New digital manga focused on... Yamcha?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: New digital manga focused on... Yamcha?

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:57 pm

sangofe wrote:If this room recruits further, I really hope they'd recruit Malik and eventually release his DBNA, although I don't see that happening as he's not japanese.
I hadn't even thought of that but Malik would definitely be a good addition to the DB Room.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:I'm amazed they didn't draw the whole thing in the god awful Yamamuro style or Cell/Buu arc style (which, for some reason, every fan draws it that way...). Instead, the artist actually replicated the art from each era! That's amazing! They have collar bones :lol: (they disappeared somewhere in the Cyborg arc, although, I'm not sure exactly when). They have the black noses rather than the huge honkers they have had since the Cell arc! Amazing.
I don't think he replicated it intentionally. That's just the artist's style, he's stuck at the Saiyan arc.
Not exactly. Look at how he drew the hair, head shape, eyes, muscles, and clothing wrinkles in the early Dragon Ball portion. The artist was clearly imitating that era's style. So cool.

Other Dragon Ball artists can learn from this. Really. Stop Drawing in the Yamamuro/Cell/Buu arc styles for EVERYTHING. They have their place, but so does the other stuff.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Even the story of how this manga was conceived is great:
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/825369256346820608

BTW,shouldn't the second chapter be released these week?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Majin Jator wrote:Even the story of how this manga was conceived is great:
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/825369256346820608

BTW,shouldn't the second chapter be released these week?
That's am interesting read..
Especially how it came to existence, dunk a beer and ideas start flowing :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:38 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Attitudefan wrote: I don't think he replicated it intentionally. That's just the artist's style, he's stuck at the Saiyan arc.
Not exactly. Look at how he drew the hair, head shape, eyes, muscles, and clothing wrinkles in the early Dragon Ball portion. The artist was clearly imitating that era's style. So cool.

Other Dragon Ball artists can learn from this. Really. Stop Drawing in the Yamamuro/Cell/Buu arc styles for EVERYTHING. They have their place, but so does the other stuff.
I've always hated how everyone who draws Dragon Ball always draws in the later art styles. Akira Toriyama's old art style was way better, and that's what I draw in.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:21 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Attitudefan wrote: I don't think he replicated it intentionally. That's just the artist's style, he's stuck at the Saiyan arc.

I've always hated how everyone who draws Dragon Ball always draws in the later art styles. Akira Toriyama's old art style was way better, and that's what I draw in.
Actually I've heard everyone say it, but what is the difference's between the styles?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:52 am

Can anyone tell me when the next issue of this manga is going to be realesed
Mostly active on discord.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:34 pm

The gr wrote:Can anyone tell me when the next issue of this manga is going to be realesed
We don't know. Last month, dragongarowlee said, "...I'll try and have the next installment out by next month". That's all we have to go on.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Gog wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Not exactly. Look at how he drew the hair, head shape, eyes, muscles, and clothing wrinkles in the early Dragon Ball portion. The artist was clearly imitating that era's style. So cool.

Actually I've heard everyone say it, but what is the difference's between the styles?
The old style is rounder and gives an old-cartoony feeling with hints of old Japanese prints. The newer style is darker and gives more of a sci-fi impression than the old one.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:34 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Gog wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:
The old style is rounder and gives an old-cartoony feeling with hints of old Japanese prints. The newer style is darker and gives more of a sci-fi impression than the old one.
Ah, what's the difference's between the Freeza to the Cell to the buu? Because I do know the difference's between Dragon ball, and Dragon Ball z

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:04 pm

Gog wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:
Gog wrote:
Ah, what's the difference's between the Freeza to the Cell to the buu? Because I do know the difference's between Dragon ball, and Dragon Ball z
Frieza arc's art style still retains many remnants of the original Dragon Ball's style, but loses them gradually towards the end until they disappear completely with Cell's arrival on the scene. The new art style is still in its infancy in the Cell arc and so it changes somewhat in the Buu arc, and solidifies by the end.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:06 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Gog wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:
Frieza arc's art style still retains many remnants of the original Dragon Ball's style, but loses them gradually towards the end until they disappear completely with Cell's arrival on the scene. The new art style is still in its infancy in the Cell arc and so it changes somewhat in the Buu arc, and solidifies by the end.
Huh, thanks for clarifying that. Didn't really know that

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:43 am

I wonder how the rest of the Frieza Saga will go for Yamcha, with his potential unlocked he'll be stronger than Krillin and I'd imagine he will get Battle Armor from Vegeta like Gohan and Krillin, cant wait to see him in it.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun May 07, 2017 12:26 pm

The second chapter is out and looks really good! Not!Yamcha really did his homework, but [spoiler]he and Gokû still weren't enough to kill Vegeta.[/spoiler]

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/dragongarowL ... 6472847360
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun May 07, 2017 1:23 pm

He also messed up the timeline

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun May 07, 2017 1:37 pm

How I wish this guy was writing and drawing the Super manga.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Sun May 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Interesting. Now the cast has no reason to travel to Namek. I suspect this would end with no-yamcha wishing for his resurrection and the DB world to remain unaltered.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun May 07, 2017 2:04 pm

I can't tell if it's supposed to be a voice-over from God continuing from the previous page or if it's coming from someone else in the group, but the big reveal on the last page is that someone else has also been reborn and can sense the truth about Yamcha. They wonder what life (numerically) he's on.

Big joke this chapter was that despite planning carefully for the events on the series, Yamcha still forgot the Saiyans arrived earlier than expected (staying on Namek to train with Nail for several months). He also wonders what's going to happen to him now that all the humans have tapped out their ways of leveling up.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 07, 2017 2:06 pm

Cipher wrote:I can't tell if it's supposed to be a voice-over from God continuing from the previous page or if it's coming from someone else in the group, but the big reveal on the last page is that someone else has also been reborn and can sense the truth about Yamcha. They wonder what life (numerically) he's on.

Big joke this chapter was that despite planning carefully for the events on the series, Yamcha still forgot the Saiyans arrived earlier than expected (staying on Namek to train with Nail for several months). He also wonders what's going to happen to him now that all the humans have tapped out their ways of leveling up.
Did he use up the RoSaT?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun May 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Doctor. wrote:Did he use up the RoSaT?
No, and I'm guessing he'll try to keep pace regardless. It was more a reflection on the vast gulf between the humans and Saiyans (and villains) that's about to come in.