Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:15 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:You know how everyone complains about the whole "Who shot first?" thing from Star Wars and how it apparently ruins Han, how and why does no one talk about how the Kanzenban ending of the manga actually does that to Vegeta?
Huh?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:20 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:You know how everyone complains about the whole "Who shot first?" thing from Star Wars and how it apparently ruins Han, how and why does no one talk about how the Kanzenban ending of the manga actually does that to Vegeta?
Huh?
Not sure what's confusing: in one franchise, an alteration gets everyone into a multi-decade long bitch fit of endless proportions but when another series does a considerably worse offense, no one cares or outright defends it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:10 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Huh?
Not sure what's confusing: in one franchise, an alteration gets everyone into a multi-decade long bitch fit of endless proportions but when another series does a considerably worse offense, no one cares or outright defends it.
i have too imagine most people are really just familiar with the anime ending, and not the kanzenban one. dont get me wrong, i think its a bad ending too (tho i dont really like any of db's endings), just the reason i dont think most people care is cuz well i dont think a ton of people care about the manga.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:20 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Huh?
I don't know what "who shot first" moment for Vegeta you're talking about. What am I supposed to be complaining about? lol

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:50 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Huh?
I don't know what "who shot first" moment for Vegeta you're talking about. What am I supposed to be complaining about? lol
Lucas changing who shoots first between Han and Greedo, instant, decades long til the heat death of the universe complaining about it. Toriyama ruins Vegeta's Boo arc development and sets up the awfulness to follow: nobody cares or defends it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Something I don’t get, when watching the Dead Zone in Japanese on dvd the end credits still list the Funi cast and crew?

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:36 pm

What DVD are you watching? Every post Orange Bricks release of DB only has English credits.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:40 pm

Did Goku ever hang out with his grandpa in other world?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:31 am

Ssjcell wrote:Did Goku ever hang out with his grandpa in other world?
Nope which is a shame since Goku does go to the afterlife to fight the Saiyans and Toriyama remembered him killing Gohan.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:46 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Ssjcell wrote:Did Goku ever hang out with his grandpa in other world?
Nope which is a shame since Goku does go to the afterlife to fight the Saiyans and Toriyama remembered him killing Gohan.
He probably visited him off-screen during the 7 year gap. He didn't exactly have time during the Saiyan invasion (and he didn't know he had killed him yet).

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:53 am

One year ago today, Episode 109 and 110 of Dragon Ball Super aired. When it aired, the whole fandom exploded in hype. Ahh, the memories. :D
Caulifla best girl! :)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:01 am

The interaction between the two Trunks was really a missed opportunity. The contrast between their lives at the same age (present Trunks is 14, same age future Trunks went SS) is severely less impactful when present Trunks looks like a toddler.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:21 am

Doctor. wrote:The interaction between the two Trunks was really a missed opportunity. The contrast between their lives at the same age (present Trunks is 14, same age future Trunks went SS) is severely less impactful when present Trunks looks like a toddler.
Future Trunks not sticking around for the ToP is an even bigger one. Him fighting to revive his timeline would've made at least some of us give a damn about that mess.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:30 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:The interaction between the two Trunks was really a missed opportunity. The contrast between their lives at the same age (present Trunks is 14, same age future Trunks went SS) is severely less impactful when present Trunks looks like a toddler.
Future Trunks not sticking around for the ToP is an even bigger one. Him fighting to revive his timeline would've made at least some of us give a damn about that mess.
I honestly don't mind only because the tournament was already far too Saiyan focused as it was. Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, Cabba, Kale, Caulifla/Kefla took most of the spotlight. Unless we switched Gohan for Trunks but it wouldn't make sense in-universe to leave Gohan out in favor of Tenshinhan or any other jobber.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:07 am

I dislike how the Super anime has characters constantly using their signature attacks. Like in a single fight Goku will use Kamehameha five or six times, Vegeta will use the Final Flash three times, etc...
I think this problem was also present in DBZ but I can't remember it clearly.

It makes the attacks normal, instead of impressive techniques.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:27 am

Kamehameha, Final Flash, Galick Ho... All became generic techniques at this point. Toei should create another ones or just take more from video-games. There are awesome techniques in them that could be used in the series.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:45 am

They aren't. In the manga they were never abused, hell Vegeta used the Final Flash once, two times if you count the variation against Recoome, three times if you count another variation against Fused Zamasu in the Super Manga. Galick Gun used once.

Whenever Goku uses the Kamehameha it's either a big deal or he's using it creatively. Against Freeza he used the attack twice, one long ass fight and the attack was only used in two rather important moments.
Against Vegeta I'm pretty sure he used it once.

They are special, the anime just turned them into basic Ki attacks.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:26 pm

The universe 6 saiyans, (except for SSJ Kefla/Kale) having the muscle definition of Adventure Time characters, never fails to annoy me.

It looks as though I could beat them up.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:38 pm

The Monkey King wrote:The universe 6 saiyans, (except for SSJ Kefla/Kale) having the muscle definition of Adventure Time characters, never fails to annoy me.

It looks as though I could beat them up.
Yeah agreed. It looked perfectly fine on Kefla idk why they all couldn't have that.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:15 am

Excellent analogy, I feel the same way. For me Toriyama could had kept Vegeta words, but at least he should have changed his facial expression close to the Number One speech:
LightBing wrote:I dislike how the Super anime has characters constantly using their signature attacks. Like in a single fight Goku will use Kamehameha five or six times, Vegeta will use the Final Flash three times, etc...

Well, I can say I hated that instead of giving Trunks the same treatment (to be consistent at least), they have him to forget his techniques and use the ones from his father.

It was freaking annoying that we didn't got him using Burning Attack or Finish Buster once on his god damn arc.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?