Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by HeroR » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:21 am

MaskedRider wrote:What Super should have done was change the ending of the RoF arc by removing Whis's ability to temporarily turn back time and have the survivors live on Beerus's planet for the time being then comes Champa and the introduction of the super dragon balls so the surviving fighters can train and fight in the tournament with universe six to grant their wish to bring back Earth and everyone who died to add stakes and tension if they lose.

Damn thinking about it more that would be awesome. Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin and either Tien or Master Roshi fighting against the same opponents.
Why go through such trouble when the Namekians Dragon Balls can do the same thing.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Do you guys have any favorite DB YouTuber?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:50 pm

Noah wrote:Do you guys have any favorite DB YouTuber?
For me none, the ones I know all sucks.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:05 pm

Aside from people like Ajay, who actually put out useful information and insights, I tend to think pretty lowly of that community. Even some of the better ones, who I don't think need to be named, have significant overconfidence problems considering that most of what they make their money on is either taken straight from this website and/or social media, or could be more easily and more efficiently be resolved here. It would be akin to making money off giving advice for how to gain and keep power by directly quoting Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals and Niccolo Machiavelli's The Prince. It would be helpful if you don't know how to read, I guess, but it's ultimately a dishonest way of making a living.

Anyway, putting aside my general distaste for most of them, I really enjoy what Ajay puts out. If Wes could work on his speaking voice, I'd probably enjoy the animation breakdowns on his channel too.
Retired.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:49 pm

The only one I follow beside TeamFourStar is Gaffer Tape (MistareFusion) for Dragon Ball Dissection, and on some occasions MasakoX's videos.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:21 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
For me none, the ones I know all sucks.
It's like you know what I am about to say..
Same answer form me here..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:56 pm

This week's ordeal with fake leaks was one hell of a wake-up call for me. I didn't realise just how bad the Dragon Ball fandom (or any fandom, really) as a whole is at handling unconfirmed information. The word "gullible" comes to mind. By the time the leaks were proven false, they had already been translated and reached the more casual fandom, and trying to fix that is like trying to un-blend a smoothie. Just now, when I was browsing Facebook and saw the disproved claims presented as true, it hit me. One hell of a slap in the face, that was.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope that those who relay unconfirmed information to the broader fandom learned a lesson from all this: You can't un-inform the masses.

I know this is a bit of a blogpost, but... Anyone else kinda feel like this? Or have I just been naive?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I'd love a redub of Bardock the Father of Goku. The Trunks special is alright to me.
Me too some lines in it are a little too cringe worthy.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:21 pm

So, I may be considering getting the manga from beginning to end, and I'd like to know which version would be the most manageable to purchase and collect. I don't particularly care how censored it is, so that aside, should I go for the volume-by-volume Tankōbon release, the 3-in-1 release, the Full Color release, or something else I may be missing?

Any input is appreciated!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:10 pm

If you don't mind digital copies, comiXology conveniently offers the entire series for about one or two hundred dollars cheaper than physical lots online may offer.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:So, I may be considering getting the manga from beginning to end, and I'd like to know which version would be the most manageable to purchase and collect. I don't particularly care how censored it is, so that aside, should I go for the volume-by-volume Tankōbon release, the 3-in-1 release, the Full Color release, or something else I may be missing?

Assuming you want the physical volumes, and don't really care about censorship, I have to recommend the Vizbigs, hands down. A lot of the colored pages are intact, the paper quality is superior to any of the others, and it's not much more expensive than the cheapest (and worst) release, the 3-in-1's. The tankobon volumes have the advantage of the prettiest spine and cover art, but that's about all. The only warning I have to give for the Vizbigs is of the binding, which is weaker than the other releases, but won't fail as long as you give proper support when reading.

