Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed May 10, 2017 5:24 am

So I was watching The Flash S3 EP 21 and its funny how it got released on 5/9 Goku day and it turns out Barry LOVED (Iris says "loved" because Barry had amnesia at the time, so he probably still loves DBZ currently) Dragon Ball Z hahaha, that shit caught me off guard.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed May 10, 2017 9:06 am

SansrivaaL wrote:So I was watching The Flash S3 EP 21 and its funny how it got released on 5/9 Goku day and it turns out Barry LOVED (Iris says "loved" because Barry had amnesia at the time, so he probably still loves DBZ currently) Dragon Ball Z hahaha, that shit caught me off guard.
Came here to say the exact same thing :lol: Too bad Barry probably never watched Dragon Ball.
Between runs I wonder if he's watching Super. I mean, the Savitar situation is pretty similar to the Goku Black one.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:37 am

Do you think Vegeta would be the kinda guy to enjoy watching pro wrestling?
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Was watching Goku vs Yakon episode and this just occurred to me:

Yakon feeds on light energy. He lives on a planet so dark the sun light does not reach its surface. How did he gain his ability to eat light if there was no light on his planet to begin with?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 2:43 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Was watching Goku vs Yakon episode and this just occurred to me:

Yakon feeds on light energy. He lives on a planet so dark the sun light does not reach its surface. How did he gain his ability to eat light if there was no light on his planet to begin with?
He ate the planet's star.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Doctor. wrote:
SHINOBI-03 wrote:Was watching Goku vs Yakon episode and this just occurred to me:

So Goku had more energy than a freaken' star?!!
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 2:52 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

So Goku had more energy than a freaken' star?!!
Not that hard to believe considering first form Freeza can flick away a planet.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Doctor. wrote: Not that hard to believe considering first form Freeza can flick away a planet.
But a planet is still small cake next to a star. Even Jupiter of our system is nothing next to the sun!
My Anime List
My Manga List

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu May 11, 2017 3:06 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Not that hard to believe considering first form Freeza can flick away a planet.
But a planet is still small cake next to a star. Even Jupiter of our system is nothing next to the sun!
And first form Freeza is nothing next to Boo arc Goku. Even Cell was going to blow away the Solar System.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:32 pm

If you count the Z-filler of them fighting, Gohan is the only main character to have witnessed absolutely all of Freeza's forms from 1st to 4th (at 1%, 50% and the bulky 100%), the mastered 4th and Golden.

Not counting their filler fight, none of the cast have witnessed absolutely all of Freeza's forms & states.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri May 12, 2017 3:41 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:If you count the Z-filler of them fighting, Gohan is the only main character to have witnessed absolutely all of Freeza's forms from 1st to 4th (at 1%, 50% and the bulky 100%), the mastered 4th and Golden.

Not counting their filler fight, none of the cast have witnessed absolutely all of Freeza's forms & states.
That's not true, Kaio has :wink:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:41 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:If you count the Z-filler of them fighting, Gohan is the only main character to have witnessed absolutely all of Freeza's forms from 1st to 4th (at 1%, 50% and the bulky 100%), the mastered 4th and Golden.

Does Kaio actually see him or is he just sensing his power?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri May 12, 2017 3:43 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

When he first goes to check on if it is true Freeza is on Namek there's a panel of him seeing Freeza.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri May 12, 2017 3:46 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: That's not true, Kaio has :wink:
When he first goes to check on if it is true Freeza is on Namek there's a panel of him seeing Freeza.
That, and the elder Kaioshin tells Goku he could see any babe in the universe with his eyes. He's a Kaioshin, but I assume it's a Godly ability.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Doctor. wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Does Kaio actually see him or is he just sensing his power?
That, and the elder Kaioshin tells Goku he could see any babe in the universe with his eyes. He's a Kaioshin, but I assume it's a Godly ability.
Ah, you're right! I just assumed that was an anime only thing they put it to make the moment more dramatic but I guess Kaio has seen everyone of Freeza's forms.
Then again, I wouldn't call Kaio one of the main cast so I could technically still be considered right :P

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri May 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Lupe Fiasco''s real last name is Jaco. That's pretty cool IMO.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat May 13, 2017 2:05 am

I've always found it interesting that with a single change nearly every villain in the series could have been great heroes.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat May 13, 2017 2:07 am

Gog wrote:I've always found it interesting that with a single change nearly every villain in the series could have been great heroes.
Examples?
Retired.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat May 13, 2017 2:35 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Gog wrote:I've always found it interesting that with a single change nearly every villain in the series could have been great heroes.
Examples?
Freeza, Cell, and Black with a minor detail changed could have made great heroes. Or at the very least could have been as good as Goku.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat May 13, 2017 2:38 am

Gog wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Examples?
Freeza, Cell, and Black with a minor detail changed could have made great heroes. Or at the very least could have been as good as Goku.
That's not an example, that's a restatement. Name a change that you think could make one of these villains a hero.
Retired.