The shipping thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: The shipping thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Gog wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Ok this is really really wrong but........Gohan x Cocoa.
My lord why not Gohan X Cocoa X Videl?
Good for pleasure not so for a good story. I love DB slice of life stories and good fanfics. I'd love a story of how Gohan starts seeing more of her and finds himself developing genuine feeling for Cocoa.

But of all the things not to get fanfics or art its Gohan X Cocoa....at least none I can find. :cry:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:12 pm

I ship.

Goku X Vegeta X Freeza X Vados Clown God X Harley angel X Universe 10 angel X that girl god of destruction

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Doctor. wrote:I've shipped Goku x Vegeta from the start of the ages.
Maybe this is the actual reason of why both of them left Earth in db online
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Gog wrote:I ship.

Goku X Vegeta X Freeza X Vados Clown God X Harley angel X Universe 10 angel X that girl god of destruction
So... you ship polygamy? :?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Gog wrote:I ship.

So... you ship polygamy? :?
No I actually only ship things like.

Freeza X Vados, Frost X Fem Broly, Chilled X Bardock. Stuff like that.

I only shipped all of those guys together for fun.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:55 pm

I'm not usually one for shipping, but...
Lord Beerus wrote:Trunks and Mai.

I don't care about the circumstances, I seriously dig that couple. Especially their future alternate timeline counterparts.
I enjoy this one for two reasons:

1. How absolutely fucking ridiculous it is when you try to wrap your head around it.
2. The continent of salty butthurt it causes.

Also the entirely never-going-to-happen hypothetical female!Broly x Yamcha. It reminds me of Krillin's marriage, in that he's a retired martial artist with a much stronger female. As well as Bulma's, in that he's an Earthling with a Saiyan (which would be interesting to me, as it would sort of mirror how his ex moved on).

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Zangya X Raditz
Why? I have a theory that Raditz's fetish is blue-skinned women.
How else do you explain why Raditz fought Bojack in his Galaxy Mode in Raging Blast 2? Its obviously for Zangya!

But, Raditz's bae is Princess Snake.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:16 pm

My non-canon ship is Vegeta x Gokû. That Dragon Ball Online ending for them was perfect imo.

Canon ships are:
Future Trunks x Future Mai
Zamasu x Gokû Black
Gokû x Chi-Chi
Krillin x 18
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Whis x Beerus
But Double4Ankme says otherwise: https://youtu.be/qrZQyHDiThA

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Chuquita wrote:My non-canon ship is Vegeta x Gokû. That Dragon Ball Online ending for them was perfect imo.

Canon ships are:
Future Trunks x Future Mai
Zamasu x Gokû Black
Gokû x Chi-Chi
Krillin x 18
You forgot Gohan and videl
Freeza9000 wrote:Whis x Beerus
But Double4Ankme says otherwise: https://youtu.be/qrZQyHDiThA
    sigh double4anime is cancer
    Mostly active on discord.

Chuquita
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Oh I definitely support Gohan x Videl. I just had more fun following them in Z than I do in Super.
    My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
    ---
    フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Chuquita wrote:Oh I definitely support Gohan x Videl. I just had more fun following them in Z than I do in Super.
    You know, I've always found that most of the entertainment that came out from Gohan and Videl interacting with each other was when they weren't a couple. When they were just strangers to each other that were brought together by coincidence and Videl blackmailing Gohan into making him teaching her how to fly. The awkwardness of Gohan handling the whole situation was wonderful. But I never really got much out of the Gohan/Videl relationship when they officially did became a couple because the moments between then were so few and far between. Even in GT you don't really see much of them together. The only moment that I got a kick out of in regards to when Videl and Gohan were a couple was when they both dressed up the Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyawomen and arrived at a bank robbery only for the robbers to give up when they made their dramatic entrances. That was hilarious. But that was really all I got out of the relationship between them. To Super's credit though, they wonderfully emphasised just how genuine and pure the love is between Gohan and Videl with the whole Barry Kahn mini-arc.

floofychan333
    Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Gog wrote:With the new reveal of female Broly.

Fem Broly X Frost.

The perfect women for him
    How do you know it's female Broly? Also, I'm pretty sure humanoids and reptiloids can't reproduce.
    "All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

floofychan333
    Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:04 pm

Mr Satan x Majin Buu. Easily the cutest unofficial couple and apparently Majins can be attracted to humans as shown when Buu hit on that girl and transformed into some movie star.
    "All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Gog
    I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:19 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
    Gog wrote:With the new reveal of female Broly.

Fem Broly X Frost.

The perfect women for him
    How do you know it's female Broly? Also, I'm pretty sure humanoids and reptiloids can't reproduce.
    Because Legendary super saiyan, also that is another point in my ship's favor. Endless sex without any consequence's

Pickle_Jar
    Not-So-Newbie

Post by Pickle_Jar » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Myself and Piccolo. :lol: Had to say it!

Okay okay this is character shipping.

Vegeta/Bulma
    Piccolo/Chichi <--- I'm trash lmao :wave:

ETA because I hit tab by accident and the post sent!

My slash ships.

Piccolo/Gohan (grown up Gohan)
    Goku/Vegeta
    Raditz/Anybody

Raditz is funny because I headcanon him as bi, so he likes the men and the ladies equally!
    :mrgreen: I'm a cucumber, so don't put me in the pickle jar! :mrgreen:

RandomGuy96
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Fuck all your ships.
    The Monkey King wrote:
    RandomGuy96 wrote:
    dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
    He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
    It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
    Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Gog
    I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:52 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Fuck all your ships.
    THE SHIPS SHALL PREVAIL They are the best part of the franchise by the way.

DBZAOTA482
    Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Bring it muthafucka'....

Anyways... I'm all for Oob x Pan, Tien x Chiaotzu, and Piccolo (or Yamcha) x Chi-Chi.
    fadeddreams5 wrote:
    DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
    Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
    jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

RandomGuy96
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:00 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
    Bring it muthafucka'....
    Already brought it:
    The Monkey King wrote:
    RandomGuy96 wrote:
    dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
    He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
    It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
    Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.