Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:44 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:Do you think it was a missed opportunity?
A hundred time yes! Seeing how Black had some chemistry with Goku in the anime, it was such a shame that they never fought in the manga, though manga Black is just a generic thug in comparison to anime Black and his flamboyant personality.
I heard a lot of opinions on this, some say that they didn't fight because in manga form it would have been connfusing for two Gokus to go at each other. I still think it could have been done, Black's darker clothes made them very distinguishable.
Get Fucked, C_unt

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:45 pm

This is more of an in-universe question but has it ever been stated that the Namekian Dragon Balls can bring back a massive amount of people back from the dead twice?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:16 am

Something which recently came to my mind is how Vegeta, particularly in Super, seems to be using his same big finishers more and more often. As far as I can remember, this wasn't the case for canon Z. I'm not entirely sure whether the choice to have this happen is strictly good or bad, but it does lessen their impact, in my eyes. One of the coolest parts to these moments in their original appearances (Final Flash, Big Bang Attack, etc) is the spectacle of seeing Vegeta pull off something both dazzlingly new and devastatingly possible. I think that's been lost with the reuse done in Super.
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:50 am

Lightdasher wrote:Something which recently came to my mind is how Vegeta, particularly in Super, seems to be using his same big finishers more and more often. As far as I can remember, this wasn't the case for canon Z. I'm not entirely sure whether the choice to have this happen is strictly good or bad, but it does lessen their impact, in my eyes. One of the coolest parts to these moments in their original appearances (Final Flash, Big Bang Attack, etc) is the spectacle of seeing Vegeta pull off something both dazzlingly new and devastatingly possible. I think that's been lost with the reuse done in Super.
Toei's always had a habbit of having "signature moves" come back more often then Toriyama did. The only one he used frequently in the manga was the Kamehameha, the others like the Galick Gun or Masenko only appear once. A couple other repeat use exceptions are the Kikoho and Kienzan.

The anime adaptations made them happen a lot more often which isn't necessarily a bad thing, even for Super.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:21 am

Is that Dragon Ball GT Orchestra video real or just a montage?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:58 am

Which do you guys prefer, the string laces on Goku's boots or the ribbon's that Troiyama likes to draw?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Nobody ever wondered why Saiyans and other characters had no body hair, not even in the armpit?

Was that a Toriyama personal choice or probably a Saiyan trait?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:28 am

Anybody know if any good English subtitles for Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans exist? The 93' one.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Which do you guys prefer, the string laces on Goku's boots or the ribbon's that Troiyama likes to draw?
I've always drawn him with the ribbons so I prefer them over the Laces. I don't really know why, it's one of those things you pick up that stick with you
Get Fucked, C_unt

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:49 pm

I have two questions:
1) Why did Toppo regain that belly fat after getting knocked out? Was GoD form a temporary powerup? If so, it doesn't make sense since the GoD we saw always stay the same without transformations
2) Why the hell does Gohan not have the bang anymore in his normal state? Why isn't Ultimate his new normal state now that he regained it? Is his hairline receiding or something? Did he take inspiration from Yamcha or what? I think his early Buu saga and RoF arc hairstyles are his best looks.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Which do you guys prefer, the string laces on Goku's boots or the ribbon's that Troiyama likes to draw?
String laces not really a fan of the ribbons.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:38 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Nobody ever wondered why Saiyans and other characters had no body hair, not even in the armpit?

Was that a Toriyama personal choice or probably a Saiyan trait?
I thought Asians normally don't have much body hair. I've seen countless shirtless scenes in Toku shows and Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies and they don't show any hair. Unless they remove them off-screen?

So far Mister Satan is the only one I know in the entire franchise to sport manly body hair, but maybe because he was based on American wrestlers he was designed with more American traits like the chest carpet in mind?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:40 am

ekrolo2 wrote:This is more of an in-universe question but has it ever been stated that the Namekian Dragon Balls can bring back a massive amount of people back from the dead twice?
No, but they should be able to, following the Boo arc's upgrade.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:47 am

The dragons in Super look like they were ripped straight out of Yu-Gi-Oh!. lol
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Does anyone else think Mastered UIs appearance would've gotten off on a better foot if SSGod was, say, the original Yamamuro design instead of the skinny, red-haired Goku one?

Having the first new God form be this bulkier design, followed up by a more classic Blue with the final being essentially silver-haired Goku's base would've made a better progression then what we have now.

Or just make Omen the actual design, that'd work too :P

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Does anyone else think Mastered UIs appearance would've gotten off on a better foot if SSGod was, say, the original Yamamuro design instead of the skinny, red-haired Goku one?

Having the first new God form be this bulkier design, followed up by a more classic Blue with the final being essentially silver-haired Goku's base would've made a better progression then what we have now.

Or...

Aand hear me out on this.

We could have had SS3 be Goku's last form.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:00 pm

It doesn't feel like making UI a transformation was neccessary
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Does anyone else think Mastered UIs appearance would've gotten off on a better foot if SSGod was, say, the original Yamamuro design instead of the skinny, red-haired Goku one?

Or...

But how will the fans get their power boners wanked if we don't have 10 new transformations per arc!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:10 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

Or...

But how will the fans get their power boners wanked if we don't have 10 new transformations per arc!
Just blow up a galaxy or somethin'.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:14 pm

Doctor. wrote:Just blow up a galaxy or somethin'.
You mean like how SSGod and Beerus using one million of his full power can destroy a universe but stronger fighters don't do shit? I don't think that would work :lol: