Rarest Dragon Ball dubs

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Re: Rarest Dragon Ball dubs

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Thé rarest dub is for me thé original broadcast for dragon ball only or thé 2011 french uncut dub d'or dbgt with all title ans next episode preview

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:11 am

HakkaiBills93 wrote:Thé rarest dub is for me thé original broadcast for dragon ball only or thé 2011 french uncut dub d'or dbgt with all title ans next episode preview
What 2011 French dub?

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:47 pm

sangofe wrote:
HakkaiBills93 wrote:Thé rarest dub is for me thé original broadcast for dragon ball only or thé 2011 french uncut dub d'or dbgt with all title ans next episode preview
What 2011 French dub?
it's the same dub as dvd one but it's the only airing that include all next episode preview dub in french and with all the episode title dubbed in french

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:20 pm

I faintly remember finding a YouTube video of a Mandarin/Cantonese dub of DBZ. I couldn't tell if it was a fandub or not, but I do remember reading some of the comments where it was mentioned that most of the names were literally pronounced from their Chinese source material (aka. Journey to the West)

Oh, and I think I may have seen a Catalan dub... according to the comments.

Would these count as rare?
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:34 pm

The original Mexican dub, can't find much of it or DVDs/VHS "if there's a complete set link me"
Harmony Gold.
Southeast Asian Dub, I know DB exists but dunno about Z or GT
Ocean Dub post Season 3, since a release doesn't exist some fans have released links but I can't find em anymore.
Bluewater DB and GT dubs (no release)

Original Cantonese dub.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Ocean Dub post Season 3, since a release doesn't exist some fans have released links but I can't find em anymore.
Bluewater DB and GT dubs (no release)
They're out there. I've found links in the past to downloads of the full runs. The quality is all over the place though, and most are rather poor, unfortunately.

I really hope higher-quality rips turn up sometime, particularly for Blue Water's GT, which I still maintain was a really good dub overall, which gets an undeserved bad rep over a couple of odd voice casting choices.

I think the only chance the Ocean Z 108-276, and the two Blue Water dubs have of an official release is if Manga UK decide to do something. And I think if this did happen as things are now, I think the two Blue Water dubs would be more likely than Z, since both of those are full-series dubs, while Z only covers episodes 108-276. Even if you include the Saban run of episodes 1-53, that still leaves episodes 54-107 to be filled in, and I doubt Funimation would be very receptive to having their OG dub re-released alongside the Ocean dubs.
Because DB and GT are rather niche on their own, I think those would be rather hard to justify, so I can't really see DVDs of these dubs happening in a vacuum.

However, I think in the event that Ocean Kai started airing here in the UK, and it was successful enough that the Boo arc was on its way, but might not hit the air for a while, I could just about imagine Manga UK taking this opportuntity to acquire the Boo arc of Westwood Z and put it out on DVD. It would be unlikely, but possible. A more likely version of events if Ocean were able to do the Boo arc, but there was a gap before Super, would be Manga UK putting out Blue Water's GT on DVD to provide the alternate follow-up to Z. Since half of the Blue Water cast were soundalikes for the Ocean cast(And pretty damn good ones, to be honest), I could imagine this working out pretty well for Manga UK, although still not a particularly likely turn of events.

Ultimately, I don't think this will happen. Hell, I'm doubtful Ocean Kai will air over here, and this entire speculation hinges on that, so this is all pretty much doomed from the get-go, unfortunately.
There is always the possibility that will never happen that if/when Ocean Kai airs in Canada, Funimation make some kind of deal to cater to the Canadian fans and get some of this material on DVD over there in some Rock The Dragon-type box set releases. Given Funimation's history of apathy for the Ocean dub though, this is almost certainly nothing more than a pipe dream.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:53 am

Gonstead wrote:
Danfun64 wrote:
Gonstead wrote: I'm pretty sure it would be based off the uncut home release since Dead Zone and World's Strongest are also the same.
Remember that Toonami made edited versions of the uncut Dead Zone and World's Strongest dubs (Rock the Dragon opening and closing, but Kikuchi OST intact) and used the Saban dub for Tree of Might. These same versions are the ones used in the Rock the Dragon DVD set.
Better late than never considering this topic got revived.

I checked my copies of the Hindi dub for M1 and M2 and it looks like they are indeed the edited versions. They don't have the openings but they do both end with Rock the Dragon (M1 uses the uncut version dubbed into Hindi that they also used for the series while M2 simply uses the shortened end credits version overlayed over the sped up movie footage with unedited English credits).

So there definitely could be a chance that a Hindi dub version of the Saban Tree of Might exists. If it does, it'll be a bugger to track down especially since I'm pretty sure I remember I was lucky enough to even find the first two movies in Hindi.
Since this thread is still alive, I should mention I found out on another anime site I visit that a Hindi dub does indeed exist for Movie 3. As I had hoped it turns out it was based off the 1997 Saban version. Although some scenes seem to have a few moments of silence in them, unlike in the Saban dub where Ron Wasserman's BGM is always on nonstop. I suspect the reason for this may just be because of an error from the encoder, since the audio was clearly synced to the Rock the Dragon Edition footage.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub