Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:09 pm

I'm puzzled as to why Buu Kai's "Theme of Shenron" sounds like it was edited directly off Naruto's "Nine Tail Demon Fox". I don't know anything about this sort of thing, so forgive me if there's something I'm missing here. :crazy:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:42 pm

TobyS wrote:
Noah wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I would assume Black and Zamasu would eventually attack other timelines to make the Zero Mortals Plan complete. That might be cause enough for them to go after Black & Zamasu in the future.
I think they were pretty satisfied in living in one timeline that has no opposing Gods or mortals, I don't believe they would risk themselves in attacking other timelines as they said in the anime the Zero Mortals Plan would be complete by the time the last mortals on Earth were killed.
I don't think that's true, in the manga at least I'm sure they want every universe and timeline...
I think I missed this part, it was in the last chapter?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Since Saiyan's apparently have a better sense of smell, how badly would a stink bomb screw them up?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I'm puzzled as to why Buu Kai's "Theme of Shenron" sounds like it was edited directly off Naruto's "Nine Tail Demon Fox". I don't know anything about this sort of thing, so forgive me if there's something I'm missing here. :crazy:
I think because is a free sample,so that the reason why they sound so similar
Mostly active on discord.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:37 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Since Saiyan's apparently have a better sense of smell, how badly would a stink bomb screw them up?

They would never see it coming.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:26 pm

How much watt are produced by a Kamehameha?
Can be used as a clean source of energy to fuel engines and batteries, so reduce pollution?
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:03 am

Why is Goku Black in the Manga, so different from Goku Black in the Anime?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:04 pm

Gog wrote:Why is Goku Black in the Manga, so different from Goku Black in the Anime?
Toriyama's vague outlines I'm guessing. He clearly doesn't have much of an overall vision for the specifics so I wouldn't be surprised if in his mind Goku Black is just the new Kai he made inside Goku's body. Which is incidentally the way Toyotaro writes him: Zamasu in Goku's body which makes the existence of an actual Zamasu as his partner considerably more pointless than it already was in the anime.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Just for fun, let's retcon Trunks' transformation into Super Saiyan Hope and give Rage to Gohan. What emotion Super Saiyan assspull-forms would the other characters get?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Doctor. wrote:Just for fun, let's retcon Trunks' transformation into Super Saiyan Hope and give Rage to Gohan. What emotion Super Saiyan assspull-forms would the other characters get?
What do you think?

Vegeta: Super Saiyan pride

Goku; Super Saiyan Goku

Beerus: Super Saiyan Destruction

Freeza: Super Saiyan Self Loathing

Goten: Super Saiyan Worthless

Trunks: Super Saiyan No One Cares

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Doctor. wrote:Just for fun, let's retcon Trunks' transformation into Super Saiyan Hope and give Rage to Gohan. What emotion Super Saiyan assspull-forms would the other characters get?
Goku : super Saiyan excitement
Vegeta : super Saiyan pride
Goten : Super Saiyan appreciation
Trunks : Super Saiyan cockiness
The Goten and Trunks one are kind of bad bc it's hard to pin point an emotion for them.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 pm

TheOverlyMadHatter wrote:I recall hearing that most of the Double/Triple Feature Blu-rays are pretty shoddy in video quality, notably in their saturation and contrast, but that some are actually quite decent. Does anyone know anything about that?
Keeping in mind that it's a companion release to the Orange Bricks, the results are actually decent. It's all a bit washed and overcontrasted, but with a few exceptions, the overall detail is intact. Unless you're very picky, it's all just fine.

What's really wrong with Funimation's DB movie releases is the Japanese audio track, which is based on a low-quality source for no particular reason. I'm still not over that.
Retired.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:01 am

Whats this "Saiyan day" 3/18 I keep seeing around? is this legit? where'd it come from?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:12 am

Why are the Dragon Ball Villains designs so much better than the heroes?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:21 am

Gog wrote:Why are the Dragon Ball Villains designs so much better than the heroes?
What do you like about the villains more? Heroes and villains tend to have a somewhat defined look across all fiction. Is this a question that could be applied to other franchises as well?
Retired.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:28 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Gog wrote:Why are the Dragon Ball Villains designs so much better than the heroes?
What do you like about the villains more? Heroes and villains tend to have a somewhat defined look across all fiction. Is this a question that could be applied to other franchises as well?

It's just the design's that I prefer, they just look so much cooler than the heroes. And I will admit I am a sucker for the more inhuman and cooler designs, and yes it is something that goes across different franchises as well. I'm also a sucker for Gero's design as well.

But this does not mean I don't like the hero's design, especially in Dragon Ball. I just find the designs for the Dragon Ball Villains, to be far more creative, interesting and just simply cooler.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Anybody have clips of Fight it Out! and never give up! with Japanese credits?

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:03 am

Is Toyble a good writer?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:06 am

Gog wrote:Is Toyble a good writer?
I think he's pretty good a writing the essential aspects of Dragon Ball. However, he still has a ton of room to improve. I think that if we give him a few more years and plenty of creative freedom while also having him write in junction with Toriyama (basically, exactly what he's doing right now), I'll be able to definitively call him good.
Retired.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Do anyone thinks the form Goku used against Slug in M4 popular named as "False Super Saiyan" as the same he used against the Ginyu Force in that filler episode in Hell?

Why Toei thought Goku wasn't strong enough to defeat them in his Base form?

Do you guys have a multiplier for FSSJ?

Thoughts about this transformation?
Last edited by Noah on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?