Did Goku Black also destroyed the afterlife?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Did Goku Black also destroyed the afterlife?

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Have anyone discussed about the Afterlife in the Future Trunks arc? Back in the Boo arc, we saw that dying is not really a big problem, King Yemma could allow people to keep their bodies and go the living world if necessary. But in one extreme scenario like Zamasu attempting to kill all Kaioshins in all universes, wouldn't be possible for warriors from the Afterlife or better yet the Hakaishins to come back and try stop him?

Or did Goku Black and Zamasu destroyed the Afterlife in all the 12 universes?
Last edited by Noah on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Re: Did Goku Black also destroyed the Afterlife?

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:18 pm

How are they gonna do that? When they the God of Destruction they tried so hard to avoid is there. Plus I think King Yemma is only exclusive to Universe 7, we don't know the other universe after life's are like Universe 7s.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:20 pm

It wouldn't exactly be a cleansing of the multiverse if he was just moving them to a new place, so he probably did destroy the afterlife.
Retired.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:32 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:It wouldn't exactly be a cleansing of the multiverse if he was just moving them to a new place, so he probably did destroy the afterlife.
They couldn't have the God of Destruction ( they indirectly killed) would be there as well.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:35 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:It wouldn't exactly be a cleansing of the multiverse if he was just moving them to a new place, so he probably did destroy the afterlife.
They couldn't have the God of Destruction ( they indirectly killed) would be there as well.
If he destroyed King Yemma's place first, everyone remains a bodiless soul, unable to proceed. Problem solved!
Retired.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:47 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
If he destroyed King Yemma's place first, everyone remains a bodiless soul, unable to proceed. Problem solved!
How would he even know to do that? And how do you know that it won't have an opposite effect? Like in Fuison Reborn and everyone's come to the afterlife intially with a body, when they get judged by Yemma that's when they will keep it or not. Also, it seems like Gods don't get judged since when Old Kai and King Kai died they were automatically able to keep their body. That could be do to there mortality, but still God of Destruction do what they do because it's there job. To be honest they seems a lot higher on the food chain than Yemma.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:50 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote: They couldn't have the God of Destruction ( they indirectly killed) would be there as well.
How would he even know to do that? And how do you know that it won't have an opposite effect? Like in Fuison Reborn and everyone's come to the afterlife intially with a body, when they get judged by Yemma that's when they will keep it or not. Also, it seems like Gods don't get judged since when Old Kai and King Kai died they were automatically able to keep their body. That could be do to there mortality, but still God of Destruction do what they do because it's there job. To be honest they seems a lot higher on the food chain than Yemma.
I was just coming up with a possible explanation. In reality, no one thought of that when developing the story, or else it would have been explained. It's just another plot hole in the sea of plot holes that is DBS.
Retired.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:22 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:How are they gonna do that? When they the God of Destruction they tried so hard to avoid is there. Plus I think King Yemma is only exclusive to Universe 7, we don't know the other universe after life's are like Universe 7s.
Even if King Yemma is exclusive to the Universe 7, it wouldn't make sense for the other verses to not have a Afterlife either, but I wonder how Black do it to the destroy the whole thang :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Did Goku Black also destroy the afterlife?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:05 pm

I doubt he did. I think Goku and the others in the After Life in Trunks timeline knew that they had no chance on winning. I doubt Goku became a SSjG or above in Trunks timeline. I think Goku Black destroy all the Kaioshin and GoD then later kill of the mortals in U7 before coming to Earth.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Did Goku Black also destroy the afterlife?

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I doubt he did. I think Goku and the others in the After Life in Trunks timeline knew that they had no chance on winning. I doubt Goku became a SSjG or above in Trunks timeline. I think Goku Black destroy all the Kaioshin and GoD then later kill of the mortals in U7 before coming to Earth.
But what about the Hakaishins in the Afterlife? Couldn't King Yemma bring them back to the living world to stop Zamasu reign of terror?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs