The shipping thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pickle_Jar
Not-So-Newbie

Re: The shipping thread

Post by Pickle_Jar » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:04 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Fuck all your ships.

You can fuck our ships, but we like to imagine that our ships fuck! :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: I'm a cucumber, so don't put me in the pickle jar! :mrgreen:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:17 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Fuck all your ships.
Bring it muthafucka'....
Already brought it:
Thanks for bringing me the newspaper on the Japanese warship I destroyed. Too bad you have to go:

fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:51 pm

I'm sure Dragon Ball will end with Goku romantically carrying Vegeta into the sunset because they're the only two people in the world so devoted to their training.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:46 pm

You know, I've always found that most of the entertainment that came out from Gohan and Videl interacting with each other was when they weren't a couple. When they were just strangers to each other that were brought together by coincidence and Videl blackmailing Gohan into making him teaching her how to fly. The awkwardness of Gohan handling the whole situation was wonderful. But I never really got much out of the Gohan/Videl relationship when they officially did became a couple because the moments between then were so few and far between.
The Moonlighting Curse?
floofychan333 wrote:I'm sure Dragon Ball will end with Goku romantically carrying Vegeta into the sunset because they're the only two people in the world so devoted to their training.
With "Up Where We Belong" playing in the background.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Oh I definitely support Gohan x Videl. I just had more fun following them in Z than I do in Super.
You know, I've always found that most of the entertainment that came out from Gohan and Videl interacting with each other was when they weren't a couple. When they were just strangers to each other that were brought together by coincidence and Videl blackmailing Gohan into making him teaching her how to fly. The awkwardness of Gohan handling the whole situation was wonderful. But I never really got much out of the Gohan/Videl relationship when they officially did became a couple because the moments between then were so few and far between. Even in GT you don't really see much of them together. The only moment that I got a kick out of in regards to when Videl and Gohan were a couple was when they both dressed up the Great Saiyaman and Great Saiyawomen and arrived at a bank robbery only for the robbers to give up when they made their dramatic entrances. That was hilarious. But that was really all I got out of the relationship between them. To Super's credit though, they wonderfully emphasised just how genuine and pure the love is between Gohan and Videl with the whole Barry Kahn mini-arc.
Give this man a medal :clap:
Mostly active on discord.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Yes and by pure, you could mean chaste. There's no heat. It feels like a romance between two kids.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:57 am

Toriyama's track record on this is 50/50 at best. Krillin/18 and Vegeta/Bulma are still lots of fun while watching paint dry is hotter than Gohan & Videl's interactions in Super.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:05 am

Basaku wrote:Toriyama's track record on this is 50/50 at best. Krillin/18 and Vegeta/Bulma are still lots of fun while watching paint dry is hotter than Gohan & Videl's interactions in Super.
Truth... I'm getting hard watching paint dry right now. :P
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:09 am

What's sad is Gohan and Videl is the only shipping in the Manga that's actually good in my opinion... One of the only good aspects of the Boo Arc too.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:40 am

Uub X Pan could work.
Goten x Marron is something I could get behind, if it ever comes to pass.
I'm shocked no one has brought up Bardock X Gine or Tarble X Gure.

For LULZ,
Yamcha x Saibaman
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:50 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Basaku wrote:Toriyama's track record on this is 50/50 at best. Krillin/18 and Vegeta/Bulma are still lots of fun while watching paint dry is hotter than Gohan & Videl's interactions in Super.
Truth... I'm getting hard watching paint dry right now. :P
........how do I remove this mental image now.. :?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:08 am

For some reason I now have decided to ship Omni King X Shu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:16 am

Gog wrote:For some reason I now have decided to ship Omni King X Shu
It's best if you keep that reason to yourself, not sure if I wanna know that

For my ship I choose fem broly x gohan
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:20 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Gog wrote:For some reason I now have decided to ship Omni King X Shu
It's best if you keep that reason to yourself, not sure if I wanna know that

For my ship I choose fem broly x gohan
Actually I even have a new ship that I like.

