Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bruma rabu
Regular

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Bruma rabu » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:13 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Bruma rabu wrote:
Vegeta_Sama wrote:I re-watched the OVA about Tarble, and I was wondering: Is he even canon anymore?? In BoG the Movie they mentioned him, but for some reason they didn't in Super. What's the deal with that?
I read a pretty interesting theory not sure if it was on kanzenshuu or some where else. So the way it goes is they to took Tarble and used him as the base for cabba so we probably never see tarble ever again. Wished I remembered who said it.
MasakoX said something of that nature.
Ohhhh yeah! I think that's pretty much what happen to him.
This is a link to his vid
https://youtu.be/sprcnEysR3M
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:51 am

Bruma rabu wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Bruma rabu wrote: I read a pretty interesting theory not sure if it was on kanzenshuu or some where else. So the way it goes is they to took Tarble and used him as the base for cabba so we probably never see tarble ever again. Wished I remembered who said it.
MasakoX said something of that nature.
Ohhhh yeah! I think that's pretty much what happen to him.
This is a link to his vid
https://youtu.be/sprcnEysR3M
Damn, poor Tarble then
Get Fucked, C_unt

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:36 am

Tarble was kind of a pointless character. I never really saw the point of him being there. He doesn't add much to Vegeta's backstory, he doesn't do anything but ask the others to fight for him. Vegeta still hates him at the end, so it just makes Vegeta look like a jerk. I don't know what more they could do with him even if they did bring him back.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:25 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:Tarble was kind of a pointless character. I never really saw the point of him being there. He doesn't add much to Vegeta's backstory, he doesn't do anything but ask the others to fight for him. Vegeta still hates him at the end, so it just makes Vegeta look like a jerk. I don't know what more they could do with him even if they did bring him back.
I don't know what was the point of him existing other than being Vegeta brother he along with Tights are the most pointless character.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:48 pm

I really never could get into the Buu Saga stuff from after Vegeta blows himself up, and before Goku/Vegeta escape from Buu with everyone he absorbed. Honestly, all of the Gotenks/Super Buu stuff just drags on, and there isn't really any payoff in the end. Whether it's the original anime, the manga, or Kai, it's just a bunch of content that drags on, and feels like a chore to watch (the only other part of the original series that feels the same way to me is the Red Ribbon stuff).

I do however enjoy the stuff with Gohan on Kaioshin's planet. I wonder how the rest of it could've been written differently? Goten's character is useless to me (in-universe; I understand why he was written into the story for narrative/marketing reasons), I really would have much preferred if instead of practicing fusion, Goku/Piccolo instead tried to train Trunks to become as powerful as Gohan was against Cell (i.e. unlock SSJ2). It wouldn't have been enough unless you write Super Buu out of the series, but I think that's difficult. The stuff with Mr. Satan is a big part of Mr. Buu's character arc, and Evil Buu's expulsion is the result of the change in his character. Maybe Super Buu could be written far weaker than he was originally (where if you take every statement literally, he's dozens or hundreds of times more powerful than the original Fat Buu).

SSJ2 Trunks fighting against Buu would be pretty great, because when Gohan comes back, you'd get a nice parallel to their future counterparts (and based on Super, Future Trunks achieved SSJ2 on his own). In-universe it would make Gohan feel a bit less special, but I think he'd still get his 'Ultimate' transformation in this alternate telling.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:(and based on Super, Future Trunks achieved SSJ2 on his own).
Given the context, one can say he achieved when he saw Kaioshin of East being killed. And I kinda think this is the case.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Spider-Man wrote:I don't know what was the point of him existing other than being Vegeta brother he along with Tights are the most pointless character.
Tights is actually from Jaco's manga. I've never read it myself, so I can't give a fair assessment of the character. They just sort of stuck her in Super with Jaco like we were supposed to know who they were. lol

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:27 pm

The true ending of the ToP.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Doctor. wrote:The true ending of the ToP.
Nah the real ending was when #17 wished for a boat and then zeno erased everything.
    How does 100 taks equal to 48 minutes, wouldn't it be more reasonable to be 50 minutes.
    Mostly active on discord.

jeffbr92
    Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Doctor. wrote:The true ending of the ToP.
    I rofl'd at the end lol
    Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Champa The Destroyer
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Why didn't Vegeta use SSBE against Goku at the end of episode 131?

ZeroNeonix
    Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:00 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:Why didn't Vegeta use SSBE against Goku at the end of episode 131?
    The same reason why Goku wasn't using Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken. The two were fighting at the same level of power.

Pirina_Fusee

Post by Pirina_Fusee » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Why come King Piccolo was so weak, anyway? He wasn't just a Namekian but apparently a demon as well, and yet he was a mere fraction of even a standard member of his race.

One_Instance
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:44 am

Pirina_Fusee wrote:Why come King Piccolo was so weak, anyway? He wasn't just a Namekian but apparently a demon as well, and yet he was a mere fraction of even a standard member of his race.
    Haha, never thought about that. Maybe you could make the argument that because he and Kami split he was naturally weaker than a full Namekian?

RandomGuy96
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:31 am

How many Dragon Ball manga chapters are equivalent to 1 Super manga chapter? The latter seem to be x2-3 the page length.
    The Monkey King wrote:
    RandomGuy96 wrote:
    dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
    He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
    It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
    Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Vegeta_Sama
    Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:22 am

Does anyone else think that Gohan should have been in his Great Saiyaman outfit in the ToP? I'm tired of him wearing either his dad's, or Piccolo's outfits
    Get Fucked, C_unt

Alruneia
    I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:41 am

Vegeta_Sama wrote:Does anyone else think that Gohan should have been in his Great Saiyaman outfit in the ToP? I'm tired of him wearing either his dad's, or Piccolo's outfits
    Well, yes and no. The Saiyaman outfit minus cape and headgear is my favourite Gohan outfit, so I would've liked to see it in use more, but at the same time I don't know if it would make sense for him to pull that outfit out now.
    Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
    Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Exline
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:05 am

Alruneia wrote:
    Vegeta_Sama wrote:Does anyone else think that Gohan should have been in his Great Saiyaman outfit in the ToP? I'm tired of him wearing either his dad's, or Piccolo's outfits
    Well, yes and no. The Saiyaman outfit minus cape and headgear is my favourite Gohan outfit, so I would've liked to see it in use more, but at the same time I don't know if it would make sense for him to pull that outfit out now.
    I agree, but I still would have liked to see it as well. I'm upset that we don't see much of the Great Saiyaman anymore. I love that side of Gohan!

If they had just made Pan and Goten more of a fan of the outfit, he would've been more inclined to wear it. As a way of telling the reader that he is wearing the outfit to make sure his family is safe when the Tournament is over, because the Great Saiyaman is all about protecting others. It would've been fun as well to see him fight the Pride Troopers in that outfit as well.

ZeroNeonix
    Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:35 am

After Gohan's comment about how cool Toppo was in the exhibition match, I thought he was going to fight one of the Pride Troopers as the Great Saiyaman. Seems like a missed opportunity. But since the universes are undeleted, maybe there's a chance that can happen sometime in the future.

Dragon Ball Gus
    Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 am

I asked this question before but no one really answered me, so I'll ask again. What if Limit-Break x Survivor was the opening for the entirety of Super, and not just the opening for the Universe Survival Arc? Do you think that would've been fitting for the series?
    Caulifla best girl! :)