Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MaskedRider
Banned

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:43 am

If Raditz expected Goku to conquer Earth in no time why did he take over ten years to check up on him?

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:17 am

MaskedRider wrote:If Raditz expected Goku to conquer Earth in no time why did he take over ten years to check up on him?
It took him over 20 years, and it wasn't really until they needed help conquering some other planet that he went looking for his brother.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:18 am

ABED wrote:
MaskedRider wrote:If Raditz expected Goku to conquer Earth in no time why did he take over ten years to check up on him?
It took him over 20 years, and it wasn't really until they needed help conquering some other planet that he went looking for his brother.
Ah so he did, makes me curious as to what planet would be giving Vegeta and Nappa trouble :lol:

Another non thread...Would Whis's time reversal in RoF count as messing causality and creating a green ring?

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:31 pm

Guesswhoo wrote:Did Beerus really ordered Frieza to destroy planet vegeta ? Because I never saw that in the movie or in DBS.
It was in the Japanese script of RoF but I don't recall it being referenced anywhere else but the dub of BoG

Bardo117
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bardo117 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:02 pm

MaskedRider wrote:
ABED wrote:
Ah so he did, makes me curious as to what planet would be giving Vegeta and Nappa trouble :lol:

Another non thread...Would Whis's time reversal in RoF count as messing causality and creating a green ring?

Well technically it took him over ten years AND it took him over 20 years to go check on him. Both statements are correct.
El Conejo Malo

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So what if 90's FUNimation decided to TL Kamehameha? We would probably get something lame like "Blue Wave Attack"... :lol:

I do think "Spirit Bomb" is the best TL they came up with, "Solar Flare" and "Destructo Disc" are ayt & the rest are eh.
Sounds like something 4Kids would do if they got their hands on DB.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:56 pm

I see people say that U12 Kaioshin's Ugg looks like a character from Doug. I have a silly fan theory that Doug is set in Universe 12 and Mr. Dink was the first mortal that created Time Travel :lol: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:02 am

8000 Saiyan wrote:I'm starting to dislike Nadolny's Goku after rewatching some episodes of Dragon Ball with the Funi dub.
Oh hey, same here. Couldn't do it anymore, switched to JP immediately. Clinkenbeard is better, but not by all that much. If they were to ever re-dub the OG Dragon Ball (which I assume is about a 5% chance of ever happening?) I'd hope they would find a new voice for Kid Goku.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So what if 90's FUNimation decided to TL Kamehameha? We would probably get something lame like "Blue Wave Attack"... :lol:

I do think "Spirit Bomb" is the best TL they came up with, "Solar Flare" and "Destructo Disc" are ayt & the rest are eh.

What would you have called the Makankosappo? Or the Tri-Beam?

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Asura wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:I'm starting to dislike Nadolny's Goku after rewatching some episodes of Dragon Ball with the Funi dub.
Oh hey, same here. Couldn't do it anymore, switched to JP immediately. Clinkenbeard is better, but not by all that much. If they were to ever re-dub the OG Dragon Ball (which I assume is about a 5% chance of ever happening?) I'd hope they would find a new voice for Kid Goku.

I don't care for Colleens Goku either but how do you feel about her Gohan?

Demon Kill Drill sounds a lot more badass than what we ended up with, not to sure about Kikoho though
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:45 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
Asura wrote:

I don't care for Colleens Goku either but how do you feel about her Gohan?

Demon Kill Drill sounds a lot more badass than what we ended up with, not to sure about Kikoho though
I love her Gohan, it's great. I just don't like the voice she does for Kid Goku.

But I don't think Demon Kill Drill would work since it's only 4 syllables and might not match up with the lip flaps.

Maybe Demon Spiral Beam?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:08 pm

I can say I'm enjoying the ToP is avoiding the obvious route, that's something I like about the arc in general.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:47 pm

How long until I become beyond the beyond beyond newbie?

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:51 pm

Can anyone tell me what the average price I should pay for each Japanese Dragon Box separately should be? Figured it wasn't worth a thread as one probably already exists but I can't find it. Specifically the Dragon Ball Dragon Box

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:27 am

DragonBallKing wrote:How long until I become beyond the beyond beyond newbie?
The transition is at 500 posts, IIRC.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:38 pm

During my re-watch of Kai, I've noticed that Chris Ayres' Frieza sounds just like Richard Steven Horvitz's Orthopox from Destroy All Humans (http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/cha ... /Orthopox/). It makes me wonder if Ayres took inspiration from that voice. Hopefully, when he gets better, someone could ask him about it.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:40 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:During my re-watch of Kai, I've noticed that Chris Ayres' Frieza sounds just like Richard Steven Horvitz's Orthopox from Destroy All Humans (http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/cha ... /Orthopox/). It makes me wonder if Ayres took inspiration from that voice. Hopefully, when he gets better, someone could ask him about it.
He always sounded like a cross between Hamill's Joker and Invader Zim to me. :lol:

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:43 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:During my re-watch of Kai, I've noticed that Chris Ayres' Frieza sounds just like Richard Steven Horvitz's Orthopox from Destroy All Humans (http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/cha ... /Orthopox/). It makes me wonder if Ayres took inspiration from that voice. Hopefully, when he gets better, someone could ask him about it.
He always sounded like a cross between Hamill's Joker and Invader Zim to me. :lol:
Honestly, I've never heard anything in Ayres' Frieza that sounds anything like Hamill's Joker.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Would you say there is a considerable amount of people who are only watching Super in English as it airs?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:08 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:Would you say there is a considerable amount of people who are only watching Super in English as it airs?
I don't think so, this is not the 90's anymore. People can watch the episodes dubbed or subbed anytime they like in the internet.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Noah wrote:
DragonBallKing wrote:Would you say there is a considerable amount of people who are only watching Super in English as it airs?
I don't think so, this is not the 90's anymore. People can watch the episodes dubbed or subbed anytime they like in the internet.
Who knows, DBZ has a huge casual following in the US and Nozawa's Goku might make the show unwatchable for some people.