Akira Toriyama X Young Jiji, and Toyotaro.

They finally get to see the full beauty of the creator.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:31 am

Regarding canon ships for now...

Goku X Chi Chi: Those two are NOT good for each other. Like Jesus Christ it's obvious.

Vegeta X Bulma: Meh... They're kinda cute together I guess, but I'm a little biased because I was always a devout Yamcha X Bulma shipper.

Gohan X Videl: This one saddens me right now. In the Buu arc they were an awesome couple, but in Super they're the most boring generic couple ever. That's mainly the fault of the characters now. Videl has became a boring housewife who shows about as much emotion as a brick wall, and Gohan is the most inconsistently boring character ever ever.

Krillin X 18: No complaints here. Best canon couple right now. (Though I still think Krillin out of character OFTEN in Super)

Trunks X Mai: I really don't get why this is a thing but I kinda like it. It's a surprisingly good pairing.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:58 am

Tien & Blonde Launch = Could be one of the bests couples, but didn't happened! =/

Yamcha & Vados = I'm shipping this! It has to happen! Come on!
Vados Sama!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:01 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Regarding canon ships for now...

Goku X Chi Chi: Those two are NOT good for each other. Like Jesus Christ it's obvious.

Vegeta X Bulma: Meh... They're kinda cute together I guess, but I'm a little biased because I was always a devout Yamcha X Bulma shipper.

Gohan X Videl: This one saddens me right now. In the Buu arc they were an awesome couple, but in Super they're the most boring generic couple ever. That's mainly the fault of the characters now. Videl has became a boring housewife who shows about as much emotion as a brick wall, and Gohan is the most inconsistently boring character ever ever.

Krillin X 18: No complaints here. Best canon couple right now. (Though I still think Krillin out of character OFTEN in Super)

Trunks X Mai: I really don't get why this is a thing but I kinda like it. It's a surprisingly good pairing.
All of these are legitimate complaints and are a thing because the writers handling it are used to generic anime and can't grasp the concept of Dragonball till now..

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:12 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:Uub X Pan could work.
Goten x Marron is something I could get behind, if it ever comes to pass.
I'm shocked no one has brought up Bardock X Gine or Tarble X Gure.
mabalia wrote:Canon: gochi and all canon pairings.

Not canon: Goten and Marron, Bra and Uub, Yamcha and Lunch, Cabba and female Broli/Brolina (unless they're siblings because I dislike incest)
I did say I like all canon pairings, even the weirdest of them, FTrunks and FMai I like (maybe if I had forgotten who Mai was in the original manga, I could like this pairing more). I love Bardock and Gine, Tarble and Gure too!

Even my crack couples don't mess with the canon ones, unless they're in AU. Toriyama can make couples with interesting interactions and dynamics.

And I'd like to add Bra and Pan too, I like them together. It's because we know nothing about Bra and her personality that's easy to make a headcanon involving her, particulaly I like to see her as bisexual and it's because of this that I have a hard time choosing which pairing I prefer for her, I love her with Uub too. But the three of them can be in a relationship too in my headcanon.

But I'll accept what Toriyama/Toei intends to do with the character, if they want to make her only heterosexual and in a relationship with a random guy we know nothing about, I won't have problem with this.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:02 pm

ABED wrote:The Moonlighting Curse?
I have no idea what that is.

Please educate me, sir. :)

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ABED wrote:The Moonlighting Curse?
I have no idea what that is.

Please educate me, sir. :)
On the TV show Moonlighting, starring Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepherd, the central 'ship had great chemistry. Much of it was predicated on their sexual tension. However, once they consummated the relationship, the tension was gone and the quality of the show diminished. Now whenever a show's central will they/won't they couple consummates the relationship and the show drops in quality, people say it's the Moonlighting Curse.