Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by dbs fanboy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:32 am

I already disliked Champa for his obnoxious personality in the U6 arc, but now i'm starting to outright hate him. I hope he dies for good, which would also have a plus because Beerus does seem to care about his brother, so we could have a little character centered mini arc/sub plot.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:52 am

Is there anything in real life similar to a Senzu Bean?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:51 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Is there anything in real life similar to a Senzu Bean?
Nope and if there was, the ones in charge wouldn't want us to know anyways, as that would cripple a bunch of industries.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:52 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Nope and if there was, the ones in charge wouldn't want us to know anyways, as that would cripple a bunch of industries.
Yes, the Illuminati wouldn't. I'm sorry, but this conspiracy theory about how industry works by supressing better products is bunk. If senzus existed, why wouldn't pharmaceutical companies sell them?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:08 am

ABED wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Yes, the Illuminati wouldn't. I'm sorry, but this conspiracy theory about how industry works by supressing better products is bunk. If senzus existed, why wouldn't pharmaceutical companies sell them?
Because they are corrupt, duh.
Thought I made that clear 8)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:12 am

dbgtFO wrote:
ABED wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Nope and if there was, the ones in charge wouldn't want us to know anyways, as that would cripple a bunch of industries.
Clearly ABED has never played Deus Ex before ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:22 am

dbs fanboy wrote:I already disliked Champa for his obnoxious personality in the U6 arc, but now i'm starting to outright hate him. I hope he dies for good, which would also have a plus because Beerus does seem to care about his brother, so we could have a little character centered mini arc/sub plot.
After seeing his behavior in episode 98/100,now I want him to get killed off or get replaced as a god of destruction,I'm not liking what there doing for him,he is a badly written character in this arc just like #18
Mostly active on discord.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 am

dbgtFO wrote:
ABED wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Nope and if there was, the ones in charge wouldn't want us to know anyways, as that would cripple a bunch of industries.
Who's "they"?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:43 pm

ABED wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
ABED wrote: Yes, the Illuminati wouldn't. I'm sorry, but this conspiracy theory about how industry works by supressing better products is bunk. If senzus existed, why wouldn't pharmaceutical companies sell them?
Who's "they"?
The jews.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:44 pm

If after everything some of you have posted in recent days we are now getting into "the jews are corrupt" territory, there are about to be some serious repercussions with permanent account removals and complete visiting access revoked.

If you are this kind of person: you are not welcome here, we don't want you to feel comfortable here, we do not want to hear your bullshit ideology, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:49 pm

VegettoEX wrote:If after everything some of you have posted in the following days we are now getting into "the jews are corrupt" territory, there are about to be some serious repercussions with permanent account removals and complete visiting access revoked.

If you are this kind of person: you are not welcome here, we don't want you to feel comfortable here, we do not want to hear your bullshit ideology, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
The joke flew five miles over my head: the post.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Considering some of the conversations you've all been involved in, it's rather difficult to take anything you all say as a joke. Maybe it's best that you leave the humor to Toriyama.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:40 pm

The gr wrote:
dbs fanboy wrote:I already disliked Champa for his obnoxious personality in the U6 arc, but now i'm starting to outright hate him. I hope he dies for good, which would also have a plus because Beerus does seem to care about his brother, so we could have a little character centered mini arc/sub plot.
After seeing his behavior in episode 98/100,now I want him to get killed off or get replaced as a god of destruction,I'm not liking what there doing for him,he is a badly written character in this arc just like #18
What's exactly the issue? It's perfectly in character how he's behaving. He's supposed be an obnoxious prick and that's exactly what he is in this arc.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 pm

I just remembered the Boo saga was one day, two tops, long and its bugging my brain. :crazy:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:36 am

I was looking up "Best Rap Albums" on Google images, and the most random picture came up of Darth Vader, C3PO, Kanye, and a whole bunch of other people all sitting on the Simpson's couch, and for some reason Goku was there. He just looked really out of place.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:49 am

dbs fanboy wrote:Why did Vegeta lose his tail in GT? I mean yeah, the machine was destroyed, but it don't get why would he lose the tail.
Never really thought about it. Now I'm curious though.

Speaking of GT, after the wish was made to restore the Earth, what happened to New Vegeta?
Did the solar system have two inhabited planets that the humans could live on and travel between?
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:12 am

I don't see Frost's creation being for fan service or nostalgia's sake. Anyone should be able to see that the tournament with Universe Six was demonstrating how the universes are mirrored with another and that the fighters for Universe Six was homages to the sagas of Z with the exception Hit being his unique self. (Cabba = Saiyan, Frost = Namek, Magetta = Android, Botamo = Boo)

BUT DAS JUST MY OPINION

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:29 pm

LowRyder2005 wrote:From the DBwikia:
ジミー・ファイヤークラッカー
セルゲームアナウンサー
Jimī Faiyākurakkā
Seru Gēmu Anaunsā
Looks like it is the character's name.
I like to take DB Wikia with a pinch of salt; they're not exactly the most reputable source(Hell, they even got in on that whole "Vegeta Breigh" hoax from ages ago).
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:01 am

Robo4900 wrote:
LowRyder2005 wrote:From the DBwikia:
ジミー・ファイヤークラッカー
セルゲームアナウンサー
Jimī Faiyākurakkā
Seru Gēmu Anaunsā
Looks like it is the character's name.
I like to take DB Wikia with a pinch of salt; they're not exactly the most reputable source(Hell, they even got in on that whole "Vegeta Breigh" hoax from ages ago).
I actually abhor the DB wikia altogether as a credible source for any information, but I don't think they would be particular enough to fabricate a proper Japanese spelling out of thin air.

With that being said, there should also be better sources to eventually corroborate or disprove this.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:46 am

LowRyder2005 wrote:I actually abhor the DB wikia altogether as a credible source for any information, but I don't think they would be particular enough to fabricate a proper Japanese spelling out of thin air.

With that being said, there should also be better sources to eventually corroborate or disprove this.
Perhaps Herms, VegettoEX, or someone who's read the Japanese manga, or is intimately familiar with the Cell games portion of the anime can chime in?
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.