Is Hit What Pikon & Redict Were Intended To Be?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Is Hit What Pikon & Redict Were Intended To Be?

Post by NeoKING » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:18 pm

Pseudo-legendary tier bad ass rivals for Son Goku?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Is Hit What Pikon & Redict Were Intended To Be?

Post by sangofe » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:34 pm

NeoKING wrote:Pseudo-legendary tier bad ass rivals for Son Goku?
Who the heck is Redict? And by Pikon, do you mean Paikuhan? And no, I don't Paikuhan was ever meant to be a "pesuedo-legendary tier bad ass rival" for Son Goku, as you put it... I don't think Toriyama intended Hit to be that either. He probably just created him on impulse without thinking anything through.
Last edited by sangofe on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:03 pm

sangofe wrote:Who the heck is Redict?
An alternate transliteration of レジック from Dragon Ball GT (and the one I'm pretty sure we use here at Kanzenshuu). His name is a play on "credit" and "Redict" is a spelling that attempts to get closer to that than "Ledgic" or some sort.

Anyway, I dunno. I like the idea of showing, "Hey, umm, actually, throughout the entirety of the universe and even other universes, there are stronger dudes out there." It goes back all the way to the very beginning of the series as the turtle sage tries to impress this on the kids. I don't think it needs to be anything more than that. Goku needs to be put in his place every so often, or at least come across a challenge.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:07 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
An alternate transliteration of レジック from Dragon Ball GT (and the one I'm pretty sure we use here at Kanzenshuu). His name is a play on "credit" and "Redict" is a spelling that attempts to get closer to that than "Ledgic" or some sort.
Interesting. I was used to the the spelling "Ledgic" because of old VHS fansubs ^^;

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:58 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Huh. And here I was always under the impression that Ledgic was a pun on "Ledger".
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:48 am

I think Ledgic/Redict fits more to what Hit is to the franchise today. Not a full bad guy but not a good guy neither. Both wanted to fight Goku at some other time in the future. Both started as bad guys but with one major difference, Ledgic didn't stay long after his short lived saga while Hit saw a return after the tournament. I recall reading somewhere that Ledgic was supposed to stay with the gang for a while, like a supporting character or something, a la Piccolo (not that Piccolo is a supporting character or anything but in contrast).
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:23 pm

Hit, Pikon and Legic have nothing in common.

Hit has his own complete moveset,backstory, position and standing in Universe 6. Defeated Goku and Vegeta both. Came back again and tied with Goku. Will be involved in the next upcoming arc. Legic fought Goku and did not make any apperances in GT after that.

And the character Pikon does have similarity to is Piccolo and thats just being green and serious.

Zemkiose

Post by Zemkiose » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:42 am

I am not quite sure about it.