Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Doctor. wrote:That still doesn't eliminate the bigger problem that Vegeta could go SS2 or SSB and finish it.
Given the fact it's Vegeta, you can very easily have him underestimate Magetta for a lot of it then get his shit kicked in before getting serious. Either that or simply make Magetta Blue level durable and have Vegeta burn himself out trying to brute force it only for a single insult to win it.

Also, Toriyama clearly didn't decide if 2 and 3 still exist because Vegeta just skips over 2 to introduce Blue to Cabbe, like that's the only higher level there is.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:39 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Either that or simply make Magetta Blue level durable and have Vegeta burn himself out trying to brute force it only for a single insult to win it.
I like this. We had the potential to make Goku and Vegeta ants compared to some of the other universes and yet they chose to have them be in the upper echelon of mortals from the get-go. They just wrote themselves into a corner.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Either that or simply make Magetta Blue level durable and have Vegeta burn himself out trying to brute force it only for a single insult to win it.
I like this. We had the potential to make Goku and Vegeta ants compared to some of the other universes and yet they chose to have them be in the upper echelon of mortals from the get-go. They just wrote themselves into a corner.
At least Toriyama had the good sense to drop the whole 6-10-15 scale, can you IMAGINE keeping that shit and then trying to fit in people like Toppo, Black, Jiren,... into it and keep them all beneath the Beerus?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Is there such a thing as Sleep-Singing?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:32 pm

Doctor. wrote:We had the potential to make Goku and Vegeta ants compared to some of the other universes and yet they chose to have them be in the upper echelon of mortals from the get-go. They just wrote themselves into a corner.
But making the main characters ants compared to other contestants, how would expect them to succeed in the tournament?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Doctor. wrote:
I feel like that would be disingenuous to all the hard work and talent Goku and Co have put into their martial arts. Just making them ants and having them effectively start all over on their journey from square one would be cliche and the easy way out. Actually acknowledging that, hey, these guys from this universe actually did some pretty crazy shit, but there are also guys from a couple other universes who have also been doing crazy shit so don't get too proud, is more organic.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:51 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
I feel like that would be disingenuous to all the hard work and talent Goku and Co have put into their martial arts. Just making them ants and having them effectively start all over on their journey from square one would be cliche and the easy way out. Actually acknowledging that, hey, these guys from this universe actually did some pretty crazy shit, but there are also guys from a couple other universes who have also been doing crazy shit so don't get too proud, is more organic.
You don't need to start them entirely from scratch but Goku and Vegeta already being in the elite of the multiverse is kind of a piss take that was already an issue in the U6 tournament but now in ToP it's ridiculous how easily five people can just fart and eliminate absolutely everyone there in a matter of seconds.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:43 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
Doctor. wrote: I like this. We had the potential to make Goku and Vegeta ants compared to some of the other universes and yet they chose to have them be in the upper echelon of mortals from the get-go. They just wrote themselves into a corner.
You don't need to start them entirely from scratch but Goku and Vegeta already being in the elite of the multiverse is kind of a piss take that was already an issue in the U6 tournament but now in ToP it's ridiculous how easily five people can just fart and eliminate absolutely everyone there in a matter of seconds.
Would it really be better if they had 20 people to rival them in power all at once? Focus on just one rival gets us badass characters like Hit and Jiren.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:15 pm

Noah wrote:
Doctor. wrote:We had the potential to make Goku and Vegeta ants compared to some of the other universes and yet they chose to have them be in the upper echelon of mortals from the get-go. They just wrote themselves into a corner.
But making the main characters ants compared to other contestants, how would expect them to succeed in the tournament?
I don't mean in the tournament. I mean ever since this whole multiverse thing was revealed. What you should have done is make Goku and Vegeta weaklings in the grand scheme of things (after all, that's what DBZ did) and make them work their way up. The tournament came too soon.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:09 am

nickzambuto wrote: Would it really be better if they had 20 people to rival them in power all at once? Focus on just one rival gets us badass characters like Hit and Jiren.
Giving 2 strong people a piece per universe isn't that outrageous if the show wasn't stupid and made an endgame arc into the fifth one.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:45 am

Holy crap. They *finally* spelt Goku correct on Merchandise.... :)

Wow.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Yo, how do these people be twittering up writers but not asking questions, such as what Rage is, that need to be asked

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Post by peterx » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi,

I've a quick question regarding the Resurrection of 'F' movie:
Is the 105 minutes extended edition released by Funimation or not yet?

Thank You very much! :)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:48 pm

peterx wrote:Hi,

Nope. France are the only country that have announced they're releasing it but it's been delayed until 2018. We'll probably not gonna get it for another year or so.

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Post by peterx » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
peterx wrote:Hi,

Nope. France are the only country that have announced they're releasing it but it's been delayed until 2018. We'll probably not gonna get it for another year or so.
Thank You very much for the info! :)

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Oh, you know. Thinking about it, but why was Vegetto retconned into having a one hour time limit?

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Probably to nerf him. If they didn't retcon the Potara, then Vegetto wouldn't have much of a weakness, he would just be wrecking shop all day against Zamasu.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:01 pm

So, who's faster, Dyspo or Gendry from Game of Thrones?
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:42 am

Honestly, this forum is pretty wack, and I don't even like DB that much anymore, but some of you people are pretty cool, so I think I'll start posting again. Though I doubt much of you missed me, lol.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:05 am

Boo Machine wrote:Probably to nerf him. If they didn't retcon the Potara, then Vegetto wouldn't have much of a weakness, he would just be wrecking shop all day against Zamasu.
I think it was to nerf fusion all together essentially writing it out so next time when they don't fuse it makes sense. Not only did Potara get retconned but this whole using up energy thing too, really does make fusion pointless now.