Was there a place for Yamcha & Chiaotzu in Resurrection 'F' (Dragon Ball Z/Super)?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jaetinh
Regular

Re: Was there a place for Yamcha & Chiaotzu in Resurrection 'F' (Dragon Ball Z/Super)?

Post by Jaetinh » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:52 am

Yep, that movie is also one of my favorite Z movies. The original gang is nothing compared to the Saiyans in terms of strength, but I'm much more fond of them.

I'm glad I grew up watching and reading Dragon Ball from the first episode/volume and not Z.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Re: Was there a place for Yamcha & Chiaotzu in Resurrection 'F' (Dragon Ball Z/Super)?

Post by Mazingerdestro » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:42 pm

Petition!!!! I feel like a kid again!!!

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:57 pm

TheZFighter wrote:
Israelite Wolfman wrote:Image The "Tree of Might" is one of my favorite movies due to having all the original Z-Fighters fight in the front line there. Again: I'd doubt a bunch of low level Frieza Soldiers even Roshi & Jaco managed to defeat by the hundreds would be a problem to either Yamcha or Chiaotzu who are leagues above them in power.
My favourite movie for the same reason. That picture really captures the beauty of that movie, all the comparable "weaklings" teaming together to try and make a difference. I really need to watch Tree of Might again soon.
See comment below ;)
Jaetinh wrote:Yep, that movie is also one of my favorite Z movies. The original gang is nothing compared to the Saiyans in terms of strength, but I'm much more fond of them.

I'm glad I grew up watching and reading Dragon Ball from the first episode/volume and not Z.
This gif summarizes all we knew and loved: Image
Mazingerdestro wrote:Petition!!!! I feel like a kid again!!!
Great, but instead of telling me how it makes people feel (you're not the first or only one) WE NEED THIS PETITION SIGNED IF WE WANT TO MOVE SOMETHING!
Considering the fact it takes less than a week for 4 animators to add them to all existing episodes (20-28) + new scenes showing them fighting the soldiers, getting wrecked by Ginyu in Tagoma's body and reacting to the scenarios, IT'S EASY TO CONVINCE THEM TO MAKE THIS ALTERATION OF THE ARC! Let's be honest, Toei, Toriyama etc. want to earn MONEY for their products, if they'll invest these 5000$ (max) in this procedure they'll have it back in no time with the merchandise & DVD sells.

Zeru14
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeru14 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:50 am

The scenes from Tree of Might are beautiful, really loved the team dynamic in the old days, before the Android Saga came along and threw it away, Yamcha got gut punched and quit and Chiaotzu just sat it out, and none of the characters besides the Saiyans and Namek progressed in strength anymore, despite the numerous training options they had; Gravity Training, Kaioken, Time Chamber, Fusion Dance(Tiencha should be canon), Old Kai Unlock Potential.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:16 am

Zeru14 wrote:The scenes from Tree of Might are beautiful, really loved the team dynamic in the old days, before the Android Saga came along and threw it away, Yamcha got gut punched and quit and Chiaotzu just sat it out, and none of the characters besides the Saiyans and Namek progressed in strength anymore, despite the numerous training options they had; Gravity Training, Kaioken, Time Chamber, Fusion Dance(Tiencha should be canon), Old Kai Unlock Potential.
Totally agreed, it seems like Toriyama's editor/s back the 90s told him that due to kids' new rush for Super Saiyans it's be better to invest his storytelling in them other than in the old guys (Humans) for rating & merchandise reasons ($$$$), Piccolo got empowered too thanks to being Akira Toriyama's favorite character back then (now it's Jaco who thanks to that was casted to RoF). TBH One of the reasons I wanted Yamcha there in Resurrection 'F' was Tiencha. Seeing him versus Tagoma-Ginyu could have been interesting (making them at Piccolo-tier, maybe a little stronger), right before he'll move to take out everyone as is in the series with only Gohan able to keep up with the old body snatcher, and to take the lead so he can knock him out with SSJ (Gohan being shitted on by Toriyama isn't something I liked either).

About Chiaotzu's sitting out since the Android Saga I've written here not too long ago:
Israelite Wolfman wrote:I was always disappointed at Toriyama for taking out Chiaotzu so lightly, I mean, I could have understand it if he HAD AT LEAST took part in the fight against the Androids or in the Cell Games (as he prepared for both MORE THAN 3 YEARS of his life) before retiring or forced to quit due to his fatal injuries/lack of effect there.

His "cute" design made Toriyama's editor ask him to remove Chiaotzu from the front lines due to the more serious tone they hoped to take Z to, however Zeno's design 2 decades later makes it questionable if one has to look strong to actually be such.

I could have taken it easier or with more understanding if his last canonical battle was against a Cell Jr. or even the "weaker" Androids than just ending his career after Nappa (or Guldo if you, like myself, don't care about filler/not). It's nice to at least know that in Future Trunks' timeline Chiaotzu did fight against the Androids and perhaps even prior that against Mecha-Frieza, King Cold and their soldiers as there was no need to take him out (minimized his role to less than a Puar-level character) to make room for some alien transformation to blonde.

There was also an oppurtunity to have him show some backbone while coming with Tien to fight Buutenks and save heavily injured Mystic/Ultimate Gohan, Hercule & Dende (instead of having his last shot of action avoiding getting killed by Super Buu's Human Extinction Attack) or have both of them against Kid Buu in the Grand Kai's Planet alongside Krillin & Yamcha (happens in both Z & Kai) for old times' sake. Well, since Super isn't over yet all I can do as a DB fan of the original Z-Fighters is to hope that he'll matter once again in some filler battle in the future. They missed the opportunity in RoF with all the Frieza weakling goons he could have mopped the floor with, just look how great Master Roshi & Jaco who are leagues behind him did vs. these B rate subordinates (see link to my topic: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=37110&p=1226769#p1226769). Sadly they didn't do it in both the movie & DBS arc.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:56 am

LOL Even in the IC Carddass (available at DBZCollection.fr) Yamcha & Chiaotzu have higher cards' powers & levels than Master Roshi & Jaco in the Resurrection 'F' arc (sans Roshi's buffed form {+ his Kamehameha card}, probably for inner-game advantage that transformed states supply as shown with other characters, cuz I can't see even Full Power Roshi a threat to the two in the title).
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

A reminder of when Yamcha, Tien & Chiatozu could give Piccolo a hard time and mattered to the plot/franchise INSTEAD OF the cameo characters they turned into since Saiyans took over.

EVEN Dragon Ball Super's retelling Gohan looks at Tenshinhan like "WTF, DUDE?" when Tien say he "apologize for leaving Chiaotzu behind" instead of bringing him to the battle with Frieza's army.

Since Yamcha kept up with his training he should have been there too, I'd like to see the Wolf Fang Fist against some lackeys for once, it'd be better if they had brought a few Saibamen with them (but I guess they only picked the "best soldiers Sorbet had" from their few thousand manpower): Image

Heck, IF Roshi sent these Frieza Henchmen flying, imagine what Yamcha & Chiaotzu could do (written since I know they won't be in the upcoming Universal Tournament, despite it being a BATTLE ROYALE!): Image

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Sponge » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:38 pm

I only saw some scenes from Resurrection F on the Internet yet, but i saw the Dragon Ball Super adaption of it, and yeah i also find it would have been better if Yamcha and Chiatzu would have fought too. If Muten Roshi is suddenly strong enough to fight Freeza's Soldiers, then Yamcha and Chiatzu should already be. You could probably even throw Yajirobi in if the Soldiers (or some of them) are weak enough, depending if he got stronger or weaker since the Vegeta Fight. And Cyborg 18 could bring Marron to Chichi, Videl or to Capsul Corp. Even Buu could have joined the Fight instead of sleeping with Mr. Satan until they die. Yamcha could finally kick some ass again with his Wolf Fang Fist against the Soldiers and his Sokidan attack should be useful for surprise hits. Chiaotzu could shoot Soldiers with his Dodonpa, paralize them, throw their Ki blast back at them or give them some very painful headbutts. Yajirobi could slice the Soldiers into pieces and eat them later on, it would be even better if he could shoot sword beams like in the Budokai Tenkaichi Games, to slice them at a distance. 18 could easely brease through most Soldiers without ever getting exhausted thanks to her infinite Energy. And Buu could turn them into Chocolate and eat them too, probably even Frieza himself, but he would then most likly pull a Vegito and become the Chocolate of Evil.

The Petition to re edit Yamcha and Chiatzu back into it is nice, but is not very likely to happen. The best way this could happen is if a YouTuber who does edited Fan Fights, would edit them in and let them Fight. Drandosk (https://www.youtube.com/user/Drandosk/videos) should be one of the best candidates to pull this off. Vegito1089 (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUPz2X ... BwHvITx_mw), Liam Miller (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9Nue ... pXIu1y_lpg) and Esteban DBZEditer (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Rhrx ... LMM-dKtGQA) are also pretty Good. The Editing of those guys is very great, you should see it for yourself. There is also Sif 90 (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_1mOx ... XoZ4xMpBTQ) who is rather limited in his editing methods since he uses Movie Maker. But what he can pull of with it is still not to underrestimate. Maybe you should ask one of those guys to edit Yamcha and Chiatzu into the Resurrection F Fights.

Here are a few Fights from them i recommend you to watch, one per Youtuber:

Drandosk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s7aD58jrjI)

Vegito1089 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7eVMwGByo4)

Liam Miller (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zY-fEYWOz8)

Esteban DBZEditer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmBkK1tlaSs)

Sif 90 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iVmjpnx6ss)

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 pm

I didn't mind Chautzu was left behind, since the saiyan saga, he has long became more of a background character (Outside of filler which gave him a win against Guldo), however with Yamcha, I figured since he was featured prominetly in the end credits of the 3rd ending, I figured Toei would feature him in the arc since they snuck Goten and Trunks in the tv version.

As for Tien and Krillin, Toriyama clearly has some kind of attachment to them since he does try to feature them as much as he could. Krillin obviously his huge role from Saiyan to Cell and even gave him a tournament win in the Buu arc. Tien while not featured prominetly gave him some cool moments like holding back Cell or Saving Gohan from Buu. Heck Tien was featured in the Final Chapters opening.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Dragon Sponge wrote:I only saw some scenes from Resurrection F on the Internet yet, but i saw the Dragon Ball Super adaption of it, and yeah i also find it would have been better if Yamcha and Chiatzu would have fought too. If Muten Roshi is suddenly strong enough to fight Freeza's Soldiers, then Yamcha and Chiatzu should already be. You could probably even throw Yajirobi in if the Soldiers (or some of them) are weak enough, depending if he got stronger or weaker since the Vegeta Fight. And Cyborg 18 could bring Marron to Chichi, Videl or to Capsul Corp. Even Buu could have joined the Fight instead of sleeping with Mr. Satan until they die. Yamcha could finally kick some ass again with his Wolf Fang Fist against the Soldiers and his Sokidan attack should be useful for surprise hits. Chiaotzu could shoot Soldiers with his Dodonpa, paralize them, throw their Ki blast back at them or give them some very painful headbutts. Yajirobi could slice the Soldiers into pieces and eat them later on, it would be even better if he could shoot sword beams like in the Budokai Tenkaichi Games, to slice them at a distance. 18 could easely brease through most Soldiers without ever getting exhausted thanks to her infinite Energy. And Buu could turn them into Chocolate and eat them too, probably even Frieza himself, but he would then most likly pull a Vegito and become the Chocolate of Evil.

The Petition to re edit Yamcha and Chiatzu back into it is nice, but is not very likely to happen. The best way this could happen is if a YouTuber who does edited Fan Fights, would edit them in and let them Fight. Drandosk (https://www.youtube.com/user/Drandosk/videos) should be one of the best candidates to pull this off. Vegito1089 (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUPz2X ... BwHvITx_mw), Liam Miller (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9Nue ... pXIu1y_lpg) and Esteban DBZEditer (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Rhrx ... LMM-dKtGQA) are also pretty Good. The Editing of those guys is very great, you should see it for yourself. There is also Sif 90 (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_1mOx ... XoZ4xMpBTQ) who is rather limited in his editing methods since he uses Movie Maker. But what he can pull of with it is still not to underrestimate. Maybe you should ask one of those guys to edit Yamcha and Chiatzu into the Resurrection F Fights.

Here are a few Fights from them i recommend you to watch, one per Youtuber:

Drandosk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s7aD58jrjI)

Vegito1089 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7eVMwGByo4)

Liam Miller (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zY-fEYWOz8)

Esteban DBZEditer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmBkK1tlaSs)

Sif 90 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iVmjpnx6ss)
Thanks! :D I actually thought about doing it myself while posting this thread but it won't satisfy me as something official.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sun May 07, 2017 5:56 pm

After what I've seen today in DBS episode 89 treatment of Chiaotzu (mostly) & Tien: The In-Universe response for the Resurrection 'F' movie/Golden Frieza Saga casting.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sun May 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Yes there was, realistically Roshi shouldn't have been there at all.

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Sun May 14, 2017 9:39 am

After-the-fact rambling incoming:

One of the things that I appreciate about Super, is that it's been making at least some attempts to give screentime to the "lesser" cast -- meaning that we'll be reminded that these characters still exist and are a functional part of the on-going Dragon World. And that it's even trying to "correct" the power gaps somewhat to give those characters something more to do in this series as it relates to Goku and his ordeals (YMMV on consistency here in how it relates to Z powaaz!!). I liked that Ten and Chaozu appeared and were "one of the guys" at Bulma's birthday party in BoG/retelling arc. That scenario was like a DB cast reunion special, ala Yo! Son Goku [...]. They totally fit in with everything despite their more distant nature -- there was nothing that felt off or out of place. And, of course, Yamucha was there to!

And while I appreciate the effort in some areas, it's equally a bit frustrating that in the retelling of Resurrection 'F' Yamucha and Chaozu were completely absent. The film presents us with a scenario that has the Z-senshi VS 1000 scrub Freeza soldiers. That's practically screaming for inclusion of all Z-senshi to take part in! It didn't happen in the film for whatever reasons. But hey! Roshi was there! Because that's what Toriyama-sensei wanted. So, then there's a shot at redemption with the retelling -- surely TOEI will get creative here? Right...?

Well, turns out this retelling was clearly just a straight rushjob to blow through that material without any cares on how to go about expanding that story. But wait! -- this arc did add some exclusive content(!!) Piccolo got throwback-killed by BASE Freeza... just because OMG. And it's swept aside without holding any weight too. And Frog!Ginyu dropped out of the sky and body-swapped with Freeza's top henchman, well .. just because.:P Wow(!), nostalgia pandering all around going on here. But Yamucha, Chaozu, and about half of Gohan's fortitude are offscreen somewhere sitting on the bench waiting to lace up during this whole thing. This could've and should've been DBZ Movie 3 levels of comradery all over again, except more fun... :(

In all honesty, Piccolo could've just sent a big shockwave that incapacitated the whole goon soldiers cloud simultaneously - but what's the fun in that? So, yeah, it appears the last ship sailed long ago for Chaozu as it relates to getting involved with any conflicts. Yamucha gets some screentime, but it's usually for mockery purposes -- because someone has to be the designated joke of the group apparently, and it pleases the meme creators/fanbase by validating the time and creativity that they've put in over the years.:roll: Yamucha has never been written as the most respectable guy in the series, but he was never portrayed as being the caricature that he is now. At least Tenshinhan got some action, but the RoF retelling squandered opportunities away to improve upon the film. It's like the saying goes, "This material practically writes itself". At the least, it could've been a last hurrah! And give exposure to some of these characters in a more respectable light to the newer/younger viewers of Dragon Ball material.

With [spoiler]Super Episode 89[/spoiler] being an indicator of how "lesser" characters will continue to be treated by the parties involved... I'm not holding my breath for anything to change. Just keep playing within that same redundant box, TOEI -- and keep eyeing those popularity polls (you'd think that they might consider building status for characters not high on those polls :wink: ).

Summation: It's the tease at the prospect of getting our guys involved and missing out on inserting them into gift-wrapped scenarios that has made many of the creative decisions so questionable. But then again, creative decisions are influenced by what they feel is going to sell. Nonetheless, there was absolutely a place for Yamucha and Chaozu to at least appear in the group-fighting during the retelling of RoF.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sun May 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Super_Divine_Genki wrote:After-the-fact rambling incoming:

One of the things that I appreciate about Super, is that it's been making at least some attempts to give screentime to the "lesser" cast -- meaning that we'll be reminded that these characters still exist and are a functional part of the on-going Dragon World. And that it's even trying to "correct" the power gaps somewhat to give those characters something more to do in this series as it relates to Goku and his ordeals (YMMV on consistency here in how it relates to Z powaaz!!). I liked that Ten and Chaozu appeared and were "one of the guys" at Bulma's birthday party in BoG/retelling arc. That scenario was like a DB cast reunion special, ala Yo! Son Goku [...]. They totally fit in with everything despite their more distant nature -- there was nothing that felt off or out of place. And, of course, Yamucha was there to!

And while I appreciate the effort in some areas, it's equally a bit frustrating that in the retelling of Resurrection 'F' Yamucha and Chaozu were completely absent. The film presents us with a scenario that has the Z-senshi VS 1000 scrub Freeza soldiers. That's practically screaming for inclusion of all Z-senshi to take part in! It didn't happen in the film for whatever reasons. But hey! Roshi was there! Because that's what Toriyama-sensei wanted. So, then there's a shot at redemption with the retelling -- surely TOEI will get creative here? Right...?

Well, turns out this retelling was clearly just a straight rushjob to blow through that material without any cares on how to go about expanding that story. But wait! -- this arc did add some exclusive content(!!) Piccolo got throwback-killed by BASE Freeza... just because OMG. And it's swept aside without holding any weight too. And Frog!Ginyu dropped out of the sky and body-swapped with Freeza's top henchman, well .. just because.:P Wow(!), nostalgia pandering all around going on here. But Yamucha, Chaozu, and about half of Gohan's fortitude are offscreen somewhere sitting on the bench waiting to lace up during this whole thing. This could've and should've been DBZ Movie 3 levels of comradery all over again, except more fun... :(

In all honesty, Piccolo could've just sent a big shockwave that incapacitated the whole goon soldiers cloud simultaneously - but what's the fun in that? So, yeah, it appears the last ship sailed long ago for Chaozu as it relates to getting involved with any conflicts. Yamucha gets some screentime, but it's usually for mockery purposes -- because someone has to be the designated joke of the group apparently, and it pleases the meme creators/fanbase by validating the time and creativity that they've put in over the years.:roll: Yamucha has never been written as the most respectable guy in the series, but he was never portrayed as being the caricature that he is now. At least Tenshinhan got some action, but the RoF retelling squandered opportunities away to improve upon the film. It's like the saying goes, "This material practically writes itself". At the least, it could've been a last hurrah! And give exposure to some of these characters in a more respectable light to the newer/younger viewers of Dragon Ball material.

With [spoiler]Super Episode 89[/spoiler] being an indicator of how "lesser" characters will continue to be treated by the parties involved... I'm not holding my breath for anything to change. Just keep playing within that same redundant box, TOEI -- and keep eyeing those popularity polls (you'd think that they might consider building status for characters not high on those polls :wink: ).

Summation: It's the tease at the prospect of getting our guys involved and missing out on inserting them into gift-wrapped scenarios that has made many of the creative decisions so questionable. But then again, creative decisions are influenced by what they feel is going to sell. Nonetheless, there was absolutely a place for Yamucha and Chaozu to at least appear in the group-fighting during the retelling of RoF.
Thanks, I have really enjoyed reading this comment! :clap: I believe they must have discussed Yamcha & Chiaotzu's inclusion in RoF in a Super staff meeting before going to draw the episodes of that arc, must've been something like that:

* Chief Editor at Toei (sits on chair in the meetings room): "So, should we add Yamcha and Chiaotzu to the Revival of Frieza story? They haven't mattered in a very long time and it may be a nice touch up to the story..."
* Writer #1: "Well, I don't know, they weren't in Toriyama's initial movie vision, weren't they?"
* Writer #2: "Yamcha is pretty popular, look at his ratings in fan polls, he's even ranked higher than Tien... Don't know about Chiaotzu though, no one really shouted out loud when Toriyama excluded him from the Z-Fighters back in the Android Saga..."
* Writer #3: "I don't think we should add any of them, if we do people who went to see the movie will claim we're "inconsistent" and will mock us online..."
* Writer #2: "I don't want to be mocked online, let's play safe here guys, let's handle this issue carefully per individual, let's start with Yamcha: When did he last mattered to the fans and plot?"
* Writer #4: "Yamcha was used in the Majin Buu Saga, given time to shine in filler scenes we also re-done in Kai."
* Chief Editor (looks at the last responding writer): **Smiles**
* Writer #1: "OK, Show me where did Chiaotzu mattered after the Future Trunks Saga? he sat the rest of the show out and nobody cared!"
* Writer #4: " I guess Chiaotzu is just not that popular thus ensuring his condition in DBZ but he was popular in DB and still was relevant for the first 1/3 of Z, unlike Roshi who didn't do anything in DBZ besides chilling in his safe spot, even Korin didn't expected much of him.. Even Yajirobe was there."
* Writer #3: "You know what? fuck it, I can't hear you: LA-LA-LA-LA!! [sticks fingers in ears] Roshi was in Toriyama's original story script, he matters now!"
* Chief Editor (turns around to the other side, looks frown): **Vain in the forehead expends**
* Writer #4: "You know what, Roshi fan? forget it, Tagoma could play a vital role in the story, this time, unlike what we did there in the movie with hyping him for nothing, let's keep him around.." (silences)
* Chief Editor (stands up again, this time bursting): "An episode costs **exact number** for us to produce and animate, if these two more characters will make it even more expensive with the gain from such a move is uncertain, let's stick with the current cast stats, maybe add Trunks and Goten, they were pretty popular back in the day..."
* All writers: "Your wish is our command, Gotenks will be there!"
* Chief Editor: "I recall that many people liked the Ginyu Force very much back in the days of the Namek Saga, can we bring them back too?"
* Writer #1: "Well, they're dead now... Don't see how can we pull this off, Sorbet aimed for King Cold next to Frieza..."
* Writer #4: "They're stuck in hell due to filler fight with Yamcha and Chiaotzu..."
* Writer #2: "Ginyu was still alive in the body of that frog back in the 25th Budokai filler scene, right? what about him??"
* Writer #3: "But he died when Kid Buu blew up the Earth, did you forgot?"
* Writer #2: "The Earth casualties got revived once the conflict ended"
* Writer #3: "Only the good ones, it was specified."
* Writer #1: "Fuck this, we should ignore the fact he was evil and use him, seeing how Frieza will interact with him once again should be pretty interesting..."
* Chief Editor (conclusive tone): "Now all we need to do is find him a body to steal, hopefully from Frieza's forces' top guns. I call this meeting terminated: NO Yamcha NOR Chiaotzu in Resurrection 'F' retelling for TV - we will overcome their recurring absence with not mentioning Yamcha and have Tien appologize for not bringing Chiaotzu with him, as Tien's movie claim "them fighting Frieza's soldiers will be suicide" is utterly shameful!, Gotenks and Captain Ginyu will be included, COME ON! Go out there and make me some money!!!"

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:Yes there was, realistically Roshi shouldn't have been there at all.
Yamcha and Chaozu being included would've led to more versatility. Chaozu could've been rag dolling henchmen with telekinesis and smoking fools with Dodonpa!

With Yamcha we could've been treated to Sokidan and Rōgafūfūken!

I don't hate Roshi but damn....let these guys fight. Not the old, long retired geezer.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Tue May 16, 2017 4:32 pm

MainJPW wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:Yes there was, realistically Roshi shouldn't have been there at all.
Yamcha and Chaozu being included would've led to more versatility. Chaozu could've been rag dolling henchmen with telekinesis and smoking fools with Dodonpa!

With Yamcha we could've been treated to Sokidan and Rōgafūfūken!

I don't hate Roshi but damn....let these guys fight. Not the old, long retired geezer.
In a paraphrase to Middle East politics: Resurrection 'F' never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity. TBH I wanted to post these two pics (especially the Yamcha gif) earlier in this thread to demonstrate how badly their casting picks were.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Wed May 17, 2017 2:36 pm

It is pretty ridiculous to exclude Yamcha and Chiaotzu from both Freeza's invasion and the Tournament Of Power as "not being able to handle it" while also inviting Muten Roshi and Jaco. Though the articles you linked seem to only use material from filler scenes and the movies as evidence of their power, and I'm pretty much a manga purist when it comes to such things. I most certainly don't believe than Yamcha can handle a Cell-tier threat like Olibu.

It's fairly obvious to me that the choice was made based on who was more popular and marketable. Muten Roshi is still fairly popular and Jaco is was a new character that they wanted to play around with, yet Yamcha is commonly seen as an unintended joke character by the fandom, and Chiaotzu was never relevant.

Honestly, I'm more annoyed about the exclusion of No. 18 and Majin Boo, and to a lesser extent, Goten and Trunks. No. 18 was left behind to watch over their daughter, while her significantly weaker husband rocketed straight toward the battle field. Majin Boo just couldn't be woken up, which is turning into a real tired and overused reason to exclude him from the action. Goten and Trunks are deemed too reckless to handle a life-and-death battle. Okay, that last one is fair, and Super changed it so that they fly there in their own anyways, but the point still stands.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Thu May 18, 2017 4:53 pm

DanielSSJ wrote:It is pretty ridiculous to exclude Yamcha and Chiaotzu from both Freeza's invasion and the Tournament Of Power as "not being able to handle it" while also inviting Muten Roshi and Jaco. Though the articles you linked seem to only use material from filler scenes and the movies as evidence of their power, and I'm pretty much a manga purist when it comes to such things. I most certainly don't believe than Yamcha can handle a Cell-tier threat like Olibu.

It's fairly obvious to me that the choice was made based on who was more popular and marketable. Muten Roshi is still fairly popular and Jaco is was a new character that they wanted to play around with, yet Yamcha is commonly seen as an unintended joke character by the fandom, and Chiaotzu was never relevant.

Honestly, I'm more annoyed about the exclusion of No. 18 and Majin Boo, and to a lesser extent, Goten and Trunks. No. 18 was left behind to watch over their daughter, while her significantly weaker husband rocketed straight toward the battle field. Majin Boo just couldn't be woken up, which is turning into a real tired and overused reason to exclude him from the action. Goten and Trunks are deemed too reckless to handle a life-and-death battle. Okay, that last one is fair, and Super changed it so that they fly there in their own anyways, but the point still stands.
Mostly due to his Pokemon-like personality and ageless child physics, nobody could attached to him. Sadly. He's a Puar-like character nowadays.

