Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:37 pm

No dub will ever top that scream
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bajosexto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bajosexto » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:54 am

Noah wrote:No dub will ever top that scream
What about this dub?
https://youtu.be/gb6LVmDC9ko

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:22 pm

Bajosexto wrote:What about this dub?
Very impressive, but Masako Nozawa scream is still some notches above.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:58 pm

Sometimes I think back to the poor animation of DBS pre Black Arc and can't help but think about what a fucking disgrace and insult that was to fans especially long time fans of the Dragon Ball series.

That one of the most influential anime to ever exist gets a sequel series after decades and for there to have been ZERO love or care put into it, goddamn what a shit show it was.

One example of MANY

Fortunately they managed to turn it round near the end, because Goddamn the ToP had some downright beautiful animation.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:16 pm

The Monkey King wrote:Sometimes I think back to the poor animation of DBS pre Black Arc and can't help but think about what a fucking disgrace and insult that was to fans especially long time fans of the Dragon Ball series.
These were exactly my thoughts back then and yet there were fans here who thought these were acceptable :lol:

Even though these animators redeemed himself after, these episodes are a stain on this series.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:53 pm

After finally having some time, I watched Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions and wow this movie certainly reaffirms my thoughts about the parallels between Kaiba and Vegeta: both are obsessed with an one-side rivalry to the point of doing anything on their reach to be on top again. The challenge that makes them alive.

But YGO managed to do something that I doubt DB could: making a story all surrounded that obsession to be somewhat interesting, though a little bit convuluted, It made me smile at end.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:59 pm

So...

Gogeta has base form now.

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:13 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:So...

Gogeta has base form now.

What the heck's going on with Gogeta's nose

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:59 pm

OhHiRenan wrote: What the heck's going on with Gogeta's nose
Didn't notice it before lol it looks funny
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:10 pm

It's always nice to see base Gogeta. Can't remember when was the last time a piece of merchadising pictured him like that.

Why does Heroes take so long to add him to the roster?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:29 pm

Grimlock wrote:It's always nice to see base Gogeta. Can't remember when was the last time a piece of merchadising pictured him like that.

Why does Heroes take so long to add him to the roster?
Did he even appear in base form before? I can't remember anything like that.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:48 pm

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Big Boss
Regular

Post by Big Boss » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:09 pm

So I was watching episode 120 on my Funimation Blu-Ray and noticed that when Trunks is powering up to SSJ there is no screen shake when the bodies fly up in the air compared to the Dragon Box. I'm guessing this has to do with Funi's retarded remastering process, but it's still interesting to note nonetheless.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:31 pm

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Majin means genie, right?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:34 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Majin means genie, right?
Let me look up some conversation history I have (hopefully he won't mind):
Ken Xyro wrote: majin [He's talking about 魔人, which is how the Majin in "Majin Buu" is spelled, here] is made up of witch / demon / evil spirit and person kanji.
genie is a different thing, that comes from Jinn which is a completely different word in a different language
i guess the source is arabic, not sure, but its mostly considered as an evil spirit who does bad stuff... but again thats Jinn, different from the Jin in Majin
kanji is complicated to explain... authors often make their readings up but yeah mostly those are the kanji for demon / witch and the 2nd kanji is for person
魔神 [Also pronounced "majin", but using the kanji Heroes used for their "Demon God" stuff] might be a better way to write "genie"
So I wouldn't say it does, "demon person" seems like a more accurate (and direct) translation, but it will depend on the kanji used.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Ken Xyro wrote: majin [He's talking about 魔人, which is how the Majin in "Majin Buu" is spelled, here] is made up of witch / demon / evil spirit and person kanji.
genie is a different thing, that comes from Jinn which is a completely different word in a different language
i guess the source is arabic, not sure, but its mostly considered as an evil spirit who does bad stuff... but again thats Jinn, different from the Jin in Majin
kanji is complicated to explain... authors often make their readings up but yeah mostly those are the kanji for demon / witch and the 2nd kanji is for person
魔神 [Also pronounced "majin", but using the kanji Heroes used for their "Demon God" stuff] might be a better way to write "genie"
So I wouldn't say it does, "demon person" seems like a more accurate (and direct) translation, but it will depend on the kanji used.
Thanks! I was asking to see if Boo was a demon like Daimao. It would explain why everyone of the cast he kills don't show up again, like Gohan and Goten & Trunks who Enma doesn't send them over to help Goku and Vegeta: their souls are cut off from the proper process of getting to him because a demon kills them.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:20 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
Thanks! I was asking to see if Boo was a demon like Daimao. It would explain why everyone of the cast he kills don't show up again, like Gohan and Goten & Trunks who Enma doesn't send them over to help Goku and Vegeta: their souls are cut off from the proper process of getting to him because a demon kills them.
Ehh... I think you might be putting too much thought into it. Considering Toriyama's forgetfulness, there's a good chance he forgot about how Piccolo Diamao trapped his victims in limbo. If Gohan, Goten and Trunks were trapped in limbo by Kid Boo's planet buster, would you say that the presence of Fat Boo within Super Boo is why we see characters Super Boo has killed appear to pass over to the next world in Z (or at least in filler)?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:45 am

Danfun64 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Alruneia wrote: Let me look up some conversation history I have (hopefully he won't mind):

Ehh... I think you might be putting too much thought into it. Considering Toriyama's forgetfulness, there's a good chance he forgot about how Piccolo Diamao trapped his victims in limbo. If Gohan, Goten and Trunks were trapped in limbo by Kid Boo's planet buster, would you say that the presence of Fat Boo within Super Boo is why we see characters Super Boo has killed appear to pass over to the next world in Z (or at least in filler)?
Oh I know there's no way Toriyama actually remembers that 400 chapters about Daimao is beaten, I'm just using it as a possible explanation for why Enma doesn't send the recently deceased Saiyan kids to go help their dads.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:13 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
If you go by the filler Buu isn't a demon Kuririn yamcha training in other world for example