Better Sound Quality for Original DBZ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Better Sound Quality for Original DBZ?

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:30 pm

Danfun64 wrote:
SuperCyan2 wrote:Australia, UK
...don't count, as they're the Funi dub to begin with.
They have already released tons of FUNi dub content.

- Dragon Ball (Madman | Manga UK)
- Dragon Ball Z (Madman on Blu-ray and DVD | Manga UK on DVD)
- Dragon Ball GT (Madman | Manga UK)
- Dragon Ball Kai (Madman has released Kai 1.0 and Kai 2.0 | Manga UK only Kai 1.0 so far)
- The Movies (Madman | Manga UK)
- TV-Specials (Madman | Manga UK)

The Ocean Dub Kai unfortunately won't rival FUNimation's dubs but just the fact that it'll air that's more than enough for me. :) There won't even be the need to fix the music on Ocean Dub Kai as they've made their own soundtrack. : D
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:16 am

SuperCyan2 wrote:
Danfun64 wrote:
SuperCyan2 wrote:Australia, UK
...don't count, as they're the Funi dub to begin with.
They have already released tons of FUNi dub content.

- Dragon Ball (Madman | Manga UK)
- Dragon Ball Z (Madman on Blu-ray and DVD | Manga UK on DVD)
- Dragon Ball GT (Madman | Manga UK)
- Dragon Ball Kai (Madman has released Kai 1.0 and Kai 2.0 | Manga UK only Kai 1.0 so far)
- The Movies (Madman | Manga UK)
- TV-Specials (Madman | Manga UK)

The Ocean Dub Kai unfortunately won't rival FUNimation's dubs but just the fact that it'll air that's more than enough for me. :) There won't even be the need to fix the music on Ocean Dub Kai as they've made their own soundtrack. : D
While the Ocean Kai dub might air, it's not a done deal yet.

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:27 am

You could spend days/hours with someone who was entrusted with this audio and eventually he'll give you an offer you can't refuse. Kei's trust in this total douche was bought, I'm not afraid to expose this individual. People like Derek Padula (who want an official release) have known for well over a year I have sent him proof and he knows who not to trust now. I have the uncompressed FLAC files. I don't know if they will come to use, but if Sabat fails we could do something ourselves. This is how i got it btw pm for more details :crazy:.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:45 am

DBZimran wrote:You could spend days/hours with someone who was entrusted with this audio and eventually he'll give you an offer you can't refuse. Kei's trust in this total douche was bought, I'm not afraid to expose this individual. People like Derek Padula (who want an official release) have known for well over a year I have sent him proof and he knows who not to trust now. I have the uncompressed FLAC files. I don't know if they will come to use, but if Sabat fails we could do something ourselves. This is how i got it btw pm for more details :crazy:.
You also have foxy tricks in your sleeves, no?

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:11 pm

shinmaru wrote:
DBZimran wrote:You could spend days/hours with someone who was entrusted with this audio and eventually he'll give you an offer you can't refuse. Kei's trust in this total douche was bought, I'm not afraid to expose this individual. People like Derek Padula (who want an official release) have known for well over a year I have sent him proof and he knows who not to trust now. I have the uncompressed FLAC files. I don't know if they will come to use, but if Sabat fails we could do something ourselves. This is how i got it btw pm for more details :crazy:.
You also have foxy tricks in your sleeves, no?
Elaborate on these foxy tricks, and let's clear any misunderstandings. I was not involved with any leaks nor am I Enigmo. Do I know who leaked it? Yes.

Son Perfect

Post by Son Perfect » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:52 pm

I've been trying to look into all this drama about the broadcast audio and it's hard finding all the detail about it. As a TOTAL noob to all this whole broadcast audio situation, can you tell me about the a piracy website se leak, Enigmo, Kei17, Funmation, and bascially EVERYTHING? (Pm's are fine too)
I love Gohan a bit too much...

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Son Perfect wrote:
I've been trying to look into all this drama about the broadcast audio and it's hard finding all the detail about it. As a TOTAL noob to all this whole broadcast audio situation, can you tell me about the a piracy website se leak, Enigmo, Kei17, Funmation, and bascially EVERYTHING? (Pm's are fine too)
I read that entire a piracy website comment section (it still gets new comments) while drinking a cup of coffee and what chuckles and sighs I had along the way. jaja. The gist seems to be, those who had it within their circle got pissed someone shared it and then there and now it killed the opportunity for FUNi/TOEI to use. Except, TOEI already rejected it and FUNi wouldn't be able to use without TOEI's permission so either way, it's not happening. It's a pipe dream at best.

PlayStation fanboys used to be called Sony Defense Force so it's kinda fitting these DB fans would get that label or as some have named them, the 'Dragon Ball Mafia'. lol

Son Perfect

Post by Son Perfect » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:54 pm

SuperCyan2 wrote: I read that entire a piracy website comment section (it still gets new comments) while drinking a cup of coffee and what chuckles and sighs I had along the way. jaja. The gist seems to be, those who had it within their circle got pissed someone shared it and then there and now it killed the opportunity for FUNi/TOEI to use. Except, TOEI already rejected it and FUNi wouldn't be able to use without TOEI's permission so either way, it's not happening. It's a pipe dream at best.