Regarding the Full Color release, it's pretty good on all fronts. Actually, though I used to be pretty critical of them, the colored volumes have grown on me, and are my primary way of reading when it comes to the parts that have been released. I wouldn't expect it to be done anytime soon though, if ever. Collect one of the B&W releases primarily, and substitute that for the Full Color Volumes for the part of the series they cover.
Retired.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:28 pm

Alruneia wrote:This week's ordeal with fake leaks was one hell of a wake-up call for me. I didn't realise just how bad the Dragon Ball fandom (or any fandom, really) as a whole is at handling unconfirmed information. The word "gullible" comes to mind. By the time the leaks were proven false, they had already been translated and reached the more casual fandom, and trying to fix that is like trying to un-blend a smoothie. Just now, when I was browsing Facebook and saw the disproved claims presented as true, it hit me. One hell of a slap in the face, that was.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope that those who relay unconfirmed information to the broader fandom learned a lesson from all this: You can't un-inform the masses.

I know this is a bit of a blogpost, but... Anyone else kinda feel like this? Or have I just been naive?
This isn't something I take umbrage with in terms of the news posters, so long as they explicitly tag things as being unconfirmed. They're just trying to get ahead of information that will spread regardless.

Now, if fans can't see that information and not think, "Okay, this is out there, but may be revealed to be false later," that's on them. It isn't anyone's job to babysit.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:So, I may be considering getting the manga from beginning to end, and I'd like to know which version would be the most manageable to purchase and collect. I don't particularly care how censored it is, so that aside, should I go for the volume-by-volume Tankōbon release, the 3-in-1 release, the Full Color release, or something else I may be missing?

Good question, I always had doubts between picking up the full Tankoubon release or the Kanzenban.

Do you guys have any preferences between the two?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:13 pm

If you have a Kindle or an Kindle app, get the ones on there. It's the least censored version.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Noah wrote:Good question, I always had doubts between picking up the full Tankoubon release or the Kanzenban.

Do you guys have any preferences between the two?
If you're getting the Japanese, I'd go with the Kanzenban. I've got one sitting around the house somewhere, and I can vouch for its reputation as the ideal release in most ways. Full Color has also been released in its entirety in Japan, so that's an option if you're into that version. As for English releases... well, you obviously can't get the Kanzenban, it's never been put out over here, but the closest thing are the Vizbigs, which I'd wholeheartedly recommend.
Retired.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Thank you all for the input! The digital version looks like quite a deal, but I think I'll look into the VizBigs for now as I tend to prefer physical releases. However:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:The only warning I have to give for the Vizbigs is of the binding, which is weaker than the other releases, but won't fail as long as you give proper support when reading.
By "proper support" I presume you mean "don't bend the spine"? :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:05 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Thank you all for the input! The digital version looks like quite a deal, but I think I'll look into the VizBigs for now as I tend to prefer physical releases. However:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:The only warning I have to give for the Vizbigs is of the binding, which is weaker than the other releases, but won't fail as long as you give proper support when reading.
By "proper support" I presume you mean "don't bend the spine"? :P
That, and the books are pretty heavy, so be careful that the weight of the pages don't damage the spine. Just use your best judgement when holding it, you'll feel what I mean if you buy it.
Retired.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote: As for English releases... well, you obviously can't get the Kanzenban, it's never been put out over here.
For realsies? It never had a english release for Kanzenban? That's weird as other countries had it though.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:06 am

I don't even like Dragon Ball that much anymore. I don't dislike it, but Kanzenshuu is really the only thing that's keeping me interested. I kinda view it like Baseball (go Twins) , as in I like it, but it doesn't really interest me anymore. I'm definitely a casual fan now.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:I'd miss TheBlackPaladin.
He's still decently active.
I know. I'd miss seeing him go because he's one of the more cool-headed members on the forum. And besides, he knows how the voice acting industry works (being a voice actor himself) and is very sympathetic towards voice actors, knowing very well that they're not really the problem with a dub, but the voice director, the scriptwriter and the ADR tools. It's basically how I feel about the voice actors working on Avengers Assemble. They're not really at fault with what they have to work with, much like dub actors and the mainstream American voice actors of the 1980's.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.