How would you move past EoZ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

How would you move past EoZ?

Post by Xeztin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:34 am

Basically as the title says, if you were to continue the original manga how would you move past the EoZ? I've seen many people say they'd like to see Super pass it but I wonder what some of your guys' ideas are? Honestly, I don't have any of my own because I wouldn't know what to do without it turning into GT or it turning into an evil Goku. I honestly can't think of anything original, alien tyrants, androids, monsters, and mystical creatures have already been done and so has exploring worlds like in GT. Zombies is too stale for a series like Dragon Ball too, perhaps I'd follow Teen Goten, Trunks, and Oob during their school/training/adventures but coming up with a threat would be hard! Especially an original one!

This is basically a two part question -
1) How would you move past EoZ if you don't add Super in the same continuity during the 5 year time skip, meaning BoG and basically all of Super didn't happen. (This is not saying that Beerus and the characters introduced in Super can't exist)

2) How would you move past EoZ taking Super into account up until now, meaning by EoZ Goku has the power of SSJB.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: How would you move past EoZ?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:40 am

I don't have any specific ideas, but doing it using Super's current standard wouldn't be difficult. Have Goku train Oob, then move on into whatever story they want to tell.
Retired.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:08 am

1st half of GT's episode 1 was Spot on.

Goku & Uub training & an unexpected circumstance involves DragonBall with Goku as savior.

I would keep Goku as an adult though

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:00 am

It will be basically the same thing it always has been, you have so many gods they can't even touch now, I imagine it would be still the case when super reaches eoz..
It will move with it's normal threat's but with uub added to the cast
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:13 am

Personally I'd like to see a retelling of "EoZ", before moving on to Uub's training with Goku. From then on is anyone's guess.

I've given GT as fair a chance as I have given the rest of this series, but I still can't stand it unfortunately. I won't deny that there are plenty of good ideas and concepts in the series, but as I'm sure most will agree, the execution just wasn't there. Also, I can't stand SSJ4, but that's my own personal gripe. Anyway...

In terms of the series long term future, "Beyond Z" or whatever, I wish that there was a strong enough cast of "up-and-coming" characters to take over from the current main cast, but unfortunately I'm not confident that there is. In terms of current children, we have Uub (b. 774?), Goten (b. 767), Pan (b. 779), Trunks (b. 766), Bra (or Bulla, whatever, b. 780) and Marron (b. 771), which could be ideal. I can already hear the sexist and insecure screaming "FEMALE CHARACTERS HELL NO!", but its 2017...

Moving on, disregarding GT, which is a definite possibility, Uub, Bra, Marron and Pan all essentially have "clean slates" as characters, so they can be whatever we want them to be. They can be as good, or as bad, as the writers allow them to be. I've never really liked Goten and Trunks as characters myself though, and I gather from there lack of activity in Super that they aren't that universally popular anyway, so I'm not sure how good they'd be at carrying the show.

Anyway this is just me thinking out loud. The day Goku stops being the main focus of this series is the day this series ends!
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Either give GT a reboot and go from there or just leave EoZ as it is.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:41 pm

I'd of course take all of Super into account but I'm not sure what I'd do.

I wouldn't want to remake GT or animate Xenoverse/Online's stories cause those are already being told somewhere else so I'd just have Goku's story continue. I'd bring back Piccolo and Gohan and have them be full time main characters.

Pan, Uub, Goten & Trunks would also play main roles in the story.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Have a brief montage of Goku training a young Oob, along with Vegeta and Trunks training Bra and Piccolo and Gohan training Pan, thus setting up the trio as the main characters.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:24 pm

With a Cliffhanger of Pilaf messing up the next wish and becoming old.

Then cut to Dende's Palace and showing a dark room with seven Dragon Balls in it.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

Meawhile I would let them play like the last notes of the instrumental version of Dan Dan Kokoro.

