Better Sound Quality for Original DBZ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Re: Better Sound Quality for Original DBZ?

Post by DBZimran » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 am

AnimeMaakuo will easily say I and the others I am friends with are trolls. But he is literally upset that he sold me the audio for $120 instead of the ridiculous marked up price of $3000+ he wanted for it. He is the one that trolled me and Arian and several others for months or years for this audio. Here is the proof I saved all my conversations with him: *PM for link*
You can tell by the way he replies and speaks like he is entitled to a reward for the hard work of the Japanese fans who trusted Kei17 with these files. Me and Arian were in the Ocean/Westwood scene but he told me about broadcast audio in 2013, I finally with Arian acquired it in late 2016. Me and Arian split the $120 bill, because I didn't want to pay anything to someone who is a habitual liar, has a huge ego problem and feels like everybody should bow to his feet. AnimeMaakuo has told me one of his parents has passed away only to retrace his words. He has also claimed his parents work for Toei or have Toei affiliations. He sent me this the other day on skype: *PM for link*
Would anyone who sends this repulsive nonsense be trusted. I spent 2 to 3 months at the end of 2016 speaking to this individual, anyone who knows his true colours will agree with me. But a lot of the moderators on this board or big time posters won't get into it because of the backfire it has to claim AnimeMaakuo was and is not to be trusted. It was in my opinion Kei17's biggest mistake to trust this clown with the audio.
The only mistake me and Arian did was to acquire it and try to get it to the right channels. Aka Derek Padula or Chris Sabat.

Edit: He will gain all his support and admiration from the very few samples he has, he baits you in and keeps teasing you. This person has nothing of substance and anything he does have I already own. If anybody wants it PM me and ill share it free of charge to the fans who love this series and don't give a shit about profiting from other peoples hard work and patience. You can tell his character is greed-driven by the way he says 'Who wouldn't sell the audio for $10,000 if given the chance to.' The point is that it is NOT you're recordings, nor were they given to you for the purpose of profiting.
Shinmaru someone clearly has spoken to you, its best to clarify things before you go ahead and create this imaginary image in you're own mind based on a few lies people like AnimeMaakuo have fed to you.

I respect this community I don't want to cause a bigger problem, PM me for more. Me and Arian don't need to prove ourselves to anybody here we didn't profit from our endeavours.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:46 am

Hmm, i think most people know i'm not good with Maakuo. I always warned people that Maakuo is a lair and is as much to blame as you but i have to say it's unfair to blame him only for your greed( you paying money is proof)The only reason you are sacrificing him now is because you think he has DB and better Z audio than what he gave you, no? You also tried to get audio from me even when i told you i cant because that was the promise i made. I also have all the screenshot where you and your brother Enigmo tried to sweet talk and manipulate to get what you want^^ The problem with you guys is that you have so much greed in your heart that you expose each other for your own selfish needs.
I wish for everyone to have the best audio but it's not my choice to decide.

Also I was just wondering Maakuo. What was the problem? didn't Kei give you the audio you wanted?

Anyways, Imran you buy audio from Maakuo, right after that the audio got leaked??? How come?

I guess you all gonna change identities again and try again lol Just be happy that I'm not exposing you more than I do now
Last edited by shinmaru on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:58 am

shinmaru wrote:Hmm, i think most people know i'm not good with Maakuo. I always warned people that Maakuo is a lair and is as much to blame as you but i have to say it's unfair to blame him only for your greed( you paying money is proof)The only reason you are sacrificing him now is because you think he has DB and better Z audio than what he gave you, no? You also tried to get audio from me even when i told you i cant because that was the promise i made. I also have all the screenshot where you and your brother Enigmo tried to sweet talk and manipulate to get what you want^^ The problem with you guys is that you have so much greed in your heart that you expose each other for your own selfish needs.

