The shipping thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The shipping thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:21 am

RisanF wrote:Most of my ships tend to be non-canon, and they usually involve Goku. I know Goku seems diametrically opposed to the concept of shipping in general, but I think that makes for an entertaining challenge, trying to write Goku in a relationship and make it believable. I guess I'm like Goku in that regard: always looking for a challenge. :lol:

Anyway, here are my ships:

Goku/Bulma, the classic Dragon Ball pair, was the first ship I ever wrote about. My fanfic, "Makafushigi Adventure", is still the most popular thing I've ever done. Even 17 years later, it still gets read and reviewed.
This was the first fanfic I ever read. I loved it. Can't believe that was you! :D

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:39 am

Recently for some weird reason I'm shipping Goku X Harley angel.
Tho my first pair was Goku X Bulma (when Goku got taller) until Chichi fcks up everything.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:21 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Recently for some weird reason I'm shipping Goku X Harley angel.
Tho my first pair was Goku X Bulma (when Goku got taller) until Chichi fcks up everything.
...Why are you shipping those too? There's nothing in common with those two, so why are you shipping them :?
ChiChi fucks up everything, especially Goku

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Gog wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Recently for some weird reason I'm shipping Goku X Harley angel.
...Why are you shipping those too? There's nothing in common with those two, so why are you shipping them :?
I dont know mate, weird right :lol: my shipping instincts just came outta nowhere.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:41 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Gog wrote:
I dont know mate, weird right :lol: my shipping instincts just came outta nowhere.

Your ship is your ship, there's no need to justify. And your ship is not problematic (like incest, etc) so it's safe :thumbup:
And Goku is one of the most paired Dragon Ball characters in shipping, despite the popular headcanon that he's asexual (he's incredibly good looking, he matches with anyone).

I have a new ship that I think it's cute: Raditz and Suno. IDK but Raditz Knew his mom and lived for a time with her, so he could apreciate women who shares some characteristcs his mother has. And Suno is the only one who's as sweet as Gine in Dragon Ball, besides blue haired Lunch. I don't think he'd like fiery and strong willed woman like the other saiyans do. It's a shame he's dead...

But I can see Raditz into men too, I just still don't have a yaoi ship for him. Maybe Yamcha?... Nah, I don't think Yamcha's gay.

Or Vegeta and him could've had an affair in the past but that stayed in the past because Vegeta and Bulma are unbreakable to me. The prince and the third class (who's not Kakarot) sounds good to me.

RisanF
Not-So-Newbie

Post by RisanF » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:27 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:
RisanF wrote:Most of my ships tend to be non-canon, and they usually involve Goku. I know Goku seems diametrically opposed to the concept of shipping in general, but I think that makes for an entertaining challenge, trying to write Goku in a relationship and make it believable. I guess I'm like Goku in that regard: always looking for a challenge. :lol:

Anyway, here are my ships:

Goku/Bulma, the classic Dragon Ball pair, was the first ship I ever wrote about. My fanfic, "Makafushigi Adventure", is still the most popular thing I've ever done. Even 17 years later, it still gets read and reviewed.
This was the first fanfic I ever read. I loved it. Can't believe that was you! :D
Ha ha, thanks a lot! :) To tell the truth, "Makafushigi Adventure" actually has a lot of errors and canon inconsistencies, and I'm surprised it holds up as well as it does. But I wrote it not only because I couldn't find many Goku/Bulma stories in 2001, but because there was barely any DBZ stories that referenced the original Dragon Ball, where he used Nyoibo and met old characters again . I wanted to write a robust adventure/romance story with Goku and Bulma, and I'm so glad people remember it fondly.

(also, here's a version of Goku/Bulma with Goku wearing the gi he has when he fights Vegeta in "Makafushigi Adventure."

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:52 pm

Goku & Chi Chi
Vegeta & Bulma
Krillin & 18
Gohan & Videl
Tien & Launch
Yamcha & Maron
Goten & Valese
Erasa & Sharpner
Mr. Satan & Miss Piiza
King Kai & Princess Snake

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:29 am

Oddly, while I'm a big fan of shipping in general (not like bickering with people over who ends up with who, but just the concept of 'these characters are totally cute and I think they'd work well together, let's hope that's how it plays out'), but really, I don't have too awful many Dragon Ball ones, mostly because...well, most of our main characters already are in established relationships, and have been since before the time I was even a fan! So generally I just kind of roll with the pairings without really thinking about them too much, in comparison to other franchises.

That said though, I can think of a few (both canon and fan-wishing, or even alternate reality situations) that I definitely enjoy. Ships like...

Kuririn x Android 18 (Canon, obviously, but ridiculously adorable)
Gohan x Videl (See above)
Trunks x Mai (They've become quite adorable together in recent stuff, and the hilarious awkwardness of it all just makes it too great)
Goku x Bulma (I'd like to think in an alternate situation, this would have worked just as well as him with Chi Chi, if not better)
Goku x Snow (See above)
Goten x Marron (Something about a descendant of Goku and a descendant of Kuririn making their families actually related is pretty sweet to me)
Oob x Pan (Likewise, the idea of Goku's student and his granddaughter becoming a couple in the future also pulls at my heartstrings)

...And that's about it, I guess. One of my fic ideas (out of way too many) does feature the idea of Kuririn x Snow, but only because they meet in said alternate version, so I can't really 'ship' it very well beyond that. Kinda wish there was someone I could see Yamcha with, but nobody has really come to mind.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:07 am

mabalia wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Gog wrote:

Your ship is your ship, there's no need to justify. And your ship is not problematic (like incest, etc) so it's safe :thumbup:
And Goku is one of the most paired Dragon Ball characters in shipping, despite the popular headcanon that he's asexual (he's incredibly good looking, he matches with anyone).

