Great performances of Dragon Ball actors in other productions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Great performances of Dragon Ball actors in other productions

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:05 pm

Based in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37404 , I'm creating this one.

But now its time to talk about Dragon Ball actors in general, not only the english ones, but the japaneses, frenches, germans, and etc, about great performances they did in other shows(being dubbers or original voices).

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Great performances of Dragon Ball actors in other productions

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:13 pm

For start:

Kazuya Nakai(Tagoma) as Zapp in Kekkai Sensen and Roronoa Zoro in One Piece.
Mayumi Tanaka(Krillin) as Monkey D. Luffy.
Peter Kelamis(Ocean Goku) as Rolf from Ed, Edd 'n Eddy.
Wendel Bezerra(Brazilian Goku) as Spongebob.
Brian Drummond(Ocean Vegeta) as Ryuk from Death Note.
Mario Castañeda(Mexican Goku) as Jim Carrey in many movies.
Luiz Antônio Lobue(Brazilian Piccolo) as Dr. House.
Brad Swaile(Ocean Gohan) as Amuro Ray in Gundam franchise.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:08 am

Katsuyuki Konishi(Ginyu in Kai/Super) as the 9th Doctor in japanese dubbing of Doctor Who.
Jason Douglas as Krieg the Psycho from Borderlands 2.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:39 pm

- Norio Wakamoto (Cell) in anything
- Ryūsei Nakao (Freeza) as Mayuri Kurotsuchi
- Takeshi Kusao (Trunks) as Hanamichi Sakuragi
- Toshio Furukawa (Piccolo) as Portgas D. Ace
- Kōichi Yamadera (Beerus) as Spike Spiegel, Ryoji Kaji and Togusa
- Hikaru Midorikawa (Tien) as Heero Yuy, Lancer and Sakamoto

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:48 pm

Toshiyuki Morikawa.

He only had a small role in a Dragon Ball movie but his performance as Sephiroth in Final Fantasy is ... real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GcD-YsWOGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkPmS1UBeMo&t=57s
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:51 pm

I love you Saint Evolution. You really had a much better idea! I will put my list later on though.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:56 pm

Norio wokamoto(cell)in everything
    Ryūsei nakao(frieza) as ceasar the clown
      Mayumi Tanaka(krillin) as Luffy
        kazuya nakai(tagoma) as zorro
          brian Drummond (ocean Vegeta)as sonic
            Vic micogna(broly) as Edward elric
              daemon Clark(cell) as handsome jack
                Chris sabat(Vegeta piccolo etc) in everything
                Mostly active on discord.

SaintEvolution
                OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I love you Saint Evolution. You really had a much better idea! I will put my list later on though.
                Thank you. Also I have more names to put here.

EDIT.: I encountered some videos of some of the performances I've mentioned at first, if you guys wanna see it:

Peter Kelamis(Ocean Goku) as Rolf from Ed, Edd 'n Eddy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VFX5feu8U4
                Wendel Bezerra(Brazilian Goku) as Spongebob - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlmWYri_33Y
                Brian Drummond(Ocean Vegeta) as Ryuk from Death Note - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWB6Db1y2iw
                Mario Castañeda(Mexican Goku) as Jim Carrey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPr4rv4wo_k
                Kazuya Nakai(Tagoma) as Zapp in Kekkai Sensen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZMRt9v-NG0
                Last edited by SaintEvolution on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cure Dragon 255
                Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:38 pm

I love you even more now! I'm glad you enjoy Mario Castañeda's work.
                Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

SaintEvolution
                OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:53 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I love you even more now! I'm glad you enjoy Mario Castañeda's work.
                Thank you. His Jim Carrey is really good.

More names:

Shinichiro Miki(Zamasu) in most of the roles he did in anime at all, with some featuring to Kisuke Urahara and Genzo Wakabayashi.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOa-LhQqqsc

Hikaru Midorikawa(Tien and 16) as Sakamoto from Gintama, Tamahome from Fushigi Yuugi, among many others.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D1lyb2MH8k
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWoYYMKNpx8

Ryusei Nakao as Mayuri Kurotsuchi from Bleach, Baikinman in Ampanman series, among many others.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Isg3fzbS9g

Chris Sabat as Fenrir, Geb, He Bo and others in Smite game.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlfMb61oV6s

