Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bansho64
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:03 pm

DBZimran wrote:Can anyone help me to locate where this animation cel was used:

The colors remind me of either Movie 8 or 9, but I'm not sure. I'm probably wrong, so don't take my word for it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Is there a particular explanation for why the Galactic Patrol couldn't use the extinction bombs to kill off members of Freeza's empire? I know Freeza is a mutant freak who'd probably survive it anyway but what about the other species underneath him?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:02 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Is there a particular explanation for why the Galactic Patrol couldn't use the extinction bombs to kill off members of Freeza's empire? I know Freeza is a mutant freak who'd probably survive it anyway but what about the other species underneath him?
I don't think there is an explanation, but would it have significantly mattered?

Maybe getting rid of the Ginyus, Zarbon and Dodoria, but the rest of Freeza's mooks seem to be so trash he could pick some of them of street, slap a blaster on their wrist and call it a day.

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Bansho64 wrote:

The colors remind me of either Movie 8 or 9, but I'm not sure. I'm probably wrong, so don't take my word for it.
I was thinking that too. I checked out Movie 7, 8 and 9 but I cant seem to find it. Will have to keep looking through them.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:10 pm

MathSSJ wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Is there a particular explanation for why the Galactic Patrol couldn't use the extinction bombs to kill off members of Freeza's empire? I know Freeza is a mutant freak who'd probably survive it anyway but what about the other species underneath him?
I don't think there is an explanation, but would it have significantly mattered?

Maybe getting rid of the Ginyus, Zarbon and Dodoria, but the rest of Freeza's mooks seem to be so trash he could pick some of them of street, slap a blaster on their wrist and call it a day.
Kind of would have, if it can kill anyone, the Patrol could just toss them on any planet and let Freeza and his mooks all die off. It's not like you need a significant presence to do such a thing either, all you need is one operative and a capsule and boom! you've successfully murdered a whole crap load of dudes with no effort.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Android 13 movie. It's near the part where Piccolo rushes in and get blown back by 13

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Beyond wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Android 13 movie. It's near the part where Piccolo rushes in and get blown back by 13
Thank you!! Saved me some time there, I've bought the cel and just wanted to time-stamp it so I know exactly where it is from.

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:11 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
MathSSJ wrote:

Kind of would have, if it can kill anyone, the Patrol could just toss them on any planet and let Freeza and his mooks all die off. It's not like you need a significant presence to do such a thing either, all you need is one operative and a capsule and boom! you've successfully murdered a whole crap load of dudes with no effort.
Assuming Freeza regularly visits one of his bajillion planets and the Galactic Patrol is competent enough to track him, yeah, I can see it working then. Would've dealt with them, but that would require authorities in DB being actually competent.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:47 pm

MathSSJ wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
MathSSJ wrote: I don't think there is an explanation, but would it have significantly mattered?

Assuming Freeza regularly visits one of his bajillion planets and the Galactic Patrol is competent enough to track him, yeah, I can see it working then. Would've dealt with them, but that would require authorities in DB being actually competent.
That is one of the rules of DB, if you're a God or part of the proper authorities, you are worthless shit tier. Except Zamasu.

MathSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:19 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
MathSSJ wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Kind of would have, if it can kill anyone, the Patrol could just toss them on any planet and let Freeza and his mooks all die off. It's not like you need a significant presence to do such a thing either, all you need is one operative and a capsule and boom! you've successfully murdered a whole crap load of dudes with no effort.
That is one of the rules of DB, if you're a God or part of the proper authorities, you are worthless shit tier. Except Zamasu.
Kaio is not bad, but everyone else though... Yeah.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:31 pm

If Black & Zamasu managed to kill Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks off in the future, would Beerus and Whis have decided to get involved personally or would they have simply not gotten involved at all? Or would they at least train Gohan, Goten and Kid Trunks as a viable B squad?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:36 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:If Black & Zamasu managed to kill Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks off in the future, would Beerus and Whis have decided to get involved personally or would they have simply not gotten involved at all? Or would they at least train Gohan, Goten and Kid Trunks as a viable B squad?
Well probably won't do anything as the pair (Z and Black) don't have any reason to come back to our timeline. I think they'll (Whis and B) eventually assume they kicked the bucket then Beerus will take a nap for 39 years! And life pre-Goku will be back to normal!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:If Black & Zamasu managed to kill Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks off in the future, would Beerus and Whis have decided to get involved personally or would they have simply not gotten involved at all? Or would they at least train Gohan, Goten and Kid Trunks as a viable B squad?
Well probably won't do anything as the pair (Z and Black) don't have any reason to come back to our timeline. I think they'll (Whis and B) eventually assume they kicked the bucket then Beerus will take a nap for 39 years! And life pre-Goku will be back to normal!
I would assume Black and Zamasu would eventually attack other timelines to make the Zero Mortals Plan complete. That might be cause enough for them to go after Black & Zamasu in the future.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:54 am

The bombs can't handle young Saiyans. I imagine they're less effective against Freeza's significant forces (which is comprised of enslaved warriors & mercenaries). Killing off the Zako of the universe would serve ultimately pointless if measures against the Kewi-types don't exist. Nothing is accomplished by extincting "harmless" members of those races when the men Freeza scouted aren't feeling the aftermath.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:16 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I would assume Black and Zamasu would eventually attack other timelines to make the Zero Mortals Plan complete. That might be cause enough for them to go after Black & Zamasu in the future.
I think they were pretty satisfied in living in one timeline that has no opposing Gods or mortals, I don't believe they would risk themselves in attacking other timelines as they said in the anime the Zero Mortals Plan would be complete by the time the last mortals on Earth were killed.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Does Black Arc Vegetto have a lower multiplier than Buu Arc Vegetto?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:25 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Does Black Arc Vegetto have a lower multiplier than Buu Arc Vegetto?
I wouldn't imagine him to have a lower multiplier, and I'm sure that nothing implies that he does have a lower multiplier in the series.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Noah wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I would assume Black and Zamasu would eventually attack other timelines to make the Zero Mortals Plan complete. That might be cause enough for them to go after Black & Zamasu in the future.
I think they were pretty satisfied in living in one timeline that has no opposing Gods or mortals, I don't believe they would risk themselves in attacking other timelines as they said in the anime the Zero Mortals Plan would be complete by the time the last mortals on Earth were killed.
I don't think that's true, in the manga at least I'm sure they want every universe and timeline...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:20 pm

What are the episodes of the Funimation dub of the original Dragon Ball where Piccolo states that he "fought all over the universe" and Kami said he knew he was an alien? I know those (along with the Crane Hermit being called Shen and the actual "Shen" being called Hero) are among the worst dub errors the Funimation dub of the original Dragon Ball received, but I don't know the exact episode numbers.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:23 pm

I recall hearing that most of the Double/Triple Feature Blu-rays are pretty shoddy in video quality, notably in their saturation and contrast, but that some are actually quite decent. Does anyone know anything about that?