Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:46 pm

I think it's quite interesting we never see a Great Ape get defeated in combat. Sure, the moon gets destroyed or the tail gets cut off, but never is a transformed saiyan actually knocked out.

Puar cuts Goku's tail;
Kame-Sennin breaks the moon;
Vegeta gets pretty beaten up, but it's still getting the tail cut that does him in;
Gohan reverts back after the fake moon vanishes (basically same thing in the Tullece movie);
Bardock's crew turn back after defeating everybody;
GT Goku and Vegeta gain control of the form and turn Super Saiyan 4;

This must be the transformation with the best track record in the series. I don't think there's any other that never loses, except maybe Freeza's third form (though unlike the Oozaru which is always the strongest thing on the field, I think post zenkai Vegeta could take Freeza on and that's why he transformed further).
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:46 pm

I miss the fact that this OST hasn't played since the future Trunks arc ended. That was over 30 episodes ago.
Draconic wrote:I think it's quite interesting we never see a Great Ape get defeated in combat. Sure, the moon gets destroyed or the tail gets cut off, but never is a transformed saiyan actually knocked out.
Baby should count as a loss.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:17 pm

It's amazing that Bulma can communicate with anyone on Earth in real time. Hell, even a slight delay is impressive considering it took her ship several weeks and Goku's ship 6 days to get to Namek.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Doctor. wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FATpqkp0rA

Nozawa voices Goku in a drastically different tone here than she does in Super. To those who say Goku isn't more childish in Super, this should hopefully prove you wrong. Be it because Nozawa has gotten worse, or it's a conscious decision on her part or on the director's part, Goku's tone now is much more enthusiastic and childish than back in the Boo and Cell arcs.
I appreciate when Goku sounds like he does in the video you listed, but I couldn't note how he sounded more like Gohan though.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Considering Freeza said he made forms up himself how come Frost has the exact same one's? Like that some massive coincidence, missed opportunity to get some different looking forms for Frost tbh.
I think the same about Saiyans from Universe 6, why not an exclusive transformation for them? It would avoid problems like people thinking how easy was for only three of them to go SSJ in a race that was not extint like their counterparts from Universe 7 and had a rotine of battles as well.
Doctor. wrote:I miss the fact that this OST hasn't played since the future Trunks arc ended. That was over 30 episodes ago.
Personally I don't think of any scene that came in episodes after the Future Trunks arc that this track could be played, I mean even in this survival tournament, the tone is still somewhat playful.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Something I always found ridiculous is how strong Piccolo got during his training on King Kai's planet.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Noah wrote: I think the same about Saiyans from Universe 6, why not an exclusive transformation for them? It would avoid problems like people thinking how easy was for only three of them to go SSJ in a race that was not extint like their counterparts from Universe 7 and had a rotine of battles as well.
Which is precisely why I'm not too miffed about Kale in her non berserk form as it just seems to be treated as SS. Heck even the whole berserk thing I can let slide. Of course Toei's handling of it is what is questionable but on paper I'm fine with it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:28 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:Something I always found ridiculous is how strong Piccolo got during his training on King Kai's planet.
Every power-up Piccolo get is kinda ridiculous.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:Something I always found ridiculous is how strong Piccolo got during his training on King Kai's planet.
Not true! Piccolo's 5 year gap power up was fine! ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:41 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Piccolo jumping from sub-SS1 to SS2 in Super actually feels tame compared to his other power-ups in the series (well, mostly just because SS2 is irrelevant at this point and other characters were getting even crazier boosts at the time).

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:49 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Every power-up Piccolo get is kinda ridiculous.
Piccolo jumping from sub-SS1 to SS2 in Super actually feels tame compared to his other power-ups in the series (well, mostly just because SS2 is irrelevant at this point and other characters were getting even crazier boosts at the time).
It is pretty tame to his Android arc boost where he goes from weaker then Base Saiyan's to rivaling Super Saiyan's. Of course, in Toriyama's eyes SS1 isn't anything close to a fifty times boost but using the guide multipliers that's absolutely insane.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:07 pm

Is there anything in universe that supports the idea of the ROSATs time being adaptable? Like instead of 1 day being a year, a day can be 5 years?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:18 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Is there anything in universe that supports the idea of the ROSATs time being adaptable? Like instead of 1 day being a year, a day can be 5 years?
What do you mean?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Noah wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Is there anything in universe that supports the idea of the ROSATs time being adaptable? Like instead of 1 day being a year, a day can be 5 years?
What do you mean?
I mean, can Dende mess around with the settings to have 1 day be worth 5 years? He's capable of removing the two-day limit so that implies that the ROSAT can get tweaked.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:17 pm

I've lost the will to discuss current goings of Super, it's gotten to the point where analysising/discussing a show that deep just isn't worth it. With other shows I watch and move on barely discussing yet alone trying to analyse every tiny bit of info but with DB it's different. Why? I don't know plus the sub forum can feel ike a war zone at times too.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:20 pm

So, why doesn't Black ever make Rose KK a thing?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:27 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:So, why doesn't Black ever make Rose KK a thing?
Probably skipped that part of the tournament and missed it (Merged Zamasu was pretty surprised when Goku used it) or he was afraid he'd die if he tried it (though seeing as how he has better Ki control than Goku, that's not likely).

The best explanation: Toei.

I think there are some unused files for Rosé KK in XV2.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:So, why doesn't Black ever make Rose KK a thing?
Probably skipped that part of the tournament and missed it (Merged Zamasu was pretty surprised when Goku used it) or he was afraid he'd die if he tried it (though seeing as how he has better Ki control than Goku, that's not likely).

The best explanation: Toei.

I think there are some unused files for Rosé KK in XV2.
There are files in XV2 that imply he can do it. I'd add Toriyama into the answer since he clearly doesn't have it in his outlines that Goku can make himself anywhere between twice to ten times stronger on the fly.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:31 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:There are files in XV2 that imply he can do it. I'd add Toriyama into the answer since he clearly doesn't have it in his outlines that Goku can make himself anywhere between twice to ten times stronger on the fly.
Well, whatever he wrote, he did write that Goku was 10x stronger than Vegeta against Hit. I don't know what the fuck he was thinking.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:There are files in XV2 that imply he can do it. I'd add Toriyama into the answer since he clearly doesn't have it in his outlines that Goku can make himself anywhere between twice to ten times stronger on the fly.
Well, whatever he wrote, he did write that Goku was 10x stronger than Vegeta against Hit. I don't know what the fuck he was thinking.
I actually think that Toyotaro & Toei had a good out for Vegeta: have him lose a lot of power fighting Magetta. The fight between the two of them is wildly different between the two so they both could have made it a fierce battle where Vegeta either losses a lot of energy or takes too much damage or both to explain why he's so much weaker against Hit then Goku.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:36 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
I actually think that Toyotaro & Toei had a good out for Vegeta: have him lose a lot of power fighting Magetta. The fight between the two of them is wildly different between the two so they both could have made it a fierce battle where Vegeta either losses a lot of energy or takes too much damage or both to explain why he's so much weaker against Hit then Goku.
That still doesn't eliminate the bigger problem that Vegeta could go SS2 or SSB and finish it.