Great performances of Dragon Ball actors in other productions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Re: Great performances of Dragon Ball actors in other productions

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:11 pm

DragonBallKing wrote:
ABED wrote: Because that dub didn't have any silly dialog?
It defiantly did, but they like the corny cheesy dialogue but because the 99 funi dub is still uncensored and keeps all the blood and death in tact they think of It as the Hardcore Edgy DeeBeeZee while they see Ocean as the kiddie version.
The 1999 Funi dub may have been uncut, but I'd take the edited Saban-Ocean dub over it. At least the actors had experience in doing voices for cartoons and anime. The performances of the Saban-Ocean dub have a charm to it that makes me love watching it. The performances of the 1999 Funimation dub on the other hand make me cringe and make me glad that the actors of that dub have improved with Kai.
ABED wrote:The scripts were pretty bad, but the actors made chicken salad out of chicken scratch. I honestly think the Ocean dub is better than people remember it being.
If the Ocean dub had been uncut, then people would have more fond memories of it.
DragonBallKing wrote:
ABED wrote:The scripts weren't horrible, but the actors made chicken salad out of chicken scratch. I honestly think the Ocean dub is better than people remember it being.
Well the "next dimension"/"brilliant scientist" censorship stuff really held back the potential, and that censorship is the main reason Funi dub fans think that their dub is the good one and the Ocean one is crappy because they associate it with censorship kinda like 4Kids.
I'm surprised you said that, since you said in another thread that you thought that most of the Ocean voices were mediocre or generic. Personally, I thought most of them were good. Ox-King, King Kai and Recoome sound much better in Ocean than in Funimation.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.