Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Noah wrote:Do anyone thinks the form Goku used against Slug in M3 popular named as "False Super Saiyan" as the same he used against the Ginyu Force in that filler episode in Hell?
You're thinking of M4. M3 is Tree of Might. And IMO yes, its the same form.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:09 pm

I think Goku vs. Majin Vegeta with Battle Of Heroes from John Williams ROTS soundtrack would make a good AMV :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Was this statement from Dragon Ball Z movie 5?

As opposed to Freeza, whose power was too strong in his third-transformation form, to the point where he couldn't restrain it, Coola is able to always be in his third-transformation form, and in addition is capable of one more transformation!!

And if it is does it imply that Freeza's apparent true form is his third form?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:49 am

Gog wrote:Was this statement from Dragon Ball Z movie 5?

As opposed to Freeza, whose power was too strong in his third-transformation form, to the point where he couldn't restrain it, Coola is able to always be in his third-transformation form, and in addition is capable of one more transformation!!

I think it's only counting transformations past base form.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:37 pm

Third transformation form means the fourth form. The first transformation gives him his second form, the second transformation the third form and the third transformation his fourth form.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Is this the right place to talk about if Super Saiyan God could be used to power Super Saiyan 4?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Draconic wrote:

Third transformation form means the fourth form. The first transformation gives him his second form, the second transformation the third form and the third transformation his fourth form.
So does that imply that the true form is the first form in the Movie-verse? :P

Anyway, I heard that there was another person who could mimic Toriyama's style, and apparently he was the best at drawing Freeza race characters? What's his name?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Gog wrote:
Draconic wrote:

Anyway, I heard that there was another person who could mimic Toriyama's style, and apparently he was the best at drawing Freeza race characters? What's his name?
Young Jijii did some weird stuff with Freeza. It wasn't my cup of tea, but I do enjoy his fan art over anyone else's. I don't know who else you could mean, so I assume that is who you're talking about.
Retired.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Gog wrote:
Draconic wrote: Third transformation form means the fourth form. The first transformation gives him his second form, the second transformation the third form and the third transformation his fourth form.

Young Jijii did some weird stuff with Freeza. It wasn't my cup of tea, but I do enjoy his fan art over anyone else's. I don't know who else you could mean, so I assume that is who you're talking about.
What was his weird stuff with Freeza? Regardless I believe that the person I was talking about before hand does dragon ball heroes.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:01 pm

Gog wrote: was his weird stuff with Freeza? Regardless I believe that the person I was talking about before hand does dragon ball heroes.
Well, he created Ize, whose design you hate, for one.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Is this the right place to talk about if Super Saiyan God could be used to power Super Saiyan 4?
Probably, people were theorizing by the time BoG was out, that Goku having the power of the Gods in his base would explain his massive strenght in GT :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:17 am

I picture Sean Schemmel voicing Manga Goku Black quite well..

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:26 am

Freeza9000 wrote:I picture Sean Schemmel voicing Manga Goku Black quite well..
Now that you mention it, it does work.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:29 am

Freeza9000 wrote:I picture Sean Schemmel voicing Manga Goku Black quite well..
I really hope Schemmel can nail Goku Black's flamboyance. It's not anything like I've seen him work with before, so I don't know what to expect. Worst case scenario, I'm sure Sabat would have the sense to either recast or have the script bent in such a way where the humor doesn't rely as heavily on his performance (let's be honest, it would take multiple miracles for him to even be within metaphorical visual range of Nozawa's Goku Black). Neither of those options would be all that difficult, but obviously, a marvelous, faithful Schemmel performance would be best.

In any case, assuming Funimation doesn't take seasonal dubbing breaks, we'll see in less than a year!
Retired.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:51 am

Anyone else's Dragonboxes still have that new box smell even after 6-8 years?
Danfun64 wrote:
Noah wrote:Do anyone thinks the form Goku used against Slug in M3 popular named as "False Super Saiyan" as the same he used against the Ginyu Force in that filler episode in Hell?
You're thinking of M4. M3 is Tree of Might. And IMO yes, its the same form.
Even though it was supposed to be SSJ it's always been my personal head canon that he was using Kaioken, however it no longer put any considerable strain on his body due to his power and body being so strong compared to when he first used the technique hence no red aura.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:06 am

Gog wrote:
Draconic wrote:

Yes, but you have yet to provide a source for that statement though it sounds like it came from daizenshhu 7.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:37 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Gog wrote:
Draconic wrote: Third transformation form means the fourth form. The first transformation gives him his second form, the second transformation the third form and the third transformation his fourth form.
Yes, but you have yet to provide a source for that statement though it sounds like it came from daizenshhu 7.
It's from Daizenshuu 6:
Coola
The older brother of Freeza, who brags that he is the strongest in the universe. He has the same appearance as Freeza's strongest form, but Coola can transform one more time than his younger brother!!

Super evolution! This is the final form!!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Does Beerus' nose not being black bother anyone else? Everytime he is on screen it always pops into my head why isn't his nose black :lol: .

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Who did this glorious piece of animation?

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Future Mai is the most adorable thing ever.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]