Wendee Lee(Bulma in the Harmony Gold and Bang Zoom! DBS english dubs) in a big part of anime characters she did since 90's to nowdays, with some featuring for Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop and Chris Mackenzie from Gundam 0080, among many others.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5XiKGlZrUY

Marcelo Campos(Trunks) in most part of brazilian anime dub he did, with some featuring to his works as Edward Elric in FMA series, Unicorn Jabu/Aries Mu in Saint Seiya, Duo Maxwell in Gundam Wing, and Yugi Muto/Yami Yugi in Yugioh series, among others.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDcUKbElHUc
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrnzjllDDVI

Takeshi Kusao(Trunks) in most part of anime voicing he did, with some featuring to Unicorn Jabu/Capricorn Shura in Saint Seiya, Kiyouichi Saiyonji in Utena, Sakuragi Hanamichi in Slam Dunk, among many others.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kUmH4DLrBM

Angél Corpa(European Spanish Frieza) as Bodin in Arslan Senki series.
                (no video encountered)

David Nathan(German Piccolo) as Johnny Depp in many movies.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vteq1jZ_lwY

8000 Saiyan
                I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Hirotaka Suzuoki as Tatewaki Kuno, Bright Noa and Kojiro Hyuga
                Toru Furuya as Amuro Ray and Ribbons Almark
                Kappei Yamaguchi as Inuyasha, Ranma, L and Usopp
                Ryo Horikawa as Captain Falcon
                Chikao Otsuka as Dr. Eggman
                "It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

huzaifa_ahmed
                Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:59 am

Lord Beerus wrote:- Norio Wakamoto (Cell) in anything
                Basicly. DB has the best Japanese VAs around. Silly this is the one anime that people be like "ew, terrible JP VAs!" Baka lol.

(Anyway, since I spoke on all - or most of - the English VAs in the previous one..I'll do as you did here, adding more games & other VAs too) Aside from what Beerus mentioned:

Norio Wakamoto - Mr. Sinister, Akuma/M. Bison, Dio Brando, & his Dissidia character. He's like the Japanese Christopher Walken, or Ron Perlman, or Keith David, etc...

Ryūsei Nakao as Starscream (or was it Cobra Commander?), Yakko, & Vaccine Man.

Takeshi Kusao as Ky Kiske, Sonic the Hedgehog, Toonami TOM, Sly Cooper, Patrick Bateman.

Toshio Furukawa as Jann Lee of Dead or Alive, Sonic the Hedgehog (yup), Satotz i HxH, young Roy Campbell in MGS, Ace in OP, & Kai in Gundam. Also I find him incredibly attractive.

Koichi Yamadera is the holy grail of Japanese VAs. All his stuff is good. Standouts might be Sebastian (Little Mermaid/Kingdom Hearts), LEGO Batman, Joel of Last of Us, Vincent in Catherine, Lugia, & Silva for me. Phenomenal impressionist. Best dubber ever.

Hikaru Midorikawa - Marth, Link, Zelgadis, bunch of others. Dude is like...the Michael Bell of Japan or something. Really great pretty-boy voice. (Actually, Crispin Freeman'd make a better comparison there.) One of the greatest & most prominent JP VAs ever.

Mayumi Tanaka - Megaman Volnutt, & Luffy of course. Another great, & much like a Nancy Cartwright of sorts.

Daisuke Gori - Hulk, General Praxis (Ratchet & Clank), Heihachi, Bask Om, Dozle Zabi, Jinbei, General Andross & Pig (Star Fox), Scott Dolph (MGS2), the Iron Giant. The Japanese Kevin Michael Richardson, RIP.

Takeshi Aono - Roy Campbell, Joker. I feel like I should know this guy's roles much better. RIP.

Masako Nozawa - Guilmon, Elekid (even in the dub), Kureha, Merryweather, Doug (yes, the Disney one), "Pidge" from "Voltron", Tetsuro Hoshino of 999.

Banjo Ginga - Liquid Snake. "Riikiddo Suneku?!" :D Gihren Zabi, The piranha in Little Mermaid, Souther, Final Netero in HxH, Bayman from Dead or Alive, Jack D'Arby Jack & first Heihachi. Another epic KMR/MCDuncan-esque bass voice.

