Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallKing
Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:46 pm

Forte224 wrote:I'd like Funimation to go back and redub DB/Z/GT along with all the movies from DB Movie 1 to A Hero's Legacy in their current Kai/Super style voices and keep it accurate to the original Japanese script and of course the original Kikuchi score (hell, throw in the Faulconer placements too). Oh, and to dub all the specials, too, even the Bardock vs. Chilled one. Add a Japanese voice option in all these too of course.

Then I want them to release it all in one giant blu ray pack with each product in its proper aspect ratio and with a proper remaster process.

Is that so much to ask?
I thought you didn't care about dubs? :eh:
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:44 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
Forte224 wrote:I'd like Funimation to go back and redub DB/Z/GT along with all the movies from DB Movie 1 to A Hero's Legacy in their current Kai/Super style voices and keep it accurate to the original Japanese script and of course the original Kikuchi score (hell, throw in the Faulconer placements too). Oh, and to dub all the specials, too, even the Bardock vs. Chilled one. Add a Japanese voice option in all these too of course.

Then I want them to release it all in one giant blu ray pack with each product in its proper aspect ratio and with a proper remaster process.

Is that so much to ask?
But then I said I liked Kai because it's a good dub and it holds nostalgia for me so it's nice to finally see what I'm nostalgic for in a quality fashion. I would still prefer the Japanese version but I also want a good, accurate English version to exist even just to simply help people better understand the series. Just like I'm glad most dubs today are accurate so we're all essentially getting the same experience, even if I rarely ever want to watch them over the subbed version

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Forte224 wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:

Is that so much to ask?
But then I said I liked Kai because it's a good dub and it holds nostalgia for me so it's nice to finally see what I'm nostalgic for in a quality fashion. I would still prefer the Japanese version but I also want a good, accurate English version to exist even just to simply help people better understand the series. Just like I'm glad most dubs today are accurate so we're all essentially getting the same experience, even if I rarely ever want to watch them over the subbed version
To add to this, redubbing and rereleasing the old shows in a better format is an opportunity for better more accesible options for the fans of the Japanese version too, since those would be bound to have a JP track with subs as well. Regardless if you're a fan of the dub or if the dub itself isn't good (at least enough to satisfy fans of the original) it would still be a win-win situation.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:27 pm

Is there any streaming service that offers DBZ in dragon box quality? And if not then why the hell isn't there? :x

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:36 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:Is there any streaming service that offers DBZ in dragon box quality? And if not then why the hell isn't there? :x
You mean like...legal or illegal? Apparently Netflix in Japan airs Dragon Box quality footage but no subtitles of course. There was a...certain website that had the Dragon Box footage with subs but they replaced it with the blu ray footage and it remains that way to this day. Also the site is garbage and full of viruses anyway these days so whatever. Yeah it is sad though, I wish Funimation would put it up for streaming or something but that'll never happen

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 pm

Forte224 wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:Is there any streaming service that offers DBZ in dragon box quality? And if not then why the hell isn't there? :x
You mean like...legal or illegal? Apparently Netflix in Japan airs Dragon Box quality footage but no subtitles of course. There was a...certain website that had the Dragon Box footage with subs but they replaced it with the blu ray footage and it remains that way to this day. Also the site is garbage and full of viruses anyway these days so whatever. Yeah it is sad though, I wish Funimation would put it up for streaming or something but that'll never happen
If Funi has access to dragon box quality I don't understand why they wouldn't use the best available quality for their streaming service.

It's annoying because I want to watch the original Z series in Japanese but don't want to spend $900. I've also been spoiled by japanese clips in dragon box quality on youtube so I can't go back now. :cry:

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:09 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
Forte224 wrote:
If Funi has access to dragon box quality I don't understand why they wouldn't use the best available quality for their streaming service.

It's annoying because I want to watch the original Z series in Japanese but don't want to spend $900. I've also been spoiled by japanese clips in dragon box quality on youtube so I can't go back now. :cry:
If they allowed Dragon Box quality it might lessen the value of any future "limited release" and not as many will buy it, since it'll be available online later. That's silly though because the show in its proper aspect ratio shouldn't be a limited release. But whatever.

