Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:09 am

dbgtFO wrote:Did Vegeta at any point use his classic rapid fire ki blasts move in Super? I don't seem to recall an instance.
I can't remember him using it. Maybe he realized that it never works. lol

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:44 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Did Vegeta at any point use his classic rapid fire ki blasts move in Super? I don't seem to recall an instance.
I can't remember him using it. Maybe he realized that it never works. lol
The funny thing is that Goku began using it more in Super though never being much adept of this technique in Z.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Tue May 01, 2018 12:49 pm

In the Z buu saga dub Vegeta refers to Goku as "clown" a lot and I'm wondering if they snuck that into the Super's dub at some point.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:42 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:In the Z buu saga dub Vegeta refers to Goku as "clown" a lot and I'm wondering if they snuck that into the Super's dub at some point.
I know they did, but I can't remember where for sure. I think it's when Vegeta is being trained by Whis and Goku comes to train too. When he first shows up I mean. I can't check right now though.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed May 09, 2018 10:36 am

What if Dragon Ball Super, the dub, aired on Disney XD? Would the show be bigger than it already is here? Would the toys and video games sell more? How would the censorship handled?
Caulifla best girl! :)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed May 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Toei did something in the Tournament of Bojack Unbound Movie that I wish more Tournaments in the series had did. Scatter the cast and have fights happen in different locations.
I like how in Super Toriyama didn't do a traditional Tenkaichi Budokai and even decided to try something new like ToP, but Bojack Unbound still has the most interesting idea for a DB Tournament.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Thu May 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Is there a list somewhere of most if not all the stations that aired Dragon Ball (not Z) in syndication in the USA?
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:55 pm

I just gained a burst of appreciation for voice actor Kenji Utsumi. I only ever knew him as the voice of Recoom, but I just learned he also played Shenlong, the Tenkaichi Budokai announcer, and Commander Red. Not what you would call main characters, but still of vital importance in the series. With how distinct this actor's performances were, I'm surprised I never recognized the Budokai announcer's voice as being the same as Recoom's. But I'm glad I can now appreciate those performances even more than I already did.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu May 10, 2018 6:08 pm

Since we just had Piccolo Day - I find it funny that out of all the major villains Goku faced, he is the only one that praises Goku at the end. The fact that he still had a reincarnation up his sleeve might have been part of the reason why he took his defeat with an ounce of grace, but I still think it's an interesting thing to note.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:22 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Toei did something in the Tournament of Bojack Unbound Movie that I wish more Tournaments in the series had did. Scatter the cast and have fights happen in different locations.
Funny that I though Universe Survival arc would have this similar aproach.

by Doctor.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 am

I don't think what I am about to talk is worth of a thread so please let me explain what I think would be great for Dragon Ball.

My idea started because of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41919

First for character such as Namekian, earthling and others to be relevant again it's to start milking their race by giving them transformation like the Saiyan race !
For that I have a proposal taking into account already produce template from Dragon Ball Online and established facts in Dragon Ball Lore as inspiration.

Let's start with Namekian for exemple don't take into account the female namekian idea concept just focus on the transformation.

Here is the concept/idea of how Namekians could have transformations in the same veins as the Saiyans. So like you can see the transformation will be as follow, look the following picture then see the explanation after.

-Super Namekian 1 the antennas arise and become some sort of horns.
-Super Namekian 2 the antennas/horns grow and and join the back of the skull forming an arc.
-Super Namekian 3 the inside of the circular arc fills up and forms a kind of winglet. (A la Cell explaining why Cell perfect form had this shape in his winglet head skull)

I got also an idea of some sort of Saiyan-jin 4 for Namekian look at this picture click on the spoiler bellow

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

From Deviantartist:
SuperSaiyanGod-Zilla.

Then we just need to think about a God form and also we can pull a Migatte no Gokui for a our dear Namekian.

With this idea largely copied from how Saiyan transformation works we can apply this into others species. Earthling could have transformation based on Wolf attribute, why wolf because Earth other dominante species seems to be wolf humanoid, Shu, the King and many figure we saw in the crowd where mostly wolf based, being seconded by bear and then panda and fox. Also it would makes sens given Yamcha technique and also would makes sens in an ironic way for Kuririn and his skin based breath.

Then there is Tenshinhan as of now I think perhaps him based on birds would be not that bad. This idea come from the fact that the Kanjin 天 in 天津飯 (Tenshinhan) means heaven, in heaven we have angel who have feather like attribute and another idea come from the three raveneyes from Game of Thrones. Tenshinhan species could be ancient angel based on some sort of raven who would have evolved.

Frieza species have already started following Saiyan footstep so I think they are fine. My overall idea would be to leveling up everyone to the level of Saiyan and reestablish a somewhat equality. Doesn't have proper idea for Buu and Ozotto species as well as for Cell.

I think that everything here can work in a merchandising way for Super Dragon Ball Heroes, but bear in mind that everything is concept from me just idea that is all. Now let's hear your criticism about this idea ? :think:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 pm

Does anyone know Nakatsuru is up to these days?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:snip
These are really interesting concepts and I would really like the namekians to rival the Saiyans as a race that can always improve themselves through transformations.

by Doctor.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu May 17, 2018 3:15 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:snip
These are really interesting concepts and I would really like the namekians to rival the Saiyans as a race that can always improve themselves through transformations.
Thank you for this reply though I am still seeking something similar for Buu/Ozotto race and Cell race.

I also got an interesting idea regarding Cyborg and Robot and the Big Gette Star and other concept.

I think we should create in the fan-works section a thread for idea and concept we can share for fan fiction/manga. :D
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:04 am

Wasn't sure where else to put this. Seems like it fit in Fan-Created Works but not enough to make a thread out of. Either way, I liked it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkh3UV0 ... Mw&index=9

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon May 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Did Toriyama draw the cover art for the chouzenshuu and kanzenban books?
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Tue May 22, 2018 11:00 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:Did Toriyama draw the cover art for the chouzenshuu and kanzenban books?
Yes, Toriyama provided the cover artwork for both the kanzenban release of the manga as well as the original daizenshuu volumes which the chozenshuu are based on.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon May 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Daily reminder: Caulifla is NOT pronounced "Khalifla". It's pronounced "Cauliflower", but the "ower" is replaced with an "a".
Caulifla best girl! :)

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:45 am

What do people here think of Schemmel's performance in the DB dub? I rewatched a clip from the dub a day ago, and he was surprisingly very good there.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

jpranevich
Beyond Newbie

Post by jpranevich » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:21 pm

I just noticed for the first time that in DB Episode 37, while Karin is hanging out with Goku and the team at the hospital, he is flying EXACTLY like Puar. We'd never seen him fly at his tower, although I suppose a bit of flight would make getting up and down easier. (It is implied that it's not simple to fly up anyway; even Tenshinhan and Chaotzu had to climb when they made the trip and they were the most experienced fliers of the group.) Just a fun minor detail.

(Speaking of flying, the first time we see Gohan fly in the anime, it's after he had been carried into the sky by Goku to avoid an attack. He just DROPS Gohan and his son starts to float. Good thing he knew how to fly, otherwise that would have been quite a mishap...)