PlayStation fanboys used to be called Sony Defense Force so it's kinda fitting these DB fans would get that label or as some have named them, the 'Dragon Ball Mafia'. lol
Very interesting. I've scrolled down that a piracy website se comment section too and I've seen a ton of shit thrown at Enigmo and even some fake(?) VegettoEX.

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Son Perfect wrote:Very interesting. I've scrolled down that a piracy website se comment section too and I've seen a ton of shit thrown at Enigmo and even some fake(?) VegettoEX.
There's also someone named Kei so who knows if that's legit or not. lol

A series of this would be more interesting than Super. xD

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:20 pm

Son Perfect wrote:
The story:

After giving Kei17 everything I had from my HDD and waiting a year+, he finally sent me 291 episodes of Tokai and Ishikawa. Somewhere around that time, I met with Christopher Sabat at an anime convention held at a high school near my house. He gladly accepted my flash drive and contacted me via email later in the evening. Unfortunately, he had to leave sooner than expected because his wife got sick and we couldn't have lunch together.

The thing is, Kei17 was abusing my connection with Christohper Sabat to convince some guy into letting him digitize a bunch of Hi8 tapes that had recordings of the Fuji broadcast.

In fact, Christopher Sabat made plans to acquire the audio after Kei17 returns my 2nd HDD; however, after waiting years for something that never came, I found myself quite annoyed (as anybody would be).

Since Kei17 wanted to deceive me with more lies, I allowed his precious Tokai audio be obtained by the biggest DBZ troll ever known :thumbup:.

The trolls of Kanzenshuu:

# 1 Enigmo
#2 DBZImran
#3 Arian
#4 Puto

To think, I sent that guy a sealed $1,000 unreleased Raging Blast 2 CD as a Christmas gift, an expensive 4TB HDD, etc. This was an exciting moment because we could finally give Christopher Sabat the best of what we could get our hands on. Oh well!

Last year, I managed to get my hands on 173 episodes of Fuji from someone else. There’s another person who has 23 episodes of Fuji and I’m hoping we can work out a deal. The rest will have to be remastered Tokai or Ishikawa until they are replaced by something superior.

According to Derek, I've been selling broadcast audio for $10,000 in increments of 10 or more, which would be a 6 digit figure. Don’t get me wrong, if someone wanted Tokai audio for that much, who wouldn't sell it!? :wtf:

For years I’ve tried telling Derek over the telephone that Kei17 has deceived us. I don’t know Kei17 personally, but nobody can be THAT busy. Believe it or not, Kei17 never intended on sharing anything with you guys, anyway. His brother always tells him to keep it to himself. Maybe he finally got into his head. What kind of fan does that? In fact, the a piracy website leak gave Kei17 the “AHA!” excuse that he could justify.

This kind of drama sounds like I’m in High School again. God. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid. It's over. Move on.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:53 pm

I was going to make a really long, detailed post about exactly what happened, then AnimeMaakuo made his post just now.
Not only was not a word of what he said there true, but one of the people he's calling out as one of the "Trolls of Kanzenshuu", Arian, is literally the entire reason Chris Sabat got the first big batch of audio in the first place.

Someone get Derek Padula in here; he can confirm that it was Arian who's sent him stuff. Then Arian can get in here and confirm that I've been around, rangling up and chasing leads on other sources of audio for the past year and a half.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:55 pm

Robo4900 wrote:I was going to make a really long, detailed post about exactly what happened, then AnimeMaakuo made his post just now.
Not only was not a word of what he said there true, but one of the people he's calling out as one of the "Trolls of Kanzenshuu", Arian, is literally the entire reason Chris Sabat got the first big batch of audio in the first place.

Someone get Derek Padula in here; he can confirm that it was Arian who's sent him stuff. Then Arian can get in here and confirm that I've been around, rangling up and chasing leads on other sources of audio for the past year and a half.
Everything I’ve said is 100% factual. Maybe I should add you to my list of trolls? :P

Who’s the one that went to the school to meet Sabat? Me. Who tried to buy Kei stuff to help digitize the audio? Me. Who sent him $1,000 CD? Me.

But hey, I think a moderator should close this thread. Too much drama about broadcast audio. It makes me cringe.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:04 am

I sent $200 to AnimeMaakuo years ago and got some measly broadcast audio snippets in return. I was told I would be getting a lot more than that, and nothing happened. You talk about there being no way Kei's so busy, but what's your excuse? Where's the rest?

AnimeMaakuo also claimed to have been working with Corpsecreate to color correct and restore DBZ after I mentioned liking Corpsecreate's work, but I wouldn't be surprised if the two have never even interacted.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:10 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:Who’s the one that went to the school to meet Sabat? Me.
I don't know about meeting Sabat in person, but the reason Sabat has any tapes is because Derek sent him the audio Arian had.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:Who tried to buy Kei stuff to help digitize the audio? Me.
Who sent him $1,000 CD? Me.
Irrelevant. Whether or not you helped him digitise stuff is not the debate here. I'm simply saying that your version of events is entirely fabricated. That's all.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:But hey, a moderator should close this thread. Too much fucking drama :lol:. It makes me cringe. Stop. Please don’t be a keyboard warrior.
So... One single person saying that you're not telling the truth constitutes cringy drama that warrants a mod locking the thread?

Perhaps I came off too strong. If that is the case, I apologise. I want to make this clear right now: I don't have anything personal against anyone here. I'm simply dealing in the facts as I know them. And as it stands, your version of events is totally contradictory to mine. So, we have an impasse. As adults, the way we resolve such a thing is either talking it through politely, or waiting for other people with insider knowledge to give their input.
Last edited by Robo4900 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:13 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:But hey, a moderator should close this thread. Too much fucking drama :lol:. It makes me cringe. Stop. Please don’t be a keyboard warrior.
Are you kidding? You're the one who walked in here and brought up the subject in the first place!

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:15 am

Robo4900 wrote:
AnimeMaakuo wrote:Who’s the one that went to the school to meet Sabat? Me.
I don't know about meeting Sabat in person, but the reason Sabat has any tapes is because Derek sent him the audio Arian had.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:Who tried to buy Kei stuff to help digitize the audio? Me.
Who sent him $1,000 CD? Me.
Irrelevant. Whether or not you helped him digitise stuff is not the debate here. I'm simply saying that your version of events is entirely fabricated. That's all.
So... One single person saying that you're not telling the truth constitutes cringy drama that warrants a mod locking the thread?

Perhaps I came off too strong. If that is the case, I apologise. I want to make this clear right now: I don't have anything personal against anyone here. I'm simply dealing in the facts as I know them. And as it stands, your version of events is totally contradictory to mine. So, we have an impasse. As adults, the way we resolve such a thing is either talking it through politely, or waiting for other people with insider knowledge to give their input.
Oh, did you think Kanzenshuu was the only place that talked about broadcast audio? This topic has been debated to death and it doesn’t make any sense to keep bringing it up. Believe what you want.

Again, everything I’ve said is 100% factual.

Kei has always been known to “keep me in the dark” about my HDD and it’s always a chore to get a response from him. I’ve always had good intentions for this stuff but eventually stopped caring. There are times where he apologizes, but what he did to Derek and I was wrong.

The trolls will always try to conspire against me through photoshop or whatever. I’ve accepted it and now I’m moving on.

Also please don’t lecture me about talking politely. You flat out said every word from me was a lie.

This is my last response.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
My YouTube

Son Perfect

Post by Son Perfect » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:24 am

Kanzenshuu is a beautiful place.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:25 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:Oh, did you think Kanzenshuu was the only place that talked about broadcast audio? This topic has been debated to death and it doesn’t make any sense to keep bringing it up. Believe what you want, I suffer no such compunction.

Also please don’t lecture me about talking politely. You flat out said every word from me was a lie.
Look, I'm sorry if I've hurt your feelings at all. Like many other people, I often have rather strong knee-jerk reactions when something I had cemented in my mind is challenged. I'm sorry for throwing this at you.

In any case, no, I know this has been discussed elsewhere; I've participated in a good few discussions of it. I'm glad we're discussing it rather openly here on Kanzenshuu, though; there's too much secrecy about all this, it's nice to get it out in the open so we can hopefully finally get to the full truth of the matter. Despite the fact I could probably go on for hours about the details of what I do know about all this(Or at least, what I think I know; again, we have different versions of events. Perhaps I'm wrong; let's see), there are many pieces I'm still missing(Such as, precisely why did Kei leave? I have many suspicions, and many pretty good guesses, but I'm not 100% sure just yet...), and I do hope those come to light soon.
But, as I say, our experiences with this are at odds, so one of us has to be right, and the other has to be wrong... Hopefully we can find out sooner rather than later.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:This is my last response.
Understandable. This whole situation can get a bit much sometimes. Again, apologies for any hurt feelings. I do enjoy our conversations here on Kanzenshuu, and I hope to talk to you again in the future.

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:00 am

I've spoken to AnimeMaakuo via PM and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him a chance to clear up some things with me personally. For now, I recant my previous post.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

DarkAngel007

Post by DarkAngel007 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:01 am

Kuwabara wrote:I've spoken to AnimeMaakuo via PM and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and allow him a chance to clear up some things with me personally. For now, I recant my previous post.

I used to be a skeptic until AnimeMaakuo showed me 17 different samples of Fuji broadcast audio. It was about 3 weeks ago give or take. He’s a good guy. So far anyway, he’s been telling the truth. Carry on..

Oh and I’m not surprised that Kei did this to AnimeMaakuo and Derek. Kei17 used to always ignore my messages when he had my flash drive..
"It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach." - Mister Bean