Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri May 05, 2017 10:11 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Cipher wrote:I'm pretty disappointed by the tenor of some of the conversations surrounding the new female Saiyan(s), but none of it's at a level that validates reporting.

I wish for the image of the community that this board had an "I'd really rather we didn't" button.
Sexist much?
What do you mean ? Is this a "yeah those posts are sexist"
Or a "Your the REAL racist/sexist/homophobe/transphobe for pointing out the racism/sexism/homophobic/transphobic" type of thing ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri May 05, 2017 11:14 pm

Cipher wrote:I'm pretty disappointed by the tenor of some of the conversations surrounding the new female Saiyan(s), but none of it's at a level that validates reporting.

I wish for the image of the community that this board had an "I'd really rather we didn't" button.
Yup, some of the stuff said has made me actually cringe. I don't even abuse that word unlike a lot of the internet, am when I say it k really mean it.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:15 pm

No folks I meant if the posts Cipher complaining about were sexist, my bad for not putting this in the right words
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri May 05, 2017 11:59 pm

kinisking wrote:

Yup, some of the stuff said has made me actually cringe. I don't even abuse that word unlike a lot of the internet, am when I say it k really mean it.
I'm lost,i don't get what cipher is saying here
Mostly active on discord.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 am

The gr wrote:
kinisking wrote:

I'm lost,i don't get what cipher is saying here
He's dissapointed by some of things that people are saying about the female saiyans. It isn't bad enough where he needs to report it though.

He wishes that there'd be a "we shouldn't do this guys " button because it would make this community look better if we did.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat May 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Piccolo has mentioned at least twice that his flying technique is different from, and apparently superior to the Bukujutsu that Goku uses. It's very vague, but could this mean Gohan doesn't use Bukujutsu either and instead uses whatever technique Piccolo uses?

Actually, it's been brought up before that aerial battles didn't become a thing until the late saiyans arc, and beforehand Bukujutsu was more of just a way of levitating. So perhaps the technique that Piccolo uses, which he claims is superior to Bukujutsu, is the method everyone else will adopt in the future when aerial battles become more common.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Where the heck does Oolong live? With Kame-Sennin or at Capsule Corp.?

Has he been couch-surfing for twenty-nine years?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 07, 2017 1:05 am

Cipher wrote:Where the heck does Oolong live? With Kame-Sennin or at Capsule Corp.?

Has he been couch-surfing for twenty-nine years?
He has his own mansion-capsule Bulma rented him.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun May 07, 2017 1:27 am

Speaking of Oolong, have either him or Pu'ar transformed in Super. That'd be a pretty cool throwback.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun May 07, 2017 1:33 am

It took them only until very recently for them to reveal where Yamcha lived, in some separate building a few eps ago.

Before that from the Cell saga onward you would think he was still free loading at capsule corp somewhere.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sun May 07, 2017 1:41 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:Speaking of Oolong, have either him or Pu'ar transformed in Super. That'd be a pretty cool throwback.
Pu'ar transformed into Beerus. I believe that's the only one as far as I remember.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 07, 2017 11:09 pm

I remember reading an article that said Toriyama only had Freeza in ROF because he remembered his personality, is this true?

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon May 08, 2017 12:13 am

Boo Machine wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Speaking of Oolong, have either him or Pu'ar transformed in Super. That'd be a pretty cool throwback.
Pu'ar transformed into Beerus. I believe that's the only one as far as I remember.
Oolong used bat wings to fly over to Shenron in that one episode where everyone argued over the wish as well.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:19 am

Here's a question I'm not sure anyone asked, ever. Sure the Dragon Boxes are better than both of the following, but I still want to ask. What transfer has better dark detail for Z? The Pre-Orange Bricks Digibetas (used with Saban, Pioneer, and In-House Funi back in the day), or the Orange Bricks/Levels/Season Blu-Ray transfer (more the latter two than the Orange Bricks, as I heard that both Blu-Ray sets have slightly better dark detail than the Orange Bricks)?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon May 08, 2017 12:21 am

Danfun64 wrote:Here's a question I'm not sure anyone asked, ever. Sure the Dragon Boxes are better than both of the following, but I still want to ask. What transfer has better dark detail for Z? The Pre-Orange Bricks Digibetas (used with Saban, Pioneer, and In-House Funi back in the day), or the Orange Bricks/Levels/Season Blu-Ray transfer (more the latter two than the Orange Bricks, as I heard that both Blu-Ray sets have slightly better dark detail than the Orange Bricks)?
Neither are particularly good, and I don't have any of my old Z singles to compare, but I'm sure someone here could throw up a comparison.
Retired.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon May 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
He also transformed into a sledge hammer to bash Yamcha’s head to wake him up in the baseball episode.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon May 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Gog wrote:I remember reading an article that said Toriyama only had Freeza in ROF because he remembered his personality, is this true?
It was because he (re)heard the F song.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Gog wrote:I remember reading an article that said Toriyama only had Freeza in ROF because he remembered his personality, is this true?
Curse those guys if wasn't for them we could had an actual sequel to BoG movie lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon May 08, 2017 10:43 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Curse those guys if wasn't for them we could had an actual sequel to BoG movie lol
A lot of good things came out of ROF. I think the movie is fine, just needs some, slight changes.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue May 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Honestly breaking it down it seems BoG and "F" basically told a very similar story:
Beerus wakes up-Freeza gets revived.
Beerus seeks a challenge- Freeza seeks revenge.
They both head to Earth but after making pitstops (Beerus makes pit stop on Kaio's planet, Freeza makes a pit stop to train).
They both arrive on Earth where Goku isn't there.
Funny shenanigans ensue. (Including Bulma annoying the big bad off in someway)
Z fighters fight (in RF they actually get decent screen time), but no match for the big bad.
Vegeta gets destroyed by Beerus- Gohan gets destroyed by Freeza.
Goku arrives in the nick of time in both.
Beerus and Freeza then get their challenge/revenge opportunity.
A new Super Saiyan transformation.
Battle ensues, then it stops for a quick chat about power, (Beerus and Goku in the cave, Freeza about his stamina issue).
They end up losing (Goku flat out loses, due to the carelessness Freeza blows up Earth)
But then they won in the end anyway. (Beerus satisfied didn't destroyed Earth afterall which was one of the reasons they were fighting for in the place. Whis rewinds time and Goku kills Freeza thus they won).
Film ends with the gang discussing the after match and Vegeta and Goku bantering.