Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Ssjcell wrote:If you go by the filler Buu isn't a demon Kuririn yamcha training in other world for example
I almost want to just so Yamcha is stronger than Cell.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:22 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Ssjcell wrote:If you go by the filler Buu isn't a demon Kuririn yamcha training in other world for example
I almost want to just so Yamcha is stronger than Cell.
Me too man me too , the filler isn't bad in a lot of spots in retrospect when you think about the Ginyu filler it makes sense that they are all Superior when you consider piccolo's power level on namek. Chaotzu just needs to be stronger than guildo garlic saga isn't bad either . The only filler I really don't like is Gohan being weaker than coolers henchmen which can make sense if they all have power levels of 900000 or more. I know it's a movie but it bothers me...

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 am

So if each planet has its own Heaven and Hell, does every planet use the same standards for deciding who goes where? Take Planet Vegeta for example. If Planet Vegeta used Earth's standards, their Hell would be pretty full. Maybe the Heaven of the Saiyans home planet is like Sovenguard from The Elder Scrolls, where dying bravely in battle is the qualifier. (Yes, I'm aware that Planet Vegeta wasn't originally the Saiyans'.)

Also, what happens if someone does in space? Is there a general space afterlife, or does it go by which planet one touched last? Can one request to be transferred to a different planet's afterlife if they die on an alien planet?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:30 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:So if each planet has its own Heaven and Hell, does every planet use the same standards for deciding who goes where? Take Planet Vegeta for example. If Planet Vegeta used Earth's standards, their Hell would be pretty full. Maybe the Heaven of the Saiyans home planet is like Sovenguard from The Elder Scrolls, where dying bravely in battle is the qualifier. (Yes, I'm aware that Planet Vegeta wasn't originally the Saiyans'.)

Also, what happens if someone does in space? Is there a general space afterlife, or does it go by which planet one touched last? Can one request to be transferred to a different planet's afterlife if they die on an alien planet?
There is no heaven or hell for every planet, Freeza's just being a moron.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:So if each planet has its own Heaven and Hell, does every planet use the same standards for deciding who goes where? Take Planet Vegeta for example. If Planet Vegeta used Earth's standards, their Hell would be pretty full. Maybe the Heaven of the Saiyans home planet is like Sovenguard from The Elder Scrolls, where dying bravely in battle is the qualifier. (Yes, I'm aware that Planet Vegeta wasn't originally the Saiyans'.)

I don't know about that. King Yemma seems to get pretty stressed out when massacres happen on Earth. If he was responsible for managing the dead souls of the whole universe, a dead planet would be like a drop in a bucket. Everything in current canon (which excludes filler content not found in the manga, such as the entire Otherworld Tournament arc) points to Frieza's description of "Earth's Hell" being accurate. It just leaves a lot of room for interpretation, and brings up a lot of questions that will likely never be addressed because this is Dragon Ball.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:27 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

I don't know about that. King Yemma seems to get pretty stressed out when massacres happen on Earth. If he was responsible for managing the dead souls of the whole universe, a dead planet would be like a drop in a bucket. Everything in current canon (which excludes filler content not found in the manga, such as the entire Otherworld Tournament arc) points to Frieza's description of "Earth's Hell" being accurate. It just leaves a lot of room for interpretation, and brings up a lot of questions that will likely never be addressed because this is Dragon Ball.
Yemma is the one who reincarnates Boo into Oob and he dies over on the Kaioshin homeworld, he's responsible for all souls across U7, Freeza is just a fucking idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:28 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Yemma is the one who reincarnates Boo into Oob and he dies over on the Kaioshin homeworld, he's responsible for all souls across U7, Freeza is just a fucking idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.
I guess that is a bit of a plot hole. Not that plot holes are rare in the series. I doubt that Frieza just made the whole "Earth's Hell" thing up, though. It's probably just a detail that Toriyama introduced in RoF that conflicted with previous canon. Captain Ginyu's return makes even less sense, considering the entire planet got blown up, and Shenron wished back all the Earthlings except for the "bad ones." So even if Ginyu had made it to Earth and survived for all of that time, he should have died and remained dead after Buu blew up the whole planet.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:47 pm

You think a dead planet would be a drop in the bucket? Even if you consider the size of DB's universe, the death of a single planet's population all at the same time would be noteworthy for even an immortal judge in the afterlife.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:55 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Yemma is the one who reincarnates Boo into Oob and he dies over on the Kaioshin homeworld, he's responsible for all souls across U7, Freeza is just a fucking idiot who has no idea what he's talking about.
I guess that is a bit of a plot hole. Not that plot holes are rare in the series. I doubt that Frieza just made the whole "Earth's Hell" thing up, though. It's probably just a detail that Toriyama introduced in RoF that conflicted with previous canon. Captain Ginyu's return makes even less sense, considering the entire planet got blown up, and Shenron wished back all the Earthlings except for the "bad ones." So even if Ginyu had made it to Earth and survived for all of that time, he should have died and remained dead after Buu blew up the whole planet.
I still think you're reaching just to make sense of something not to be taken seriously. Freeza has never experienced the afterlife before, he has no concept of it and even less understanding of its mechanics, he's not to be taken seriously about this.

Nevermind the fact Kami even days everyone goes to Yemma when they die, everyone.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:45 am

Just to point out, Yemna being overworked by one planet being fucked despite dealing with the whole universe isn't inconsistent if you consider the fact there are only 26 planets or whatever.

Yeah the limited planets thing is dumb but it's canon...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:12 am

Can Saiyans get haircuts? Will the hair grow back?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:14 am

Ssjcell wrote:Can Saiyans get haircuts? Will the hair grow back?

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:16 am

MasenkoHA wrote:

Come on man that's gt lol

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:36 am

Ssjcell wrote:
MasenkoHA wrote:

Come on man that's gt lol
It was after Vegeta explained how Saiyan hair worked in Z, though. I think it's reasonable to think that Saiyan hair can be cut, and it does grow back. It just has a maximum length it will stop growing at. Essentially, Saiyans can save a lot of money at the barber.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Has yamcha slept with bulma (were all adults here) I would say yes first evidence of this is when yamcha comes back from pre-21st world martial arts tournament training bulma says your gonna make it up to me and your gonna like it.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm the only who as kid started to like eating fruits because of Tulece?

The sound was just too cool! :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Ssjcell wrote:Has yamcha slept with bulma (were all adults here) I would say yes first evidence of this is when yamcha comes back from pre-21st world martial arts tournament training bulma says your gonna make it up to me and your gonna like it.
Bulma was okay with showing an old man her panties to get a gift

Of course they did

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:56 am

You know how everyone complains about the whole "Who shot first?" thing from Star Wars and how it apparently ruins Han, how and why does no one talk about how the Kanzenban ending of the manga actually does that to Vegeta?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:29 am

ekrolo2 wrote:You know how everyone complains about the whole "Who shot first?" thing from Star Wars and how it apparently ruins Han, how and why does no one talk about how the Kanzenban ending of the manga actually does that to Vegeta?
Why, thanks for reading my posts :wink:

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Tournament of Power

Like a spinning top of which the arena is shaped lool