm

So what's the deal with Damien Clark, is he in FighterZ, is he retired and only comes back to voice Cell, what's the deal?

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:17 am

There was a time way early on that I thought that the OG Dragon Ball series ran for just 13 episodes, because that's how it was first presented to the U.S. back then before the abrupt switch to Z (I owned those four VHS tapes). For various reasons, it took me several years to finally get to see the entire original series, and I had no idea that I was missing out on 140 additional episodes of awesome content. The experience was/is very memorable.