Anyways, You buy audio from Maakuo right after that the audio got leaked??? How come?
I bought the audio in November 2016, It was leaked months later. Me and Enigmo are not brothers, he trolled me as much as he did anybody else I just gave more patience to it. I don't agree with the stuff he does, but we are on talking terms. Greed? I bought the audio with Arian, our purpose was to send it to Sabat. I did not want to share it nor profit from it. I am not sure about what Arian did but he was in contact with Sabat. I don't think Maakuo has anything of value I have not spoken to him for over a year. Do I think you were fed lies about me? 100%. Is it greed when everybody on this board wants the audio in some way or another even if they are not asking for it? Is it greed when we want a official release but have no means of obtaining one? I spoke to Derek and revealed many truths about this whole broadcast audio scene. In all seriousness I am not in search for better Z audio or Dragon Ball audio. Because Kei17 has everything. I don't understand what his intentions are nor do i intend to pry into the matter. He has his reasons and i respected that. I too have our conversations. I asked if you had audio but you declined, I then told you I have tried contacting Kei17 via email and twitter but he has not replied at all. I don't sweet talk anything, if you choose to misunderstand and believe everything everyone else tells you rather than discussing it with the relevant parties that's your call. I have a considerable collection of broadcast files, but they are there for the right reasons. I didn't leak anything the files I have are yet to see the light of day, Ishikawa files are but a dream to people who have the leaked compressed Tokai files. Just know this I have had these files on my HDD for well over a year, if people want it then fine. At this point Kei17 won't come back, he didn't follow through with the responsibility he was given.

Edit: I have one identity, I'd be banned from this board if I was Enigmo, they can see the IP that logs into this site or creates an account. Just because we are from the UK doesn't mean we are the same person. He lives in London I live in Manchester we are practically 3 hours apart. Heck how could I fight him on Tekken if we were the same person: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvmmTqvHKQ0
Last edited by DBZimran on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:27 am

I said Enigmo is your brother not that he is you. Anyway, I see you try hard to clear your name I wonder if you would have done the same if you knew there wasn't any better audio than what you got. Anyway, I'm gonna pull out of this conversation because I don't think this discussion is appropriate in this forum. Good luck tho

DBZimran
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZimran » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:34 am

shinmaru wrote:I said Enigmo is your brother not that he is you. Anyway, I see you try hard to clear your name I wonder if you would have done the same if you knew there wasn't any better audio than what you got. Anyway, I'm gonna pull out of this conversation because I don't think this discussion is appropriate in this forum. Good luck tho
Which person in their right mind would not want to clear their name. I have nothing to clear in this regard, aside from Enigmo not being a blood relative of mine. Like I said previously Enigmo is not my brother, I have not seen or met him IRL. All I'm wanting to do is to provide clarity on what's been going on. I frankly don't even care it's been so long that if someone has better or worse audio I frankly couldn't care less. For the people who love this series and want to enjoy it with their children or loved ones that's why I want this audio out there.
At least we agree on one thing, PM me if you want to talk more. I just wanted to give a glimpse into how scummy this broadcast audio scene has become.

DarkAngel007

Post by DarkAngel007 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:30 am

DBZImran, you are close buddies with Enigmo. Don’t even try to make yourself out to be some kind of hero, because that’s just not true. AnimeMaakuo was actually doing quite a bit with Christopher Sabat and Derek before Kei17 ran off with his stuff. And Kei17 didn’t just give AnimeMaakuo broadcast recordings. They traded. It’s a shame you and Enigmo screwed this up because we could’ve had better audio from AnimeMaakuo. I’ve got real pictures of this nonsense but I’m not going there because this will be my last post. You both use photoshop and talk badly about AnimeMaakuo since the very beginning. Now that he has better audio, you’re going to paint him as a terrible guy and say you’re not interested in broadcast audio anymore since you know you’ll never have a chance. I’m not close with AnimeMaakuo, but he has showed me better audio samples and I’ve confirmed that using software. Also, Kei17 doesn’t have “everything”. He doesn’t even have all Hi8 recordings for DBZ
"It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach." - Mister Bean

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:23 pm

Can you all take your drama somewhere else? None of you are making yourselves look particularly good here.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Can you all take your drama somewhere else? None of you are making yourselves look particularly good here.
Oh, come on. Let the drama continue.

Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

DerekPadula
Regular

Post by DerekPadula » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:45 am

Marc and I spoke to one another through email from late 2014 to early 2017. Once on the phone, in 2016. The last time we spoke by email was February 28, 2017, when our falling out reached its conclusion. There's a lot I could say, but the long and short of it is that I won't work with Marc anymore, and I advise others to avoid him.

Chris has the same audio that I have, because I gave it to him. Unfortunately, FUNimation didn't see the opportunity for what it was, among their other projects, and then a short while later it leaked. To point, Marc just admitted to leaking the audio: "Since Kei17 wanted to deceive me with more lies, I allowed his precious Tokai audio be obtained by the biggest DBZ troll ever known." It's that so-called troll who put the audio onto torrent sites, undermining the project.

Chris and I were dismayed, but he moved on to the next DBZ game, Super, and countless other anime. He'd still like to do a re-release some day with what he has, but he doesn't own FUNimation and the decision is not his to make.

I wanted my detailed chapter about the broadcast audio issue to be published already, but everything seems to take longer than expected. I wish I had an assistant.

I won't subscribe to replies of this thread because I don't have time for games of 'he said, she said.' I'm posting because someone told me my name had been mentioned and people wanted me to say something.

I'm glad that you guys are still so passionate about higher quality audio. It's worth fighting for.
Author of Dragon Ball Culture and the It's Over 9,000! book: https://thedaoofdragonball.com/books and The Dao of Dragon Ball website: https://thedaoofdragonball.com/blog

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 am

There really is no need for drama. Everyone that cares even the slightest bit about better releases of the various Dragon Ball series needs to put petty differences aside and work together toward that goal. I've stayed in the shadows long enough, it's time to make some kind of difference. I vehemently want to make this happen.

I don't even know where to begin as far contributing, but I think it's a disgrace that this franchise, particularly the Z portion, seems all but doomed to ever be presented favorably on home video and streaming platforms. We had our chance with the Levels and fucked it up, I have a hard time believing otherwise. The entire series should be released that way, or even better! Trouble is, the history of this broadcast audio project is so long and convoluted, I don't know who to believe or even get in touch with.

So, for anyone who needs help with any of this, I implore you to contact me about anything you need. Audio, video,
encoding, quality control, whatever, I want to assist in any way that I can. Please get up with me!
DerekPadula wrote:I wanted my detailed chapter about the broadcast audio issue to be published already, but everything seems to take longer than expected. I wish I had an assistant.
PM sent.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:28 am

DerekPadula wrote:the biggest DBZ troll ever known
Everyone in this drama circle is calling each other a troll, the question is who isn't a troll. :lol:

The Dragon Ball community clearly has its issues and I'm glad I'm not part of this.
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Damned
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Damned » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:52 pm

I think it's a disgrace that this franchise, particularly the Z portion, seems all but doomed to ever be presented favorably on home video and streaming platforms.

Funny you should say that. I didn't join this fandom until late 2014, around the time the very last Blu-ray Season set came out. I knew next to nothing about Dragon Ball, other than there being a guy called Goku with a monkey tail and him having this super powered form where he changes colors. I have been a fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! for a long time, and I have been increasingly annoyed over the lack of a home video JPN version release. I kept thinking to myself "Man. If only this show were as popular as Dragon Ball Z. That show must have so many amazing quality releases!". You can imagine my shock when I found out what the actual situation was!

Everyone that cares even the slightest bit about better releases of the various Dragon Ball series needs to put petty differences aside and work together toward that goal.

Couldn't agree more. At the very least, the rest of the Dragon Boxes should be released over here, in a format where they remain in print.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:15 pm

These contributions are unwelcome. Kanzenshuu is not an appropriate location for this kind of personal drama and dirty-laundry airing, particularly over illegally-distributed material.

All members would do well to review the community guidelines that they agreed to (twice) prior to registration. Account strikes will be issued; these add up to temporary/permanent bans, which revoke access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website.

The content of this thread and the behavior of its contributors is unacceptable and should not be seen as representative of Kanzenshuu as a website or community.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::