Official Favorite Characters Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Official Favorite Characters Thread

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:46 pm

First, reviving this thread once again!

Second, I'm sure many of us will have to update our lists with the Future Trunks Zamasu Arc characters. I know I will. I'm having a very hard time deciding whether I like Black or Zamasu more than the other. What about you guys?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 am

There seems to be multiple threads for favorite characters so I just picked the most recent one I could find.

Here are my Top 5 (this does not include new characters introduced in Super):

1. Yamcha - He is relatable to me and I find him quite endearing despite him getting the short end of the stick constantly. I see the potential in him and it hurts to see it squandered from Day 1.
2. Son Goku - I grew up with Dragon Ball so this character has meant a lot to me. My earliest memories of the show have him facing off against Frieza. I like his carefree personality too.
3. Son Gohan (Jr.)(?) - I always found a good amount of potential in him that didn't ultimately pay off in the Buu arc. That being said, I love his development in the Saiyan arc.
4. Piccolo - I enjoyed seeing him turn from a character bent on world domination to a protector of the Earth and how Gohan changed him.
5. Kuririn - Love his interactions with Goku in the early days of Dragon Ball and also wish to see him do more.
6. Tenshinhan - Loved him back when he was a villain-turned-good. His scenes in the Piccolo Daimao arc are among my favorites.
7. Freeza - Not much to be said. My favorite villain and he had a memorable fight with Goku.
8. Videl - Love her relationship with Gohan.
9. Vegeta - This one used to be my favorite as a kid... but re-watching the series when I got older made me dislike him enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Enjoyable enough for Top 10 tho.
10. Son Goten - I enjoy his interactions with his Gohan (unfortunately, there isn't a lot of it outside filler).
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:28 am

GamerSkull wrote:There seems to be multiple threads for favorite characters so I just picked the most recent one I could find.

Here are my Top 5 (this does not include new characters introduced in Super):

1. Yamcha - He is relatable to me and I find him quite endearing despite him getting the short end of the stick constantly. I see the potential in him and it hurts to see it squandered from Day 1.
2. Son Goku - I grew up with Dragon Ball so this character has meant a lot to me. My earliest memories of the show have him facing off against Frieza. I like his carefree personality too.
3. Son Gohan (Jr.)(?) - I always found a good amount of potential in him that didn't ultimately pay off in the Buu arc. That being said, I love his development in the Saiyan arc.
4. Piccolo - I enjoyed seeing him turn from a character bent on world domination to a protector of the Earth and how Gohan changed him.
5. Kuririn - Love his interactions with Goku in the early days of Dragon Ball and also wish to see him do more.
6. Tenshinhan - Loved him back when he was a villain-turned-good. His scenes in the Piccolo Daimao arc are among my favorites.
7. Freeza - Not much to be said. My favorite villain and he had a memorable fight with Goku.
8. Videl - Love her relationship with Gohan.
9. Vegeta - This one used to be my favorite as a kid... but re-watching the series when I got older made me dislike him enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Enjoyable enough for Top 10 tho.
10. Son Goten - I enjoy his interactions with his Gohan (unfortunately, there isn't a lot of it outside filler).
It seems like I completely forgot about Future Trunks. I'd put him in above Videl at #8. Making her #9 and Vegeta #10.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"