Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:37 am

jpranevich wrote:I just noticed for the first time that in DB Episode 37, while Karin is hanging out with Goku and the team at the hospital, he is flying EXACTLY like Puar. We'd never seen him fly at his tower, although I suppose a bit of
You mean DBZ surely.

jpranevich
Beyond Newbie

Post by jpranevich » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:44 am

You mean DBZ surely.
Of course! Karin didn't even show up until Ep61 of DB. Just forgot the "Z".

Even so, isn't seeing him fly face forward like Puar kinda cool? I had not noticed it before.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Seeing how the are videos on YouTube like: "See the power levels of the characters in Avengers: Infinity War"

I wonder: Has Dragon Ball started the plague?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:40 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:What do people here think of Schemmel's performance in the DB dub? I rewatched a clip from the dub a day ago, and he was surprisingly very good there.
As Teen Goku? I love it. It's higher pitched because he's younger, in a good way. Unlike later on where sounds unnatural like it does in the Super dub.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:20 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Seeing how the are videos on YouTube like: "See the power levels of the characters in Avengers: Infinity War"

I wonder: Has Dragon Ball started the plague?
I think it started long before Dragon Ball power-scale debates started.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:32 pm

I asked this question before but no one really answered me. Would you guys like it if Dragon Ball, not just Super, aired on Disney XD?
Caulifla best girl! :)

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:33 pm

majinwarman wrote:I think it started long before Dragon Ball power-scale debates started.
I thought so, but which shows? I cited DB because its popularity could have trigger this debate across other franchises.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I asked this question before but no one really answered me. Would you guys like it if Dragon Ball, not just Super, aired on Disney XD?
It wouldn't make much sense for a 80's anime to air in a today cartoons channel, but okay.

by Doctor.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:35 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
majinwarman wrote:I think it started long before Dragon Ball power-scale debates started.
I thought so, but which shows? I cited DB because its popularity could have trigger this debate across other franchises.
The comic book community had definitely one of the first ones to start the power scaling debate. Also, Star Wars was also another one as well.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Not to long ago, I had this ridiculous discussion where someone said Snoke was SSJ4 level. I finally got confirmation that he was referring to Super Saiyan 4. Apparently his point was Snoke was the in the upper echelons of power in the Star Wars universe. I was just supposed to know that's what he meant when he said a character in a completely different franchise was Super Saiyan 4 level. I've been around the DB fandom for a long time, I guarentee longer than this guy, and no one has ever put it that way (i.e. said a character was among the most powerful by saying they were SSJ4 level), completely devoid of context as if anyone would know what he meant, even a hardcore fan.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Ultra Instinct theme always felt like something I would hear in a Rocky Movie.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:51 pm

ABED wrote:Not to long ago, I had this ridiculous discussion where someone said Snoke was SSJ4 level. I finally got confirmation that he was referring to Super Saiyan 4. Apparently his point was Snoke was the in the upper echelons of power in the Star Wars universe. I was just supposed to know that's what he meant when he said a character in a completely different franchise was Super Saiyan 4 level. I've been around the DB fandom for a long time, I guarentee longer than this guy, and no one has ever put it that way (i.e. said a character was among the most powerful by saying they were SSJ4 level), completely devoid of context as if anyone would know what he meant, even a hardcore fan.
lol that's hilarious

I mean it's fine to discuss about battle powers about a specific franchise, but it's non sense to use other series characters as parameters.

by Doctor.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:53 pm

jeffbr92 wrote: I mean it's fine to discuss about battle powers about a specific franchise, but it's non sense to use other series characters as parameters.
Goku vs Superman bets anyone lol

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:12 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I asked this question before but no one really answered me. Would you guys like it if Dragon Ball, not just Super, aired on Disney XD?
It wouldn't make much sense for a 80's anime to air in a today cartoons channel, but okay.
They used to run marathons of old Power Rangers episodes, so it's not like "older than the 2000s" and "not an American cartoon" are completely out of place on the channel.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Why didnt you make a thread Dragon Ball Gus? That could have been epic!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 am

A bit of a technical question: Instant Transmission brings the user and everyone connected to the user to a specific energy signal, or however you want to phrase it. But if this group of connected people has two or more Instant Transmission users, and all of them use the technique at the exact same time towards different destinations, what happens?
Does the group get split up evenly, one part per destination? Does the strongest user "win"? Do they all end up at a point in space which is the "centre" of the destinations?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:50 am

It's 2018 and I can't believe that there are still people out there that think Piccolo's name comes from pickle.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Michsi wrote:It's 2018 and I can't believe that there are still people out there that think Piccolo's name comes from pickle.
I mean, King Piccolo's children are named Piano, Drum, Tambourine, etc. I think the naming convention is pretty clear. But then again, who actually watched the original Dragon Ball? Many people started with Z and never looked back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:57 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Michsi wrote:It's 2018 and I can't believe that there are still people out there that think Piccolo's name comes from pickle.
I mean, King Piccolo's children are named Piano, Drum, Tambourine, etc. I think the naming convention is pretty clear. But then again, who actually watched the original Dragon Ball? Many people started with Z and never looked back.
To be fair, the piccolo isn't the most well-known instrument out there, at least compared to the piano, drum etc. I certainly had never heard of it before, but knew it was the Italian word for "small." But this was yeeeeaaaaaars ago. Everybody should know by now what name puns are based on.

I've seen this pickle thing twice last week on twitter and I'm starting to get worried.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:53 pm

So, here's something that's been bugging me. Why does Vegeta share the same name as his father? More importantly, if his father was named Vegeta, shouldn't that make him Vegeta Jr.?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:51 pm

If Goku got his potential unlocked by Elder Kai after he TOP, would Goku be able to use Ultra Instinct in base/ultimate form, since at the moment it seems that MUI is the absolute limit of his potential (for now)?