Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Nejishiki » Wed May 17, 2017 10:39 am

Dragon Ball Daizenshuu 4: World Guide wrote:Growth
Powering up through fusion.
Two Namekians can fuse as long as their types aren't different. This fusion is similar to the merging that comes from using the potara, and once fused the two people cannot return to normal. By deciding who will be the base, this determines who will be in control after fusing. The unique trait is that the fused person's power is absorbed, powering up the person who is the base.
That's likely where the idea originated.

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Wed May 17, 2017 8:10 pm

I don't think this has come up yet, but notable bad movie podcast BMFCast has finally covered Dragonball Evolution.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Anyone else here that like the Z Blu rays more than Kai footage? The first half of Kai definitely puts up a pretty good fight and looks pretty good imo, but the Boo arc half of it looks really bad imo. Like, really bad. Like, if someone were to edit the Z Blu Ray footage with the Kai dub audio, then that'd be a huge improvement.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed May 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Bansho64 wrote:Anyone else here that like the Z Blu rays more than Kai footage? The first half of Kai definitely puts up a pretty good fight and looks pretty good imo, but the Boo arc half of it looks really bad imo. Like, really bad. Like, if someone were to edit the Z Blu Ray footage with the Kai dub audio, then that'd be a huge improvement.
I actually think the last 3 Season Blu-rays look fairly good. There are problems, but nothing as detrimental as Kai's sickly colors. In fact, the colors seem fairly on-point. I actually thought about mixing the two myself, but I decided against it on the basis that I have a tendency to never finish projects I start. I've even written short books, only to drop the projects because I couldn't stand proofreading my own work.
Retired.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote: I actually think the last 3 Season Blu-rays look fairly good. There are problems, but nothing as detrimental as Kai's sickly colors. In fact, the colors seem fairly on-point. I actually thought about mixing the two myself, but I decided against it on the basis that I have a tendency to never finish projects I start. I've even written short books, only to drop the projects because I couldn't stand proofreading my own work.
There's actually a workprint on YouTube from a guy who was trying to do exactly that with the Saiyan arc Blu Ray footage and the Kai dub. He had some other videos up a year or so back of the real thing. And, man, it looked pretty good.

As for finishing things, it's all about discipline bro :)

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed May 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Bansho64 wrote:As for finishing things, it's all about discipline bro :)
That's easy enough to say, but I have about as much discipline as an uncemented brick wall.
Retired.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri May 19, 2017 9:31 am

Draconic wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:So I was watching The Flash S3 EP 21 and its funny how it got released on 5/9 Goku day and it turns out Barry LOVED (Iris says "loved" because Barry had amnesia at the time, so he probably still loves DBZ currently) Dragon Ball Z hahaha, that shit caught me off guard.
Came here to say the exact same thing :lol: Too bad Barry probably never watched Dragon Ball.
Between runs I wonder if he's watching Super. I mean, the Savitar situation is pretty similar to the Goku Black one.
I'll betcha Jay Garrick watched Dragon Ball. :P

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:14 am

I reached Majin Boo's debut episode and man is Kozo Shioya's performance is terrifying! I got used to his performance as good Boo in GT and Super and this is my first time watching Z and his performance as not-so-nice Boo is really different and creepy which is something the FUNimation helium-filled voice failed to do!
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri May 19, 2017 1:57 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Draconic wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:So I was watching The Flash S3 EP 21 and its funny how it got released on 5/9 Goku day and it turns out Barry LOVED (Iris says "loved" because Barry had amnesia at the time, so he probably still loves DBZ currently) Dragon Ball Z hahaha, that shit caught me off guard.
Came here to say the exact same thing :lol: Too bad Barry probably never watched Dragon Ball.
Between runs I wonder if he's watching Super. I mean, the Savitar situation is pretty similar to the Goku Black one.
I'll betcha Jay Garrick watched Dragon Ball. :P
He probably watched Dr Slump too!
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri May 19, 2017 9:01 pm

It would be nice if we have more battles with characters that aims to break the other arm/leg in order to take advatange of it
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun May 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Outside of SSGrade 2 and 3 and Brolly LSS, has there ever been an increase in muscle mass when transforming in Super Saiyan in either the manga or anime? Cause I have seen many fans claiming that SS transformation does that but I was never under that impression.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun May 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Outside of SSGrade 2 and 3 and Brolly LSS, has there ever been an increase in muscle mass when transforming in Super Saiyan in either the manga or anime? Cause I have seen many fans claiming that SS transformation does that but I was never under that impression.
Goku's definitely bulkier against Freeza when he first transforms but I don't think that was kept afterward. If it was, it got massively downplayed.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon May 22, 2017 9:20 pm

What is it that people have a problem with at the beginning of Goku vs. Zamasu in Episode 66. Goku goes to full power, attacks Zamasu, initially prevails, squeezes out a Kaioken to get away at the last moment, and is immediately useless due to having drained his stamina. It's as if people totally forget what happens after Goku goes full power, like it's just something that happens with no repercussions. Am I right in that assumption, or do people not like characters being able to squeeze out power at the cost of extreme stamina consumption? (Something that's always happened, by the way.) I just don't get it, the chain of events there is perfectly logical, but most people seem to think (or God forbid, pretend) that it isn't.
Retired.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon May 22, 2017 11:08 pm

The only problem that I have with this scene is that Vegeta trained in the RoSaT and surpassed Black (then people could pretty much assume he was stronger than Goku at that time too). Vegeta and Trunks combined Galick Gun proved to be not effective against Merged Zamasu, but then suddenly Goku has more power than both without using Kaioken yet to be able to push Merged Zamasu with his Super Kamehameha. Bullsh** that's what it is.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon May 22, 2017 11:10 pm

Noah wrote:The only problem that I have with this scene is that Vegeta trained in the RoSaT and surpassed Black (then people could pretty much assume he was stronger than Goku at that time too). Vegeta and Trunks combined Galick Gun proved to be not effective against Merged Zamasu, but then suddenly Goku has more power than both without using Kaioken yet to be able to push Merged Zamasu with his Super Kamehameha. Bullsh** that's what it is.
But Goku used all of his power at once, Trunks and Vegeta were still taking their longevity into account (That's the default assumption, anyway), so that part makes sense. You could argue that he should have used Kaioken earlier, but he only used it to begin with because it was the only way to escape Zamasu's grip, and after this series of events, he was so drained that he became useless. There's no logical incoherence there.
Retired.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue May 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Well... not that it's really worth mentioning, but I might as well go for it.

I signed up for this site one year ago today! The following day, one week after the official announcement of Xenoverse 2, I made my first post (which was, of course, in that game's thread). Thought I would do a throwback avatar as well - a re-cropped version of my first!

Thanks for the amazing first year, everyone.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Well... not that it's really worth mentioning, but I might as well go for it.

I signed up for this site one year ago today! The following day, one week after the official announcement of Xenoverse 2, I made my first post (which was, of course, in that game's thread). Thought I would do a throwback avatar as well - a re-cropped version of my first!

Thanks for the amazing first year, everyone.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Congratulations. Actually, it's probably coming up on one year since I've been an active member of the community, which is absolutely crazy to me. Both on Kanzenshuu and off, I've come across so many interesting people and perspectives, made some new friends and enemies, and I've been wrong and unnecessarily confrontational more times than I'd like to admit. Come to think of it, a lot has happened to me over the past year, including a massive shift in my personal philosophies, a brush with death, and I even thought I'd lost everything I owned at one point. All things considered, I think I've had an okay run, though. Most importantly, I'm far more self-aware and more likely to keep myself in check than ever before, so here's to another good year!
Retired.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue May 23, 2017 5:32 pm

A lot of people hate the English voice of Zamasu (James Marsters), and I can't blame them, his voice sounds too old and his voice acting sounds phoned in. But I thought to myself, "there are voice actors over at Funimation, or even people who don't work there, who could've easily been casted for this role besides this guy." Because let's be real here, they have a whole pool of voice actors, they could've chose anybody. So that's why I wanna ask you guys, who do you think could've been a better pick for English Dub Zamasu?
Caulifla best girl! :)

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue May 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:A lot of people hate the English voice of Zamasu (James Marsters), and I can't blame them, his voice sounds too old and his voice acting sounds phoned in. But I thought to myself, "there are voice actors over at Funimation, or even people who don't work there, who could've easily been casted for this role besides this guy." Because let's be real here, they have a whole pool of voice actors, they could've chose anybody. So that's why I wanna ask you guys, who do you think could've been a better pick for English Dub Zamasu?
Matthew Mercer, since he sometimes does Funimation dubs.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue May 23, 2017 6:13 pm

I just remembered something from even before I went to Middle School, I literally had everyone show more disgust at me than usual whenever I was doing anything related to Dragon Ball Z. Especially if I was taking notes to memorize later. It pretty much seemed like they all shared the same mindset as Zamasu. Did anyone else had this happen to them?