Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Forte224 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:06 pm

ABED wrote:
New headcanon: considering the contrast between the more 'heroic' Goku of the Namek arc, and the increasingly selfish and reckless Goku of the Cell arc and beyond (up to Super), I'm gonna say it isn't just coincidence that Goku's personality shifts a bit after the Super Saiyan transformation :P
He lets Vegeta go because he wants to fight him. Same with Piccolo. There was no shift in personality.
Yeah, and this is proven further when, as a Super Saiyan, he decides to stop fighting Freeza and let him go because there's no interest left in the fight. He knows he's won, he doesn't need to kill Freeza to prove that.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:51 am

I re-watched the OVA about Tarble, and I was wondering: Is he even canon anymore?? In BoG the Movie they mentioned him, but for some reason they didn't in Super. What's the deal with that?
Get Fucked, C_unt

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:47 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:I re-watched the OVA about Tarble, and I was wondering: Is he even canon anymore?? In BoG the Movie they mentioned him, but for some reason they didn't in Super. What's the deal with that?
He wasn't mentioned in Super? I'm pretty sure Tarble is canon. Toriyama wrote the special where he appeared. Kinda funny how Vegeta was willing to let the earth blow up because he didn't want to call up his brother, the only other living Saiyan besides Goku in the whole universe.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:54 am

For sure Tarble is canon since he was mentioned in BoG lol

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:40 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:For sure Tarble is canon since he was mentioned in BoG lol
He was mentioned in the movie, but not in the anime
Get Fucked, C_unt

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:15 pm

Both are canon lol

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:04 pm

Because having Bulma's birthday at Capsule Corp is the same as having it on a Cruise Ship :P
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:53 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:Both are canon lol
No as BoG (movie) is 5 years after the Boo arc while BoG (Super arc) is only 6 months, you cannot consider both.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:22 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
No as BoG (movie) is 5 years after the Boo arc while BoG (Super arc) is only 6 months, you cannot consider both.
I thought that Satan giving Goku the money was 6 months after Boo and then BoG was another time skip further than that

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:00 am

I just love how you put "lol" at the end of every post. Is this your trademark? Your signature? Anyway, no, you can't consider both of them canon.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:56 am

PFM18 wrote: I thought that Satan giving Goku the money was 6 months after Boo and then BoG was another time skip further than that
Nah, after Goku got the money he went straight to Kaio's planet, trained for like a couple hours, met Beerus and.....you know the rest.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:13 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:you can't consider both of them canon.
That's kind of the issue with Super lol
I mean you have the movies, the manga and the anime, all three of them being adaptations from Toriyama's notes lol

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:31 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:you can't consider both of them canon.
That's kind of the issue with Super lol
I mean you have the movies, the manga and the anime, all three of them being adaptations from Toriyama's notes lol
I agree with you there, it's kind of a mess
Get Fucked, C_unt

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:14 pm

It would have been cool if the U6 Saiyans, without Freeza's oppression, had evolved so much that they were born directly in Super Saiyan and could remain in that state without any kind of stamina or energy cost. Y'know, Cell Games style.

I think we can all agree it makes no sense that none of them are Super Saiyans, but I think them just knowing how to go SS1 normally would be too boring. So I think this would be a good spin on the concept.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Doctor. wrote:It would have been cool if the U6 Saiyans, without Freeza's oppression, had evolved so much that they were born directly in Super Saiyan and could remain in that state without any kind of stamina or energy cost. Y'know, Cell Games style.

I think we can all agree it makes no sense that none of them are Super Saiyans, but I think them just knowing how to go SS1 normally would be too boring. So I think this would be a good spin on the concept.
I think that's kinda what Trunks and Goten are, not exactly but similar.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:59 pm

If the Tournament of Power Took place on Earth, it would have destroyed the planet.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:52 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:If the Tournament of Power Took place on Earth, it would have destroyed the planet.
That's actually a cool alternative concept for the arc. Instead of the battle on a giant arena, have it as some sort of Hunger Games-style thing where the teams all have the run of a whole planet. Assuming everyone can fly and sense energy, you could have clashes happening all around instead of squeezing everything into one space.

Only question then is, as you said how do you stop them from destroying the planet and b) how do you handle eliminations.

CWCprime

Post by CWCprime » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Do the Funimation Dragon Ball Super Blu-rays have English text for the episode title cards and OPs/EDs, like they are broadcast on Toonami? I'm assuming there's only 1 video track, so they replaced the Japanese title cards and credits with the English ones. Unless perhaps there's a second track with the original title cards and credits that plays when selecting the Japanese audio track? I doubt it, though. Just want confirmation.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:16 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:I re-watched the OVA about Tarble, and I was wondering: Is he even canon anymore?? In BoG the Movie they mentioned him, but for some reason they didn't in Super. What's the deal with that?
I read a pretty interesting theory not sure if it was on kanzenshuu or some where else. So the way it goes is they to took Tarble and used him as the base for cabba so we probably never see tarble ever again. Wished I remembered who said it.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 am

Bruma rabu wrote:
I read a pretty interesting theory not sure if it was on kanzenshuu or some where else. So the way it goes is they to took Tarble and used him as the base for cabba so we probably never see tarble ever again. Wished I remembered who said it.
MasakoX said something of that nature.