Most Morally Reprehensible Character in DragonBall?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

keyz05
Beyond Newbie

Most Morally Reprehensible Character in DragonBall?

Post by keyz05 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:43 pm

Who do you guys think is the most morally reprehensible character in the series? It can be from the movies, video games, and etc.

My picks are:
-Black & Zamasu
-Demigra
-Frieza
-Buu
-Cell

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Most Morally Reprehensible Character in DragonBall?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:53 pm

What was that rich guy in the Cell Arc filler's name? The one who made that shelter and wouldn't let poor people in?

I'm going with that guy.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Freeza. That guy went on a total rampage on Namek, killing anything that had a pulse, just because he could.

Those two humans that go on a killing spree during Majin Boo's rampage were also fucking despicable. I mean, using a sniper rifle to shoot a puppy!? That legit got me furious when I first watch the episode as a kid.

EDIT: Now that I think about, those two humans who went postal when Majin Boo was wiping out everyone are probably the worst.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:15 pm

Definitely those guys who went on a killing spree during the Boo Saga simply because they were afraid they may die soon. They fucking shot a puppy!! :evil:

But behind them either Freeza or Cell... leaning more towards Freeza because it's hard to determine if Cell is truly evil or it's just programming logic and Freeza's a coward at heart.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Raditz wanted to kill his own brother and nephew.

Family's, like, sacred, dude.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Yeah, I'm going to have to share the choice of those two guys who went on a killing spree in the buu saga.

Which may be odd in a universe where we have cosmic like beings who blow up planets for fun. But there you go. It might be because they are also humans mowing down old people.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:51 pm

I don't see how those guys' crimes were worse than Freeza's. He killed people for fun as well.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Frieza. He knew what he was doing was wrong but did it anyway.

Yes, Zamasu/Black and Buu ALSO went on genocides, but the former thought it was for the greater good and the latter had no understanding of human morals.

Frieza enslaves entire worlds, commits multiple genocides to further his own goals, kills his own henchmen for seemingly no reason(Seriously though, you're going to kill Zarbon, one of your most loyal men, for a situation YOU caused?) and enjoys torturing non-threats for fun.

He's been given TWO chances to have a moral change, but chose not to, whilst Buu became good and under different circumstances perhaps Zamasu would have accepted mortals for their flaws. Frieza knows what he's doing is considered evil but doesn't give a damn.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Commander Red's army under his authority were willing to kill and wipe out anyone who got in their way. He hired a Mercenary in Tao to kill a child, made innocent people work for hours on end to find the Dragonballs, and didn't care what Tao did to get the job done (killed Bora).

Red did all of this just to gain a few inches in height. I mean talk about a pathetically ridiculous ambition to have. Extremely insecure.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Dolltaki. He's a child molester. Done. I mean, at least Blue had the excuse of his scene being filler and thusly not necessarily being what Toriyama had in mind.

Freeza and the two killer guys from the Boo arc are up there, though.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Doctor Gero.

He kidnaps people against their will, does horrible experiments on them, tries to take over their minds, and is responsible for the near annihilation of the entire human race (in Future Trunks's timeline).

Moreover, he didn't even do this for personal gain or some self righteous cause.

All of these things he did to get revenge on Goku because he took out the Red Ribbon Army, [spoiler]which would have petered out anyway once everyone realized the true goal was to make Red taller.[/spoiler]
-Laserkid

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:24 pm

laserkid wrote:Doctor Gero.

He kidnaps people against their will, does horrible experiments on them, tries to take over their minds, and is responsible for the near annihilation of the entire human race (in Future Trunks's timeline).

Moreover, he didn't even do this for personal gain or some self righteous cause.

All of these things he did to get revenge on Goku because he took out the Red Ribbon Army, [spoiler]which would have petered out anyway once everyone realized the true goal was to make Red taller.[/spoiler]
Gero's a pretty good choice actually. He managed to be responsible for countless deaths in Trunks Timeline.

Although if we take Toriyama's note about #16 seriously, it's a little easier to understand why Gero was so hell bent on killing Goku. That takes a little venom out of his tail, at least for me personally.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:36 pm

Goku didnt kill his son in Canon, that is something added by Team Four Star,
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:50 am

Know the article's changed at times, but these guys are pretty despicable.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:55 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Goku didnt kill his son in Canon, that is something added by Team Four Star,
Ok, sorry, what? When did that ever happen in TFS? And why did you bring this up? WHAT?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:00 am

I brought it up because that guy implied he had more sympathy for Dr Gero now that he learned Goku killed his son. But eh didnt, that was a Team Four Star thing.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:19 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I brought it up because that guy implied he had more sympathy for Dr Gero now that he learned Goku killed his son. But eh didnt, that was a Team Four Star thing.
No you're right, apparently Gero's son actually fell to an enemy's bullet. Well, that absolve's Goku then.

...the canon then makes less sense. Why does Gero have a hatred for Goku for destroying the army that got his son killed?
Favourite User quote:

"Fuck."

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:47 am

- Freeza: He will torture you to death, while smiling whole time, knowing full well he is in full control.
- Two men from Buu Saga: I despise "people" who use war and/or anarchy as excuse to steal and murder, i hope Shenron labeled them as evil, and didn't revive them.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:48 am

Although if we take Toriyama's note about #16 seriously, it's a little easier to understand why Gero was so hell bent on killing Goku. That takes a little venom out of his tail, at least for me personally.
Why is the death of Dr. Gero's child a better motive? The death of a child isn't a magic bullet for creating character motivation. That's what hack writers do.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Doctor. wrote:Raditz wanted to kill his own brother and nephew.

Family's, like, sacred, dude.
Goku wanted to kill Raditz first when Raditz only wanted his lil bro back.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.