Or just the full thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKHRQwCljlQ
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:15 pm

I'd timeskip Goku training Uub for a few years then show everyone return. The series starts off with Pan showing everyone how she can go SSJ and everyone being amazed. Also, Ox-King dies (because he's pretty old and not immortal like Roshi), Gohan is a professor who still trains and is willing to jump in a fight if necessary, Goku and Vegeta surpass Beerus, and Trunks becomes the tertiary protagonist of the series.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Just have Goku meeting Uub, a training montage, and we'll continue on past Z without any hiccups. Then they'll keep on defeating various threats as usual.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:30 pm

Three words for you.

Fukkatsu no C.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:36 pm

nickzambuto wrote:Three words for you.

Fukkatsu no C.
(╬゚◥益◤゚)No. Only Freeza is allowed to come back.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:51 am

Goku & Vegeta in supporting mentor roles, that's #1. Without it no "new generation" will ever happen. Just look at GT.

Dunno what to do with Uub. He needs extensive developement and introduction before he could even be considered main cast. EOZ really sucks in this regard, introducing new character last minute and making him instantly super important for no reason. Maybe pull a Dende on him and make him new God of Destruction, gives him important position yet frees the series up from this bizarre "obligation" to make him new main character or part of the main cast

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:20 am

Cetra wrote:With a Cliffhanger of Pilaf messing up the next wish and becoming old.

Then cut to Dende's Palace and showing a dark room with seven Dragon Balls in it.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

Meawhile I would let them play like the last notes of the instrumental version of Dan Dan Kokoro.

Or just the full thing:

If this ever happens, I would cry...a lot.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:20 am

successoroffate wrote: If this ever happens, I would cry...a lot.
Out of joy or what?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:02 am

Cetra wrote:With a Cliffhanger of Pilaf messing up the next wish and becoming old.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

Or just the full thing:

...That will never happen, I'm sorry. But both of the series are just too different to successfully mix at this point. And even then the dragon ball franchise is trying it's hardest to uninvolve itself with GT as much as possible.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:10 am

Gog wrote: ...That will never happen, I'm sorry. But both of the series are just too different to successfully mix at this point. And even then the dragon ball franchise is trying it's hardest to uninvolve itself with GT as much as possible.
It seems we have another canditate here that thinks fiction needs to follow the real axiom of "a and !a events cannot happen together" to actually exist.

That is not the case. It is the reason why invented stories work in the first place, no matter with which rules and with how many errors.

And pardon me? The Dragon Ball Franchise? It does not do a thing to not be connected with GT or are you not aware how much of a big deal it is in stuff like Dragon Ball Heroes?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:19 am

Cetra wrote:
Gog wrote: ...That will never happen, I'm sorry. But both of the series are just too different to successfully mix at this point. And even then the dragon ball franchise is trying it's hardest to uninvolve itself with GT as much as possible.
It seems we have another canditate here that thinks fiction needs to follow the real axiom of "a and !a events cannot happen together" to actually exist.

That is not the case. It is the reason why invented stories work in the first place, no matter with which rules and with how many errors.

And pardon me? The Dragon Ball Franchise? It does not do a thing to not be connected with GT or are you not aware how much of a big deal it is in stuff like Dragon Ball Heroes?
It's not a case of that, it's a case of that they literally cannot exist in the same universe. However GT can still exist after Dragon Ball Super, it would just have to be heavily altered to fit in nicely.

I wasn't aware that GT was popular with dragon ball heros. Sorry about that.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:23 am

Gog wrote: It's not a case of that, it's a case of that they literally cannot exist in the same universe. However GT can still exist after Dragon Ball Super, it would just have to be heavily altered to fit in nicely.
And how would that "literally" be if you say that the point that I already said which does not matter (the point of contradictions being very irrelevant in fiction)? Also, of course the point is that it should happen after Super so I do not know why that second sentence was necessary. I think it is obvious that time-wise it lies after Super. And yet you mention "altering" and "fitting in" once more, so apparently the "it is not a case of that" was not meant to be about my explanation of how contradictions do not matter that much. Apparently you very well think they do. I think you misunderstood my a and !a comment. It was not about Super and GT co-existing during the same time-frame. It was a general axiomatix statements that I posted to cover the "inconsistent events" parts.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy