BoG, F, PtEtSS & EoB getting steelbook release by Kazé in France.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bansho64
I Live Here

Re: Bog, R. F. Extended, P.T.E.T.S.S, and E.O.B getting released in a steelbox by Kazé in France.

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:59 pm

YES! FINALLY!!!
I freaking love the French cast right now and it's about time that those OVAs get dubbed by them. I can't wait to hear how Bardock's gonna sound. I wonder if it's his Kai actor who's doing it. I think it's Patrick Borg right? The same guy who does Goku?
Either way, all aboard the frickin' hype train!

I think I just broke a blood vessel......

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Bog, R. F. Extended, P.T.E.T.S.S, and E.O.B getting released in a steelbox by Kazé in France.

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:38 pm

Bansho64 wrote:YES! FINALLY!!!
I freaking love the French cast right now and it's about time that those OVAs get dubbed by them. I can't wait to hear how Bardock's gonna sound. I wonder if it's his Kai actor who's doing it. I think it's Patrick Borg right? The same guy who does Goku?
Either way, all aboard the frickin' hype train!

I think I just broke a blood vessel......
Huh, you really like Borg's Goku? I loved most of DBZ's old voices - but some of the recasts for Kai's been pretty bad in addition to Borg's Gokû (he's just smoked way too much and this affected his voice).

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:45 pm

sangofe wrote: Huh, you really like Borg's Goku? I loved most of DBZ's old voices - but some of the recasts for Kai's been pretty bad in addition to Borg's Gokû (he's just smoked way too much and this affected his voice).
His Goku's aight. It's a little too deep for my tastes. I do agree with you that a lot of the older voices were better.
I'd rather have Brigitte Lecordier do him as an adult though currently. Eric Legrand's Vegeta has been fantastic though.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:55 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
sangofe wrote: Huh, you really like Borg's Goku? I loved most of DBZ's old voices - but some of the recasts for Kai's been pretty bad in addition to Borg's Gokû (he's just smoked way too much and this affected his voice).
His Goku's aight. It's a little too deep for my tastes. I do agree with you that a lot of the older voices were better.
I'd rather have Brigitte Lecordier do him as an adult though currently. Eric Legrand's Vegeta has been fantastic though.
Yeah, he's a darn fine Vegeta. I really like Piccolo, Freeza, Gohan, Boo, too. Actually, I like all the voices in DBZ Kai except Goku and Cell's. I dislike Goku's so much that I wish he'd be recast. But that will never happen. Lecordier doing adult Goku would be... interesting but I think too strange.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:01 pm

sangofe wrote: Yeah, he's a darn fine Vegeta. I really like Piccolo, Freeza, Gohan, Boo, too. Actually, I like all the voices in DBZ Kai except Goku and Cell's. I dislike Goku's so much that I wish he'd be recast. But that will never happen. Lecordier doing adult Goku would be... interesting but I think too strange.
Well, I won't knock it until I've heard it. But, yeah, a recast would be great.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Dang, all the recent animations except for the Jump Super Anime Tour Special. Still, I do like the idea of bundling all of these together. Hopefully Funi does something similar, though probably not considering they enjoy milking the series for all it's worth. If anything, I could see a US release bundling the two Jump specials and nothing more.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:13 pm

I think Patrick Borg's still great as Goku. The whole French cast is great, with all new additions being better than before (Videl, Trunks, Krilin, Cell...).

As for Brigitte Lecordier voicing adult Goku, it's already been done in Dragon Ball GT (in a flashback showing Goku's training with Oob, I think). It just doesn't work.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:13 am

Cold Skin wrote:I think Patrick Borg's still great as Goku. The whole French cast is great, with all new additions being better than before (Videl, Trunks, Krilin, Cell...).

As for Brigitte Lecordier voicing adult Goku, it's already been done in Dragon Ball GT (in a flashback showing Goku's training with Oob, I think). It just doesn't work.
Cell in DBZ was vastly superior to the new Cell! The old Cell sounded quite a bit like Wakamoto. As for Videl... I don't know, I liked the old voice, too. Trunks I prefer to old voice, Kuririn I actually prefer to old voice, too. The new one is too dark.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:03 am

If not mistaken didn't Brigitte Lecordier voice adult Goku in the last 21 episodes of Dragon Ball?
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:21 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote:If not mistaken didn't Brigitte Lecordier voice adult Goku in the last 21 episodes of Dragon Ball?
Yes and according to this (http://doublagefrancophone.lebonforum.c ... -1986-1997), Patrick Borg didn't participate until DBZ's episode 1. Goku was voiced by Thierry Redler in the first episodes of Z and then Borg would voice him in the rest of the series.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:43 am

Cold Skin wrote:I think Patrick Borg's still great as Goku. The whole French cast is great, with all new additions being better than before (Videl, Trunks, Krilin, Cell...).

I'm actually kinda conflicted. I know I said yesterday that I like most of the old voices but, I don't know now. I rewatched a little bit of Kai and I honestly might like the new ones better. Patrick Borg's voice is still a bit deep but I think that's more of me not listening to it consistently. So I'm not very used to it.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:40 am

Bansho64 wrote:

I'm actually kinda conflicted. I know I said yesterday that I like most of the old voices but, I don't know now. I rewatched a little bit of Kai and I honestly might like the new ones better. Patrick Borg's voice is still a bit deep but I think that's more of me not listening to it consistently. So I'm not very used to it.
Most of the new ones better? For example? I honestly have a hard time understanding how anyone can like the new Cell voice over the old one. Oh, and also the old narrator was miles better. Unfortuately they had to be recasted due to passing away...

genjosanzo8
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by genjosanzo8 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:03 am

sangofe wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:

Most of the new ones better? For example? I honestly have a hard time understanding how anyone can like the new Cell voice over the old one. Oh, and also the old narrator was miles better. Unfortuately they had to be recasted due to passing away...
cell old french voice show better the monster side of cell like the japanese one, the new one show better "human" part of cell that's why it sound not "good" for me
i really like old french voice even if the dub is pathetic...so sad that traduction was not good

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: BoG, "F" (Extended), PtEtSS & EoB getting steelbook release by Kazé in France.

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:08 am

For Cell, it's simple: the old voice sounded like an old man grumbling.
I see Cell as being as young as Goku. Hence the fact that Goku having a 30 years-old voice should imply that Cell has a 30 years-old voice to face him, as Cell is sort of a twisted mirror image of Goku for me, looking for a good challenge, which is obvious when they face each other.

So Cell's new voice just give him the charisma of the young-but-way-into-the-adult-age, 30-years-old voice that Goku has in French. It's a complete success to me, just because he has a voice that actually fits how old (in human equivalent) he seems to be physically, meaning similar to Goku.
Not sounding like an old man anymore is a success.

-------------------------------------

On another subject, I wanna say that it's good living in France for Dragon Ball fans: we definately have editors that are interested in getting everything about Dragon Ball, whether it's the anime publishers or the manga publishers. We sort of get mostly everything that's released in Japan, and sometimes things that are not even available in Japan right now (I don't think the extended version of "F" or the Blu-ray versions of both EoB and PtEtSS are out there yet).

Kanzenban (Perfect Edition) of the manga, all Anime Comics, spin-offs like Jaco and Dragon Ball SD, Dragon Ball Kai, Dragon Ball Super (currently dubbed for the anime and Glénat saying they are obviously interested in releasing Super), the movies...
Sure, we are still missing a few things or late about them (no 2008 special, no Daizenshuu vol.2-3-4-5 and no full-color manga yet), but we do have a lot of Dragon Ball products made available for us, sometimes very quickly.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: BoG, "F" (Extended), PtEtSS & EoB getting steelbook release by Kazé in France.

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:31 am

Is this still scheduled to be released this month? Any new info on this?

EDIT: Wow, it's been delayed until June...

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:44 am

Cold Skin wrote:For Cell, it's simple: the old voice sounded like an old man grumbling.
I see Cell as being as young as Goku. Hence the fact that Goku having a 30 years-old voice should imply that Cell has a 30 years-old voice to face him, as Cell is sort of a twisted mirror image of Goku for me, looking for a good challenge, which is obvious when they face each other.

So Cell's new voice just give him the charisma of the young-but-way-into-the-adult-age, 30-years-old voice that Goku has in French. It's a complete success to me, just because he has a voice that actually fits how old (in human equivalent) he seems to be physically, meaning similar to Goku.
Not sounding like an old man anymore is a success.
I really, really liked the old Cell voice because it sounded close to Wakamoto. And the delivery was very fitting.

Luso Saiyan wrote:Is this still scheduled to be released this month? Any new info on this?

EDIT: Wow, it's been delayed until June...
Yes, because Toei are being difficult about the extended version as they didn't even plan on releasing it in Japan.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:51 pm

sangofe wrote:Yes, because Toei are being difficult about the extended version as they didn't even plan on releasing it in Japan.
Was that the reason? It's not like other countries didn't get certain stuff before Japan.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:30 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:
sangofe wrote:Yes, because Toei are being difficult about the extended version as they didn't even plan on releasing it in Japan.
Was that the reason? It's not like other countries didn't get certain stuff before Japan.
Yes, that's the reason.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:40 am

Welp, I just remembered this existed. Looks like it's been delayed though, that's a shame. I'm jumping on this release the second it's out there, it's probably the only release of this material we'll ever get. I may even decide to learn French while I'm at it.
Retired.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu May 18, 2017 11:40 am

Delayed again to September 20. Welp...