I have a new ship that I think it's cute: Raditz and Suno. IDK but Raditz Knew his mom and lived for a time with her, so he could apreciate women who shares some characteristcs his mother has. And Suno is the only one who's as sweet as Gine in Dragon Ball, besides blue haired Lunch. I don't think he'd like fiery and strong willed woman like the other saiyans do. It's a shame he's dead...
About that....
Its a crack pairing, but it one that actually appeared in a official DB product. Even I was not sold on it, but now I've warmed to it.

As for Suno, I would like to see her and Upa hook up.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:27 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
mabalia wrote:

About that....
Its a crack pairing, but it one that actually appeared in a official DB product. Even I was not sold on it, but now I've warmed to it.

As for Suno, I would like to see her and Upa hook up.
I’d like that Raditz gets redemption arc, Just why couldn’t he be alive like the others who were ex-villains? It’s not fair! The games makes him so interesting, they bring the insecurity side of him and that makes sense because he grew up alongside two powerful warriors and he’s the weakest of them.
But I don’t want him with Princess Snake, she’s evil, she’d try to eat and kill him.

Suno's better for Raditz! :P

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:56 am

mabalia wrote:
I’d like that Raditz gets redemption arc, Just why couldn’t he be alive like the others who were ex-villains? It’s not fair! The games makes him so interesting, they bring the insecurity side of him and that makes sense because he grew up alongside two powerful warriors and he’s the weakest of them.
But I don’t want him with Princess Snake, she’s evil, she’d try to eat and kill him.

I know, right? Without the games I probably wouldn't give a shit, but with them they make him so sympathetic. Sorta makes me wish we could see him again and see more of the side of him that just wants his brother. He seems prime for a redemption arc even though it's only because of the games.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:30 am

I like all the canon ships, so I'm going to list non-canon ships that I'm also a fan of, to a degree...

Goku x Bulma (best friends becoming lovers makes for a good story)
Goku x Vados (imagine how crazy powerful their kid would be)
Future Gohan x Future Bulma (a lonely widow, her best friend's adult son, a desolate, war torn world... it could happen)
Goten x Marron (this needs to happen)
Yamcha x Maron (the poor guy's been shit on enough, let him have something good for a change)
Gohan x Android 18 (makes sense)
Videl x Erasa (giggity)
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:04 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
mabalia wrote:

I know, right? Without the games I probably wouldn't give a shit, but with them they make him so sympathetic. Sorta makes me wish we could see him again and see more of the side of him that just wants his brother. He seems prime for a redemption arc even though it's only because of the games.
I don't want to see him as sympathetic. I like that Goku's brother is a cold heartless bastard. It goes to show that just because you're blood, it doesn't make you family.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 am

Now about Aus, I find them interesting especially when I want pairings with characters that have an established romantic relationship in Canon (but the Canon couples will always be my favorites).

I can see Vegeta and Kakarot together if they lived on Planet Vegeta, especially when the third class Kakarot proves his worthy as a warrior (he’d be the first to reach super saiyan form). In my headcanon saiyans are very liberal in regards of relationships (mostly are very casual and not intense), but like Vegeta is a Prince he still have to choose a saiyan woman to bring to the world his heir (And it could be nice to see Kakarot jealous for the first time).

A warrior that is powerful is more admired and respected. This could be the base of their bond and closeness.

ABED wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
mabalia wrote:

I don't want to see him as sympathetic. I like that Goku's brother is a cold heartless bastard. It goes to show that just because you're blood, it doesn't make you family.
I respect your opinion but obviously I prefer mine.

If a character like Vegeta can go from not caring to save Bulma and baby Trunks in the androids arc to one of the best dad 2017, and a character like Picolo who kidnapped a 4 years old boy and put him a year later in war zone and now is the best nanny 2017, Raditz could easily get a redemption arc.

And I like how the games portray him, he's insecure deep inside, all he needs is love and sweet Suno is just perfect for him.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:57 am

If a character like Vegeta can go from not caring to save Bulma and baby Trunks in the androids arc to one of the best dad 2017, and a character like Picolo who kidnapped a 4 years old boy and put him a year later in war zone and now is the best nanny 2017, Raditz could easily get a redemption arc.

And I like how the games portray him, he's insecure deep inside, all he needs is love and sweet Suno is just perfect for him.
Yes, but why do that with EVERY character? I like those things as well, but ideally the characters should be different. Vegeta was redeemed, so was Piccolo, so why go that route yet again?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:09 pm

ABED wrote:

Yes, but why do that with EVERY character? I like those things as well, but ideally the characters should be different. Vegeta was redeemed, so was Piccolo, so why go that route yet again?

You dislike the idea but I like it. We have different tastes.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:12 pm

1 - It's an idea, what matters is execution. Ideas are a dime a dozen
2 - You said it yourself, Vegeta had that arc and so did Piccolo
3 - If you like those arc, why do it again?

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:25 pm

ABED wrote:
1 - It's an idea, what matters is execution. Ideas are a dime a dozen
2 - You said it yourself, Vegeta had that arc and so did Piccolo
3 - If you like those arc, why do it again?
Abbed, my opinions matter to me, you shouldn't concern yourself about what I like or not. There are opinions in this thread that I disagree but I never understood why I should impose my way of thinking in a topic that fans are just having fun. I never said anything that you shouldn't enjoy the character Raditz anyway you want, I said that I respect your opinion, why couldn't you respect mine?

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:04 am

New shipp

Yajirobe + This Angel
Vados Sama!

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:09 am

The question to keep that ship sailing is the deal breaker: can she cook?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif