Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:44 pm

dbs fanboy wrote:So, apparently Hail Zeon blocked me just because once i told him that it would be a bit hypocrital to complain about the fans of castlevania not being real fans just because they disliked something that he absolutely loves and thinks is a masterpiece, when he did the same with BoG movie and arguably with super (thought i doubt anybody actually sees super as a really great show or a masterpiece).

LooooooL :lol:
It's one of those when people like to trash things all the time but when someome trashes something they think is beloved they can't handle it. I don't really know much about this person but heard they're infamous for "rants", as soon as anyone uses "not a real fan" during an argument it's just as eyeroll.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:55 pm

I always though Merged Zamasu was a bit of waste of character, I know it was inevitable for both Black and Zamasu fuse eventually, but I would prefer they to be defeated as individuals. I would like to see more of Rosé Black using his scythe and that weird vortex thing that came after.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:17 pm

So, Ultra Instinct's original design had some Kaio-Ken like qualities about it, it makes me wonder if they might still go that direction or if that really was just them not being aware of the final design yet. They don't usually use incomplete stuff for promotional stuff but then again, this is the first true new form Goku's gotten in Super that isn't from a movie or just the same form with an old move stacked on top of it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:21 am

I would have liked Black to be a separate character from Zamasu. Two Zamasus felt too redundant...at least for me. I wish he could have been an evil Goku from another timeline or created by Super Shenron.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:51 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:So, Ultra Instinct's original design had some Kaio-Ken like qualities about it, it makes me wonder if they might still go that direction or if that really was just them not being aware of the final design yet. They don't usually use incomplete stuff for promotional stuff but then again, this is the first true new form Goku's gotten in Super that isn't from a movie or just the same form with an old move stacked on top of it.
By original design are you talking about back visual or front visual? If the latter then in fact the original front visual that was shown in Vjump had no red aura.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:So, Ultra Instinct's original design had some Kaio-Ken like qualities about it, it makes me wonder if they might still go that direction or if that really was just them not being aware of the final design yet. They don't usually use incomplete stuff for promotional stuff but then again, this is the first true new form Goku's gotten in Super that isn't from a movie or just the same form with an old move stacked on top of it.
By original design are you talking about back visual or front visual? If the latter then in fact the original front visual that was shown in Vjump had no red aura.
The preview YT thing gave him the KK aura stacked on the regular one.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:05 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
The preview YT thing gave him the KK aura stacked on the regular one.
That came after the vjump reveal so maybe it's just Toei adding a random effect? Then again the back visual has red aura and the OP has a massive amount of red, considering Goku was equal to Jiren in UI, maybe stacking KK on UI is what gives him the advantage?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:36 am

I've been rewatching episode 78 of Z, and I forgot that Banjo Ginga was so much more imposing as King Vegeta than Masaharu Sato.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:56 am

Real talk i often forget Dragon Ball exists, and wouldn't even be a fan still if it wasn't for this site, lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:15 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:I've been rewatching episode 78 of Z, and I forgot that Banjo Ginga was so much more imposing as King Vegeta than Masaharu Sato.
Makes me kinda wish Akira Kamiya voiced Bardock instead of Nozawa so we could have Kenshiro and Souther as the fathers of Goku and Vegeta.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:17 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:Real talk i often forget Dragon Ball exists, and wouldn't even be a fan still if it wasn't for this site, lol.
You don't have anyone in real life to talk DB with?

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:49 am

Apparently HalusaTwin used my art in his Katopesla theme video! (Compare to my current avatar.) I don't know how he got a hold of the old version of the drawing (I changed the hairstyle later on), but that's beside the point. And it's been uploaded for over a month but I never knew!
Definitely not a thread-worthy discussion, or a discussion at all honestly, I'm just torn between pride and disbelief and I felt the need to share.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:17 am

Alruneia wrote:Apparently HalusaTwin used my art in his Katopesla theme video! (Compare to my current avatar.) I don't know how he got a hold of the old version of the drawing (I changed the hairstyle later on), but that's beside the point. And it's been uploaded for over a month but I never knew!
Definitely not a thread-worthy discussion, or a discussion at all honestly, I'm just torn between pride and disbelief and I felt the need to share.
What does this have to do with Thanksgiving?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:41 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Alruneia wrote:Apparently HalusaTwin used my art in his Katopesla theme video! (Compare to my current avatar.) I don't know how he got a hold of the old version of the drawing (I changed the hairstyle later on), but that's beside the point. And it's been uploaded for over a month but I never knew!
What does this have to do with Thanksgiving?
What does Thanksgiving have to do with this thread? :wtf:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:55 pm

I was wondering does anyone know of a good DBZ style avatar/character creator online or app? There used to be a Kirin Beverage thing, but I can't find anything as legit

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:10 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:I've been rewatching episode 78 of Z, and I forgot that Banjo Ginga was so much more imposing as King Vegeta than Masaharu Sato.
Makes me kinda wish Akira Kamiya voiced Bardock instead of Nozawa so we could have Kenshiro and Souther as the fathers of Goku and Vegeta.
She still did a good job IMO.

Kamiya as Bardock just makes me want to hear Bardock scream ATATATATATA repeatedly.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:18 am

Saiyans should be canonically omnivores, while the Tsufurians should not be called Tsufurians and instead some name that is a pun on meat, then they could be vegan, ironically being in a war against a group of people, whose name pun comes from vegetables and of course eventually losing to the savage meateaters.

Post by AvatarMew » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Why doesn't Toriyama reread the manga if he's forgotten things?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:42 pm

AvatarMew wrote:Why doesn't Toriyama reread the manga if he's forgotten things?
Probably because he's lazy, but also Toyotaro should check the original manga more often.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:21 am

Why exactly did Toei think making Blue a pedo instead of just gay was an improvement? :lol: