Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:17 pm

Noah wrote:The most controversial topics to discuss in DB fanbase in general:

- The strongest Majin Boo
It's Super Buu with Gohan absorbed. There's nothing controversial about it.
Noah wrote:- The strongest earthling
It's (will be) Uub. There's nothing controversial about it.
Noah wrote:- The strongest in the Boo Arc
It's Vegetto. There's nothing controversial about it (unless if you count movies that take place in Buu saga).
Noah wrote:- Was Gohan a SSJ2 against Dabura?
No. GreatSaiyaman123 made a great post about it. I forgot that Gohan himself admitted he wasn't at his full power later on.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:40 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Noah wrote:The most controversial topics to discuss in DB fanbase in general:

- The strongest Majin Boo
It's Super Buu with Gohan absorbed. There's nothing controversial about it.
Oh how not true this is, it's actually a fairly feverish debate in the fandom a lot of which is contributed by people watching the anime and not reading the manga. In the manga, Boohan is clearly the strongest and it never says anything to the contrary. In the anime, both Goku and the narrator both, at multiple points, cite Kid Boo as the de facto most powerful version of Boo that's ever existed to make Goku's fight with him more exciting (which doesn't make sense as the anime keeps him being pants-shittingly afraid of fighting REGULAR Super Boo in an earlier episode).
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:44 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Noah wrote:- Was Gohan a SSJ2 against Dabura?
No. GreatSaiyaman123 made a great post about it. I forgot that Gohan himself admitted he wasn't at his full power later on.
Gohan was a Ssj2. I actually argued him later on. You can check it out. Gohan stating he wasn't at full power was him referencing his power against Cell not Buu Saga
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:50 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Noah wrote:- The strongest earthling
It's (will be) Uub. There's nothing controversial about it.
I think the Tournament of Power reignited this controversy by having Kuririn and Tenshihan fighting opponents that can seemly match God Ki Goku.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:04 pm

Grimlock wrote:
We argued it more than one time, and Here's me replying it the first time, then here is The second time, here is the third time, and Here's the last reply for now

Hopefully I didn't miss anything
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:16 pm

How does Yamcha manage to eat the Senzu they give him after Gero puts a hole in his chest? It's right in the middle of his torso meaning swallowing it down wouldn't have it end up at his stomach but probably just get flushed out his massive wound.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:30 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Oh how not true this is, it's actually a fairly feverish debate in the fandom a lot of which is contributed by people watching the anime and not reading the manga. In the manga, Boohan is clearly the strongest and it never says anything to the contrary. In the anime, both Goku and the narrator both, at multiple points, cite Kid Boo as the de facto most powerful version of Boo that's ever existed to make Goku's fight with him more exciting (which doesn't make sense as the anime keeps him being pants-shittingly afraid of fighting REGULAR Super Boo in an earlier episode).
I'm aware that the anime continuity blatantly says Buu is the strongest, but there's no point in discussing if logical sense, reasonable thought, and some facts from the manga states something else entirely. If people like to waste time when facts are out there, then it is their problem, because clearly this subject shouldn't create any kind of feverish debate.
DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:Gohan was a Ssj2. I actually argued him later on. You can check it out. Gohan stating he wasn't at full power was him referencing his power against Cell not Buu Saga
Gotta have to check the manga myself then, although I've lost the only source to the manga I had. Anyways, there's not really anything besides the bang that makes Gohan a Super Saiyan 2 in his battle against Dabura.
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:I think the Tournament of Power reignited this controversy by having Kuririn and Tenshihan fighting opponents that can seemly match God Ki Goku.
Nothing that a finished training with Goku wouldn't make Uub also able to defeat those that Kuririn and Tenshinhan defeated. There's no denying that Uub is far stronger than any human from Earth (obviously because he inherited Buu's power, but that doesn't mean he's not an earthling).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:34 pm

Grimlock wrote:Gotta have to check the manga myself then, although I've lost the only source to the manga I had
You can read it here:

<Link to pirated manga archive removed by moderator>
Grimlock wrote:Anyways, there's not really anything besides the bang that makes Gohan a Super Saiyan 2 in his battle against Dabura.
That's only artwork-wise. Most evidences suggest otherwise

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:44 pm

Grimlock wrote:I'm aware that the anime continuity blatantly says Buu is the strongest, but there's no point in discussing if logical sense, reasonable thought, and some facts from the manga states something else entirely. If people like to waste time when facts are out there, then it is their problem, because clearly this subject shouldn't create any kind of feverish debate.
Oh believe me, if only the manga could put a stop to it but it doesn't, especially with people who view the anime as "higher canon". Whatever that means.
DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:Gohan was a Ssj2. I actually argued him later on. You can check it out. Gohan stating he wasn't at full power was him referencing his power against Cell not Buu Saga
Gotta have to check the manga myself then, although I've lost the only source to the manga I had. Anyways, there's not really anything besides the bang that makes Gohan a Super Saiyan 2 in his battle against Dabura.[/quote]
Right you are, he has no SS2 traits besides the bang in the manga.

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:12 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
All evidences suggest he's a Ssj2 except for a single evidence, which is artwork even though it's easily arguable

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:36 am

:sick:
DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
All evidences suggest he's a Ssj2 except for a single evidence, which is artwork even though it's easily arguable
Whats the other evidence?

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:05 am

ekrolo2 wrote::sick:
DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Whats the other evidence?
Read my Disscussion with GreatSaiyaman123 which I linked you. I'll be also doing a thread about it to expand on it

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:21 am

How does Yamcha manage to eat the Senzu they give him after Gero puts a hole in his chest? It's right in the middle of his torso meaning swallowing it down wouldn't have it end up at his stomach but probably just get flushed out his massive wound.
I guess enough "Senzu bean stuff" absorbs through the mucous membranes of the mouth to heal the esophagus so it can travel the rest of the way down, healing the rest as it goes.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 am

Who else thinks that Masako Nozawa would've been the perfect Japanese voice for SpongeBob? I mean, come on, she sounds exactly like SpongeBob. How can you make a Japanese dub for SpongeBob, and not cast this lady?
Caulifla best girl! :)

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:42 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Who else thinks that Masako Nozawa would've been the perfect Japanese voice for SpongeBob? I mean, come on, she sounds exactly like SpongeBob. How can you make a Japanese dub for SpongeBob, and not cast this lady?
Cannot unhear now. Thank you for that mental... image? Voice...? Mental thing.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Who else thinks that Masako Nozawa would've been the perfect Japanese voice for SpongeBob? I mean, come on, she sounds exactly like SpongeBob. How can you make a Japanese dub for SpongeBob, and not cast this lady?
Erm... No, but it's funny because here the brazillian Goku's VA also dubs SpongeBoB lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:21 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Erm... No, but it's funny because here the brazillian Goku's VA also dubs SpongeBoB lol
Also in Italy where Goku's new VA happens to voice SpongeBob too.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:42 am

I find Toriyama's insistence to use Yamcha as the necessary sacrificial lamb to show off how dangerous someone is as kind of flawed, shouldn't Yamcha have to win at stuff so when someone beats him in turn, the desired effect is achieved. It doesn't really work if Yamcha's just getting his ass kicked all the time.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:03 am

17 is the best addition to U7's team, not Freeza, not Goku (even with Ultra Instinct) not fucking stupid Vegeta (ok i'm done with this after this post) and not even Gohan.

I can't believe how much i ended up liking this character when i gave 0 shits about him before.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Are Evil Buu's eyes just black or are they supposed to be holes with free-floating red irises?