Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Wouldn't be hilarious if Ribrianne ended up winning the tournament and by wishing to be a goddess loved by every universe, she actually ended up bringing everyone back? . Then she would be loved by every single mortal except for Jiren because fuck personalities, so she spends her whole existence trying to make Jiren react to something (but failing).
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:29 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:
I really want to see Patrick Seitz in something Dragon Ball and think he would have been a great recoome, but it looks like their saving him for Toppo or even Jiren when the dub reaches that point.

Who do you think would make a good English Caulifla?
I think that role is dead set for Marchi. Really can't see anyone else voicing her.

Speaking of Seitz, I'd think he'd be good for Jiren. I think Toppo is made for Sabat. But man when they come to dub the current arc I am sure everyone at FUNi would definitely have been in DB in then by some form, Sabat has a huge job on his hands there!
Don't they share actors with Sentai Filmworks or something.
Yeah, from what I gather dub actors aren't like actual employee's at FUNi/Sentai (in sense they're tied with them and no one else) and they're allowed to work with other companies.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Now, nobody seem to mention that they would recast, Future Trunks, and Fat Buu, whereas I certainly would! But I don't know who would play them. I mean, my ideal voice for Trunks would be Yuri Lowenthal, but he doesn't work at Funimation. And he really doesn't do a lot of anime roles anymore, besides reprising his role as Sasuke. And Fat Buu is even harder. So who would you guys cast as Future Trunks, and Fat Buu? And explain your reasons why. And it has to be someone who works at Funimation.
Caulifla best girl! :)

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Now, nobody seem to mention that they would recast, Future Trunks, and Fat Buu, whereas I certainly would! But I don't know who would play them. I mean, my ideal voice for Trunks would be Yuri Lowenthal, but he doesn't work at Funimation. And he really doesn't do a lot of anime roles anymore, besides reprising his role as Sasuke. And Fat Buu is even harder. So who would you guys cast as Future Trunks, and Fat Buu? And explain your reasons why. And it has to be someone who works at Funimation.
I can't think of anyone at Funimation who could do a good voice for Fat Buu. I wish Funimation could get Frank Welker to voice him, but he's too expensive and plus, he's union.

When it comes to Future Trunks, well, I don't think Vale needs to be recasted. All that he needs to be a great Trunks is to combine his acting from Kai with his voice from Z, and there you go.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 pm

After reading the recent GT producer interviews, I want me some dirt on Super asap.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:51 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:After reading the recent GT producer interviews, I want me some dirt on Super asap.
Well... you may be in luck, my friend. :P

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:57 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Now, nobody seem to mention that they would recast, Future Trunks, and Fat Buu, whereas I certainly would! But I don't know who would play them. I mean, my ideal voice for Trunks would be Yuri Lowenthal, but he doesn't work at Funimation. And he really doesn't do a lot of anime roles anymore, besides reprising his role as Sasuke. And Fat Buu is even harder. So who would you guys cast as Future Trunks, and Fat Buu? And explain your reasons why. And it has to be someone who works at Funimation.
I can't think of anyone at Funimation who could do a good voice for Fat Buu. I wish Funimation could get Frank Welker to voice him, but he's too expensive and plus, he's union.

When it comes to Future Trunks, well, I don't think Vale needs to be recasted. All that he needs to be a great Trunks is to combine his acting from Kai with his voice from Z, and there you go.
I really don't understand the Kai Trunks issues. He's more raspy but I think it sounds fine. He takes it too far in Xenoverse but otherwise I think he sounds good

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:After reading the recent GT producer interviews, I want me some dirt on Super asap.
Nah man, I want some dirt post series. I want the first series director come on board from his coke binge, smoking like a chimney and regaling us the one time Toriyama jumped onto a table and said "TITS AND ASS! THATS WHAT OUR READERS WANT!". I might have gone overboard with that but fuck it, you get what I mean.

Hell, just seeing some poor bastard try and explain the various power-related stuff alone would be the apex of black comedy.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:15 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Nah man, I want some dirt post series. I want the first series director come on board from his coke binge, smoking like a chimney and regaling us the one time Toriyama jumped onto a table and said "TITS AND ASS! THATS WHAT OUR READERS WANT!". I might have gone overboard with that but fuck it, you get what I mean.

