New digital manga focused on... Yamcha?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: New digital manga focused on... Yamcha?

Post by precita » Sun May 07, 2017 3:24 pm

He should do the same thing Future Trunks did in that he should kill Babidi and Dabura before they have a chance at reviving Buu.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun May 07, 2017 3:55 pm

I just wish This guys did the Super manga,his style and humour is fun to look at,is just a shame is only 3 chapters long,I wish it was 5 or 6 chapter.
    I'm eager for a translation.
    Last edited by The gr on Sun May 07, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Mostly active on discord.

Kanassa
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun May 07, 2017 3:56 pm

This isn't a manga focused on Yamcha, it's a manga focused on some guy in Yamcha's body.
    When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
    FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
    - FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Chuquita
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 07, 2017 4:40 pm

So what's everyone's guess on who the other reincarnated character is? I'm guessing Tenshinhan.
    My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
    ---
    フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jinzoningen MULE
    I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun May 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Chuquita wrote:So what's everyone's guess on who the other reincarnated character is? I'm guessing Tenshinhan.
    I'm really hoping from Chouzu, but that's too good to be true.
    Retired.

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 08, 2017 5:20 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:How I wish this guy was writing and drawing the Super manga.
    He has been heavily edited though, the long delay and the fact he tweeted that most of the original work was changed and or rejected. I am not sure that Toyotaro is edited to that extent if at all, at least it feels that he isn't.

ekrolo2
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
    He has been heavily edited though, the long delay and the fact he tweeted that most of the original work was changed and or rejected. I am not sure that Toyotaro is edited to that extent if at all, at least it feels that he isn't.
    It's kind of hard to know if the changes were for the worse or better since I don't believe the exact details were revealed but a good editor is probably something Toriyama and Toyotaro desperately need.
    When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 08, 2017 5:36 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
    Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
    It's kind of hard to know if the changes were for the worse or better since I don't believe the exact details were revealed but a good editor is probably something Toriyama and Toyotaro desperately need.
    The Trunks arc and this current arc have been much much better than the U6 arc and "F" and we know editorial coaxed him into the Trunks arc and I think they may have done so for the U.S arc aswell (well it felt that way up until the recent spoilers... ) with the fact that they made Super into like a 2.0 version with a new aesthetic etc, it does seem Toriyama's better work is when he is given ideas. Toyo 100% needs to get editor-ed hard his work is becoming so sloppy not just writing wise.

ekrolo2
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
    ekrolo2 wrote:
    Baggie_Saiyan wrote: He has been heavily edited though, the long delay and the fact he tweeted that most of the original work was changed and or rejected. I am not sure that Toyotaro is edited to that extent if at all, at least it feels that he isn't.
    The Trunks arc and this current arc have been much much better than the U6 arc and "F" and we know editorial coaxed him into the Trunks arc and I think they may have done so for the U.S arc aswell (well it felt that way up until the recent spoilers... ) with the fact that they made Super into like a 2.0 version with a new aesthetic etc, it does seem Toriyama's better work is when he is given ideas. Toyo 100% needs to get editor-ed hard his work is becoming so sloppy not just writing wise.
    His editor must've slipped into a coma cause Future Trunks arc goes to shit in the last stretch and The Tournament of Power arc isn't much better than anything U6 writing wise, it's majoratively the aesthetic stuff and vastly improved fight scenes that're helping it along.
    When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ThatFanaticJackatoo

Post by ThatFanaticJackatoo » Tue May 09, 2017 12:59 am

This shall be fun to read

Gog
    I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue May 09, 2017 2:28 am

Please no.

Honestly, I disliked this chapter, besides the Bingo Joke which made me lightly chuckle the entire chapter just left me feeling really bored, and I could never shake off the feeling of how fan-ficy this whole chapter was. Going and doing all of the training Goku did and even going to Namek just didn't feel right. Even mentioning Beerus to distract Vegeta felt wrong in this part of the story.

