Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:45 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:Future Mai is the most adorable thing ever.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
It's the eyes, a trick that Disney especially has been exploiting for ages. Gigantic baby eyes make everything exponentially cuter.
Retired.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:17 am

Imagine if Mai was the one to flirt with Zamasu in Episode 64 instead of Bulma.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:Imagine if Mai was the one to flirt with Zamasu in Episode 64 instead of Bulma
It wouldn't make any sense and Zamasu would probably want to kill her anyway.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Dragon World Question: Could a Human's training progress more if he or she was a Power Ranger?

Real World Question: Why do women hate me to death?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Dragon World Question: Could a Human's training progress more if he or she was a Power Ranger?
Um... wat? That question makes absolutely no sense. How DB and PR handle power is completely different.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Real World Question: Why do women hate me to death?
Has nothing to do with Dragon Ball, also there is no appropriate place to ask that question at Kanzenshuu as it has no off-topic section.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:15 pm

It's hilariously ironic how Limit x Survivor is much more energetic and DYNAMIC than the likes of Chozetsu "Dynamic".

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Would you say that "It's like Dragon Ball Super on opposite day!" is a good unofficial tagline for the new Samurai Jack? ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Doctor. wrote: Super Saiyan Hope
That's one of the names i hoped he got before "ssj ikari"
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:28 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Would you say that "It's like Dragon Ball Super on opposite day!" is a good unofficial tagline for the new Samurai Jack? ;)
The two first episodes were fantastic but the third one is already starting to show cracks, in my opinion.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Would you say that "It's like Dragon Ball Super on opposite day!" is a good unofficial tagline for the new Samurai Jack? ;)
The two first episodes were fantastic but the third one is already starting to show cracks, in my opinion.
[spoiler]Jack apparently never killing people and accepting it was definitely wonky but I think the rest of it remained thoroughly strong. Especially by the irony of the Daughters and how they never had a choice nor stood a chance of beating Jack.[/spoiler]
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:48 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
[spoiler]Jack apparently never killing people and accepting it was definitely wonky but I think the rest of it remained thoroughly strong. Especially by the irony of the Daughters and how they never had a choice nor stood a chance of beating Jack.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I think they went overboard with the blood (Jack was even full of scratches in the beginning which he never got at any point and later he was completely covered in blood; I get that it's for visual effect, but I'm not a fan of them stretching their liberties so much). There's no more subtlety to the whole "Jack is pondering suicide" sub-plot anymore, they just made mental Jack suggest that Jack wants to kill himself in a blunt manner (also not a fan of the visual style they used to demonize the mental Jack, again: not subtle). And, finally, the whole wolf thing would have been better if it had remained a metaphoric parallel instead of an actual living wolf that saves Jack for some reason (surely they could have found a way to have Jack save himself without the wolf which most likely will never appear again). But all of this was in the first third of the episode, the rest of the episode was fine.

I doubt the last daughter that fell is dead, she's the one who got any sort of screentime so far, would be a really missed opportunity if she bites the dust right here, especially after how the writers highlighted how disconnected the daughters are with the real world in this episode. But the previous seasons never had any kind of organic storytelling either, so it'd be sort of foolish to expect any from this one.[/spoiler]

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: The two first episodes were fantastic but the third one is already starting to show cracks, in my opinion.
[spoiler]I think they went overboard with the blood (Jack was even full of scratches in the beginning which he never got at any point and later he was completely covered in blood; I get that it's for visual effect, but I'm not a fan of them stretching their liberties so much). There's no more subtlety to the whole "Jack is pondering suicide" sub-plot anymore, they just made mental Jack suggest that Jack wants to kill himself in a blunt manner (also not a fan of the visual style they used to demonize the mental Jack, again: not subtle). And, finally, the whole wolf thing would have been better if it had remained a metaphoric parallel instead of an actual living wolf that saves Jack for some reason (surely they could have found a way to have Jack save himself without the wolf which most likely will never appear again). But all of this was in the first third of the episode, the rest of the episode was fine.

I doubt the last daughter that fell is dead, she's the one who got any sort of screentime so far, would be a really missed opportunity if she bites the dust right here, especially after how the writers highlighted how disconnected the daughters are with the real world in this epide. But the previous seasons never had any kind of organic storytelling either, so it'd be sort of foolish to expect any from this one.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Ashi actually is coming back, apparently, there's an episode devoted to her travelling across the world and discovering what Jack & Aku have both done to it but I'm not 100% sure on this.[/spoiler]

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Real World Question: Why do women hate me to death?
It could be a lot of factors: style, speech, attitude, etc. If you improve these, I think you might get better results.

On-topic:

Ignoring Super and recent movies, it was stated in any media that Freeza's empire was spread in all the Universe 7? Cause several years before I always had a theory that Freeza was just a menace to the North Galaxy due the fact King Kai knows about him, and in other galaxies (West, South and East) probably inhabit enemies stronger than him and the heroes, maybe :think:
Last edited by Noah on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:19 pm

In the Interview Dragon Power!/Ask Akira Toriyama Q.7. Toriyama states this about Freeza's race. There aren’t many of them, but perhaps they are a new hybrid species that came into existence from an accidental spontaneous mutation in our grandfathers’ time. Does this statement hold any weight?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Gog wrote:In the Interview Dragon Power!/Ask Akira Toriyama Q.7. Toriyama states this about Freeza's race. There aren’t many of them, but perhaps they are a new hybrid species that came into existence from an accidental spontaneous mutation in our grandfathers’ time. Does this statement hold any weight?
There's no contradiction, so I don't see why not, but in the end, it's up to you how much weight it holds.
Retired.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:59 am

If there is no official canon in Dragon Ball. Then does that mean that Evolution could technically be canon?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:16 am

Gog wrote:In the Interview Dragon Power!/Ask Akira Toriyama Q.7. Toriyama states this about Freeza's race. There aren’t many of them, but perhaps they are a new hybrid species that came into existence from an accidental spontaneous mutation in our grandfathers’ time. Does this statement hold any weight?
A "contradiction" here is that it says both "hybrid species" and "accidental spontaneous mutation". A hybrid species doesn't appear because of a mutation; rather, a species evolves through mutations. I'm fairly sure Frieza's been called a mutant on other occasions as well, so it's best to focus on the mutation thing instead of the hybrid thing when attempting to explain King Cold and Frieza's power.
Though biology has never applied to Dragon Ball.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:30 am

Gog wrote:If there is no official canon in Dragon Ball. Then does that mean that Evolution could technically be canon?
To an extent, yes, but considering it so would be about as hard as arguing that the three Dragon Ball movies are canon.

Hell, if you ever get into a debate about it, I'll back you up. :lol:
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Gog wrote:If there is no official canon in Dragon Ball. Then does that mean that Evolution could technically be canon?
If you think you can find a way to squeeze it into the same continuity with the rest, be my guest.
Retired.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Footlong Shoe wrote:
To an extent, yes, but considering it so would be about as hard as arguing that the three Dragon Ball movies are canon.

Hell, if you ever get into a debate about it, I'll back you up. :lol:
I would argue that the three Dragon Ball movies could fit into a theoretical movies timeline alongside all the Z movies.
The events of the series and manga would be vastly different, but you could put together a timeline that works.

And that's the thing about Dragon Ball continuity; pick any parts that don't have any glaring, direct contradictions, and you can fit them together in any way you see fit. It's quite fun to think about, actually.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.