Hell, just seeing some poor bastard try and explain the various power-related stuff alone would be the apex of black comedy.
So you wanna see full blown Paul Heyman/Bret Hart/Jim Cornette-esque shoot interview from one of the series directors on what the fuck happened with Super in the first few dozen episodes? Well... I don't blame you for wanting that. Because that would be one hell of an entertaining trainwreck to dissect.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

So you wanna see full blown Paul Heyman/Bret Hart/Jim Cornette-esque shoot interview from one of the series directors on what the fuck happened with Super in the first few dozen episodes? Well... I don't blame you for wanting that. Because that would be one hell of an entertaining trainwreck to dissect.
I want that smashed together with Marvel the Untold Story. Super's behind the scenes stuff is too fascinating even from the vague shit we already know to not be a magnificent beast if all the dirt of it could get dug up.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:06 pm

Last question, do you guys feel that Sabat's Yamcha voice is more suitable for Vegetto? I think it is because it sounds like him doing a Goku impression, just with a cocky attitude. Similar to Brian Drummond's interpretation of Vegetto.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:22 pm

I'm the only one who thinks this whole master and student bond between Vegeta and Cabba is nice, but kinda forced? They only fought once and Vegeta never trained him for F's sake.

Forte224 wrote:
Noah wrote:I don't think so, this is not the 90's anymore. People can watch the episodes dubbed or subbed anytime they like in the internet.
You actually can't watch it dubbed online legally. Well, you can through Adult Swim's streaming but you can't access that unless you already have a cable package that includes Adult Swim. Same with all of Kai
You know I meant ilegally right? My previous post was me saying that anyone could find a site where they could watch the episodes dubbed or subbed in the internet.
What did they said?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:59 pm

Nobody answered my question.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:00 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Last question, do you guys feel that Sabat's Yamcha voice is more suitable for Vegetto? I think it is because it sounds like him doing a Goku impression, just with a cocky attitude. Similar to Brian Drummond's interpretation of Vegetto.
Nope. Sabat's Yamcha voice is a bit too deep for that.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 am

Saiyan Beyond God, a video game mechanic, constantly being inserted into Super related discussion. Literally, nobody else ever does it for anything else. Nobody calls SS2 SS Rage or Ikari or Anger because it's called that in Legacy of Goku 2 nor does anyone think Vegeta has SS3 just because several video games give it to him.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Last question, do you guys feel that Sabat's Yamcha voice is more suitable for Vegetto? I think it is because it sounds like him doing a Goku impression, just with a cocky attitude. Similar to Brian Drummond's interpretation of Vegetto.
Nah,i just like sean and sabat talking at the same time rather than having 1 guy,it make them unique lastly sabat yamcha just don't suit vegetto
Mostly active on discord.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:53 pm

The gr wrote:
Nah,i just like sean and sabat talking at the same time rather than having 1 guy,it make them unique lastly sabat yamcha just don't suit vegetto
How does it make them unique, when we've seen fusions with duel voices before? And why doesn't it suit him?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:56 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: How does it make them unique, when we've seen fusions with duel voices before? And why doesn't it suit him?
I just like how vegetto sound in the english dub and he and gotenks with duel voice meanwhile most of the character are voiced by 1 guy,thats what i meant for unique.
    I just don't see yamcha voice with vegetto line,he sound a bit too deep like 8000 saiyan mentioned.
    Mostly active on discord.

The S
    I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:39 am

DragonBallKing wrote:
    Dragon Ball Gus wrote:If you were in charge of Funimation what characters would you have recasted in Dragon Ball Z Kai, and onwards? And who would voice them, and why?
    I really want to see Patrick Seitz in something Dragon Ball
    Does a create-a-character option in Xenoverse 1 and 2 count?

I wouldn't count it, because I feel like all of the CAC voices are hot garbage, but it's a thing that happened.
    Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Forte224
    Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:41 pm

I'd like Funimation to go back and redub DB/Z/GT along with all the movies from DB Movie 1 to A Hero's Legacy in their current Kai/Super style voices and keep it accurate to the original Japanese script and of course the original Kikuchi score (hell, throw in the Faulconer placements too). Oh, and to dub all the specials, too, even the Bardock vs. Chilled one. Add a Japanese voice option in all these too of course.

Then I want them to release it all in one giant blu ray pack with each product in its proper aspect ratio and with a proper remaster process.

Is that so much to ask?