$900 is a little steep, I just got them for $670 and I see them on eBay for $700-$800 quite often. That's still a lot though.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:20 pm

It would be something if after the Battle Royale we return to Earth but something horrible happened

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Am i the only one that NEEDS a Zeno plushie?
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:20 pm

Does it bug anyone else when some people still call Goku Black "Black Goku"? Cause it bugs the hell outta me.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Does it bug anyone else when some people still call Goku Black "Black Goku"? Cause it bugs the hell outta me.
It bugs me too. It was okay at first when they first showed Black but now it's like, did you even pay attention for the past year?

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:09 pm

When the dub reaches Zeno in a couple weeks, what will they translate Zen-chan to? :think:

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:25 pm

I wonder how people discover things such as the supposed new movie domain being taken. Who was looking at domain names? Why? When?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:07 pm

If we take into account Super intends to be the continuation of the series, don't you guys think Zuno existence in Universe 7 bring some issues?

I mean a guy that everyone knows that knows everything and could awnser any question, okay. We also know Freeza ruled a lot of territories spread in the universe. So the rumour of someone like Zuno would reach him and I doubt he would not care.

But, that's not the only matter and yes that Zamasu took informations from Zuno using brute force, something that Freeza could also do, but didn't.

Could we say it's bad writing?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Noah wrote:If we take into account Super intends to be the continuation of the series, don't you guys think Zuno existence in Universe 7 bring some issues?

I mean a guy that everyone knows that knows everything and could awnser any question, okay. We also know Freeza ruled a lot of territories spread in the universe. So the rumour of someone like Zuno would reach him and I doubt he would not care.

But, that's not the only matter and yes that Zamasu took informations from Zuno using brute force, something that Freeza could also do, but didn't.

Could we say it's bad writing?
I don't know. Was it mentioned everyone knows Zuno? I can't remember. I would understand gods being aware of his existence due to his impressive knowledge on the history of the universe and its "lore" which could be useful for someone like Shin who needs to study :lol: but otherwise the original story works fine with or without him. When you put it that way with the territories and rumors then you would have to question why Freeza didn't go to Namek sooner for the dragon balls, couldn't there be rumors of them on other planets? Its weird when I think about it now that Nappa and Vegeta knew about Namekians but not the dragon balls? I suppose they were a well kept secret.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:35 am

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:57 pm

How are the people who insist on writing "Cauli" without the "fla" going to handle the spelling of Kafla's name, considering that the only part of Caulifla's name that goes into the combination is the "fla"?
it's only a joke don't take it too seriously
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:05 pm

I'm the only one who think it's ODD that nobody, I mean NOBODY ever addressed the 'young' Pilaf Gang as the guys who tried to harm Goku, Bulma and the others in the past? I mean not even themselves associate that current Goku is the same little kid that messed up with their plans, why?

Also back in episode 61 it was cringe that Bulma could not associate that Future Mai, the girl that supposedly is having an affair with Trunks is the same woman part of the same gang that tried to torture her once? That she actually should be older as her in the future? I mean what the f***?

What was the point of bringing them back anyway? Just for stupid gags? There are little to no throwbacks to their acts in the past, it feels pointless.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:32 am

So the Funimation dub supposedly does a thing where they differentiate Gogeta from Vegito by which voice is dominant. So Gogeta is Schemmel reading the lines and Sabat copying his delivery, while Vegito is Sabat reading and Schemmel copying. Is that unique to them, or do other dubs do it as well? Does the Japanese version do it?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:54 am

Noah wrote:I'm the only one who think it's ODD that nobody, I mean NOBODY ever addressed the 'young' Pilaf Gang as the guys who tried to harm Goku, Bulma and the others in the past? I mean not even themselves associate that current Goku is the same little kid that messed up with their plans, why?

Also back in episode 61 it was cringe that Bulma could not associate that Future Mai, the girl that supposedly is having an affair with Trunks is the same woman part of the same gang that tried to torture her once? That she actually should be older as her in the future? I mean what the f***?

What was the point of bringing them back anyway? Just for stupid gags? There are little to no throwbacks to their acts in the past, it feels pointless.
Exactly. They could have changed Future Mai's name and pretty much nothing would change.