My cast is "as is" alongside Yamcha & Chiaotzu to take down Frieza's 1000 soldiers army, then when Frieza's Mercenaries (yeah, Toriyama meant that there will be such a group - characters wearing a-la-Tagoma and Shisami's model of the Battle Armor, they showed up in the movie and in the manga) steps in Jaco and Roshi have nothing more to sell, so Gohan asks them to sit this one out, just then Androids 18 (who left Marron at Dende's with Videl and Pan) and 17 (who sensed the threat) join the front line, all take care of these 30 mercenaries and then Shisami and Tagoma tangle with Piccolo and Gohan, Shisami is defeated after a very close fight, yet Tagoma swiftly proceeds with an afterimage to bully the exhausted Piccolo, Gohan saves Piccolo at the last moment and gives him a Senzu Krillin tossed him, Androids 17 & 18 who tried to buy them some time to figure out how to take Frieza's best soldier out (in case they're not strong enough to overcome him themselves) are getting wrecked by the "New Tagoma" who is revealing more of his hidden power, then when all seems ineffective over the "Eggman" SSJ Gotenks charges with a comic relief and headbutts Tagoma in the groin, only to defuse upon challenging Frieza who sits in his flying throne (I never liked/enjoyed Gotenks so I won't mind excusing his quick take-out with some "used too much power to rush to the battlefield in a short time, which due to not practicing the Fusion Dance for a long time, short-circuits the Fusion technique" line). Frieza realizes that they were fused and that they're Saiyans too.

Frog-Ginyu who hitched a ride with Bulma and Jaco comes out the Galactic Patrol spaceship and hops in to CHANGE with the groin-hurt Tagoma. Ginyu unleashes all of Tagoma's "body of steel" power and screws everyone around, Gohan tries to fight him by raising his power with anger but it's STILL not enough DUE TO BEING RUSTY. Ginyu goes on a berserk, forcing Gohan to go SSJ too and easily knocks the old Captain to the ground with 2 chops. Frieza, furious with his men's defeat - especially by their strongest fighter who's a Super Saiyan, steps in and tortures Gohan with his Death Beam Barrage surprise attack! Gohan is forced out of SSJ due to the lack of lifeforce, JUST THEN MAJIN BUU WAKES UP and rushes to the battlefield, preventing Piccolo from sacrificing himself and dodging Frieza's final death beam, he proceeds to heal Gohan who experience a Zenkai boost and them both charge at Frieza forcing him to use the vast majority of his current first form power, he's about to transform further but hears Bulma calling the Z-Fighters power up to max so Goku (and Vegeta) will be able to teleport back to Earth from Beerus' Planet, Frieza stops upon hearing this (knowing he could kill them later) and the rest goes as the original Toriyama/Toei's plot.

TBH Today two years ago (five and a half hours ago it was actually in the happening) I have watched Resurrection 'F' for the first time in a my Jerusalem Uni's dorms "theater" (18.05.2015) before continuing to one of the best nights I had in my college time.
Last edited by Israelite Wolfman on Thu May 18, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dragon Sponge
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Sponge » Thu May 18, 2017 5:30 pm

Israelite Wolfman wrote:
DanielSSJ wrote:It is pretty ridiculous to exclude Yamcha and Chiaotzu from both Freeza's invasion and the Tournament Of Power as "not being able to handle it" while also inviting Muten Roshi and Jaco. Though the articles you linked seem to only use material from filler scenes and the movies as evidence of their power, and I'm pretty much a manga purist when it comes to such things. I most certainly don't believe than Yamcha can handle a Cell-tier threat like Olibu.

Mostly due to his Pokemon-like personality and ageless child physics, nobody could attached to him. Sadly. He's a Puar-like character nowadays.

My cast is "as is" alongside Yamcha & Chiaotzu to take down Frieza's 1000 soldiers army, then when Frieza's Mercenaries (yeah, Toriyama meant that there will be such a group - characters wearing a-la-Tagoma and Shisami's model of the Battle Armor, they showed up in the movie and in the manga) steps in Jaco and Roshi have nothing more to sell, so Gohan asks them to sit this one out, just then Androids 18 (who left Marron at Dende's with Videl and Pan) and 17 (who sensed the threat) join the front line, all take care of these 30 mercenaries and then Shisami and Tagoma tangle with Piccolo and Gohan, Shisami is defeated after a very close fight, yet Tagoma swiftly proceeds with an afterimage to bully the exhausted Piccolo, Gohan saves Piccolo in the last moment and gives him a Senzu Krillin tossed him, Androids 17 & 18 who tried to buy them some time in case they're not strong enough to overcome this are getting wrecked by the "New Tagoma", then when all seems ineffective over the "Eggman" SSJ Gotenks charges with a comic relief and headbutts Tagoma in the crouch. Frog-Ginyu who hitched a ride with Bulma and Jaco comes out the Galactic Patrol spaceship and hops in to CHANGE with groin-hurt Tagoma. Ginyu screws everyone around forcing Gohan who's their strongest fighter to go SSJ too and easily knocks the old Captain to the ground. Frieza steps in and tortures Gohan who is forced out of SSJ due to the lack of lifeforce, JUST THEN MAJIN BUU WAKES UP and rushes to the battlefield, preventing Piccolo from sacrificing himself and dodging Frieza's final death beam, he proceeds to heal Gohan who experience a Zenkai boost and them both charge at Frieza forcing him to use the vast majority of his current first form power, he's about to transform further but hears Bulma calling the Z-Fighters power up to max so Goku (and Vegeta) will be able to teleport back to Earth from Beerus' Planet, Frieza stops upon hearing this and the rest goes as the original Toriyama/Toei's plot.

TBH Today two years ago (five and a half hours ago it was actually in the happening) I have watched Resurrection 'F' for the first time in a my Jerusalem Uni's dorms "theater" (18.05.2015) before continuing to one of the best nights I had in my college time.
I like most of your ideas here, that you include even 17 alongside with 18 is pretty cool, its also not bad that you give Shisami more of a Fight. Whats also a great Idea is the fact that you keep Buus sleeping gag but still find a way to include him later, something like that should they have done in the real Version. I would find it funny if Buu would save Piccolo by turning Freeza's Death Beam into Chocolate or even better into a Chocolate Beam, which then would splash all over Piccolo. And Frieza would then be like: "WTF Just happened!?" It would also be funny if Friezy shits his pants when he finds out that, thats Majin Buu. It would be great if someone would cover your ideas in an extensive Fan Edit that would be "mondo cool" :D

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Fri May 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Dragon Sponge wrote: I like most of your ideas here, that you include even 17 alongside with 18 is pretty cool, its also not bad that you give Shisami more of a Fight. Whats also a great Idea is the fact that you keep Buus sleeping gag but still find a way to include him later, something like that should they have done in the real Version. I would find it funny if Buu would save Piccolo by turning Freeza's Death Beam into Chocolate or even better into a Chocolate Beam, which then would splash all over Piccolo. And Frieza would then be like: "WTF Just happened!?" It would also be funny if Friezy shits his pants when he finds out that, thats Majin Buu. It would be great if someone would cover your ideas in an extensive Fan Edit that would be "mondo cool" :D
Thanks! :D That would really make this story from a "minus" to a "HUGE PLUS" for me. :thumbup:
It should be an epic moment: Buu wakes up surprising Satan and flies through the wall towards the battlefield with Bee and Satan stare clueless at each other. Never thought about the chocolate beam except for having Buu turn (some of) the defeated Frieza Soldiers into candy and eat them (as he woke up hungry, the rest will be killed by Frieza to demonstrate his cruelness after Goku & Vegeta arrive) once Frieza is asking Sorbet: "WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY?" :clap:

Considering the fact weaker characters (sadly) like the Earthlings (but more specifically Roshi and Jaco) were there I don't see why Android 18 should let her husband (who is weaker than her!) go there alone instead of go WITH HIM raising their odds to come out triumphant against a villain who won't care about destroying the planet (thus, she won't really be able to save OR EVEN PROTECT Marron if she'd stay with her). If Android 17 was already stronger than his DBZ prime as seen in recent episodes, he was definetly needed to be there (and I'm not a fan of this dull/populistic character at all). It'd be even cooler if he'd try to help Piccolo again, this time against Tagoma, as a payback for their joint battle with Imperfect Cell. :lol:

Image < Image
Or in other words: Chiaotzu is better as an active character than a "Pokemon"/Puar-esque HE GOT REDUCED TO.
Last edited by Israelite Wolfman on Fri May 19, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Fri May 19, 2017 5:03 pm

yes he Yamcha could'v easily replaced roshi

i mean Roshi is weaker than 23th tenkaichi budokai Yamcha , its strange how he was able beat frieza's soldiers effortlessly
My English is poor .