There's also the fact that Yamcha just doesn't contribute in any meaningful way beyond surface level. The Saibaman die, Nappa dies, Goku gets beaten to a fucking pulp like usual, and Vegeta escapes somehow. The only real difference is he removes all of the parts of the Saiyan Arc that make it good; by having Piccolo, Tien, and Chazou surviving. Thus, removing all of the emotional moments, and depth the arc once had.

I'm not sure if the editors improved or worsened this story, as we don't have enough details to make any judgements. So I'm going to say that it's best if he gets free reign for the finial part.

mute_proxy
    Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue May 09, 2017 3:50 am

This guy has the most Toriyamaesque style I've ever seen. Would be amazing if he were to draw Super. But considering that his chapters come out so slow, I'm not sure if he could handle a monthly schedule

Cipher
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue May 09, 2017 1:43 pm

mute_proxy wrote:This guy has the most Toriyamaesque style I've ever seen. Would be amazing if he were to draw Super. But considering that his chapters come out so slow, I'm not sure if he could handle a monthly schedule
    Yeah, I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves when suggesting he'd be a better pick than Toyotaro. The art he's produced for this spin-off is incredible, but he has complete control over the script/pacing, and it comes out on a roughly ... quarterly? ... schedule.

The nature of Super's pacing often forces Toyotaro to work nearly twice as many panels into a single page as Toriyama would (or, in this case, Dragon Garow Lee would), meaning the art takes a hit, and it comes out monthly. Super may not look quite as slick, but Toyotaro is a capable character-writer and obviously some sort of efficiency monster, if not quite on the level of premier weekly manga-illustrators.

ekrolo2
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Cipher wrote:
    mute_proxy wrote:This guy has the most Toriyamaesque style I've ever seen. Would be amazing if he were to draw Super. But considering that his chapters come out so slow, I'm not sure if he could handle a monthly schedule
    Yeah, I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves when suggesting he'd be a better pick than Toyotaro. The art he's produced for this spin-off is incredible, but he has complete control over the script/pacing, and it comes out on a roughly ... quarterly? ... schedule.

The nature of Super's pacing often forces Toyotaro to work nearly twice as many panels into a single page as Toriyama would (or, in this case, Dragon Garow Lee would), meaning the art takes a hit, and it comes out monthly. Super may not look quite as slick, but Toyotaro is a capable character-writer and obviously some sort of efficiency monster, if not quite on the level of premier weekly manga-illustrators.
    Weren't the delays due in part to his ideas being rejected and thus requiring more time to get completed?

Jinzoningen MULE
    I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 09, 2017 3:23 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
    Cipher wrote:

Weren't the delays due in part to his ideas being rejected and thus requiring more time to get completed?
    He did mention that some of his ideas were rejected, yes.
    Retired.

FortuneSSJ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue May 09, 2017 5:04 pm

-Chapter 2-

Lee really makes Toyotaro pale in comparison when it comes to art and painel composition.

Goku telling Yamcha he's counting on him felt like a milestone.

Yamcha training with Nail was unexpected, but that plot twist in the end holy fuck! I would love if the other reincarnated guy turn out to be Toriyama.

Two awesome chapters in a row. Hard to say each one I liked the most.
    Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Tue May 09, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mnich
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Tue May 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Man, I love this manga, even if it's so damn short. I'm pretty sure that the second reincarnated character is Krillin.

Jaetinh
    Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Tue May 09, 2017 5:57 pm

I fucking love this! I can't wait to read the translation.

I was scrolling through his Twitter and he posted this drawing last week:

Obviously not happening but damn. I really wanted this to happen. Damn it, just damn it. (I can't read Japanese but I'm assuming this is a drawing of Goku asking Yamcha to join the U7 team.)

Krillin1994
    Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:11 pm

The other person needs to be someone in Mr Satan's body.

Cipher
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue May 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Jaetinh wrote:(I can't read Japanese but I'm assuming this is a drawing of Goku asking Yamcha to join the U7 team.)
    "Lend me your power!! Yamcha!!"
    "All right!!"