Hirotaka Suzuoki - Sakaki/"Giovanni" in Pokémon, Bright Noa in Gundam, come to mind. I really like this guy's voice. Really warm & leader-like. Reminds me of Nolan North or Michael Gough (or, y'know...Cam Clarke or Troy Baker)

Saw Gundam recently (OVAs, subtitled, currently on Zeta) & I dig Toru Furuya's Amuro of course. Also if I didnt mention him elsewhere, Brad Swaile is great there too.

Hiromi Tsuru - Naomi Hunter & PS1 Motoko.

Ryūzaburo Ōtomo - oh God, this guy's voice - Sir Crocodile, Black Doom, Tetsuo (the early bully in YGO), the Soulcalibur boss, a metric ton of basses.

Tessho Genda - Batman, Mr. Freeze, Optimus Prime, Naruto's Kurama, Guile in SF, Mace Windu, Kratos, Kamex/Blastoise, the Punisher, Akira police officer, Tigger, Toguro, Dozle Zabi. Sam Jackson. Shaq. nuff said. Both big & small characters. Like Cummings tbh.

Kenji Utsumi - the last really deep bass voice on this list. Alex Armstrong, Garland, his FnS roles, Parallax, pretty great legacy.

Koji Ishii - Garterbelt & Garland - both Sabat dubs, come to think of it.

Shigeru Chiba - Megatron & Kazuma Kuwabara. He's in FF Type-0 too, but tbh I dont know him much. Like Aono earlier.

Shozo Iizuka - UKA UKA!, :D, Neo Cortex, Tetsujin in Giant Robo, Iedolas in FFXV.

Ryō Horikawa - Robin/Tim Drake, Jin Long, Edward Fokker, Gilbart (FF4), Reinhard (LoGH), Makuramon, Karasu, Captain Falcon of course!

Joji Yanami - Harlock characters

Hidekatsu Shibata - Fuhrer Bradley, Harlock narrator, Monkey Dragon, Sarutobi/3rd Hokage. Dunno who to compare him to.

Hideyuki Hori - one consistent Ryu Hayabusa

Tetsu Inada - Lu Bu!, Gamagori, Love Aikawa. Anther good brute VA.

Katsuyuki Konishi - Lloyd in Tales, Marx in Fire Emblem Fates, Kamina. Mainly brutal/rambunctious heroes. Kinda like Brian Bloom?

Daisuke Kishio - Noel in FF13, thats about it unfortunately. Kinda reminds me of Greg Cipes or something.

Masakazu Morita - Tidus, Dynasty Warriors, & Ichigo Kurosaki.

Mitsuo Iwata - He was Kaneda in Akira. Enough said.

Kazuya Nakai - Zolo (dont kill me lol), Mugen, Wakka, Gilgamesh, Aragaki in Persona, very cool gruff voice ala Blum or DiMaggio.

Kappei Yamaguchi - all that 8000 Saiayan said, plus Teddie from Perspna 4.

Chikao Ōtsuka - RIP, another legend JP VA. His Big Boss is the stuff of legend, as are Master Xehanort, Eggman, his Asura's Wrath work, & Zenigata from Lupin.

Yuriko Yamaguchi - Nico Robin.

Kazuhiro Yamaji - never played RE7 but his dub sounds good based on clips.

Shinichiro Miki - Kojiro/"James", Bruce Wayne, Prince of Persia, Roy Mustang, Urahara, Lizardon/"Charizard", Ishitsubute/"Geodude", Pokedex, loads. Another legend veteran.

Nobuyuki Hiyama - Link, Viral, Nightmare/Siegfried (tend to prefer Crispin Freeman but still), Ikkaku Madarame.

Phil LaMarr - various FF12 roles, Gren Lantern, Samurai Jack, Afro Samurai & brothers, Static Shock!

Keith Ferguson - Bloo in Foster's, Marluxia in KH dubs, Reaper in Overwatch

Fred Tatasciore - Kakuzu, Hulk, Soldier 76, Magnus, Daimon Baird, Megatron. One of my personal favorite VAs ever, like an English Kenta Miyake.

Troy Baker - I can't even choose, but I love Snow, Sigma, & Pain FWIH. I'll get to BI & tLou soon enough.

I think that's everybody in Japanese, & all the non-dub English ones. I wish I saw more European stuff, I love Mexican-Spanish Cell & Vegeta, & Castañeda is a really good Gokū.

SaintEvolution
                OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:07 am

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:
                Basicly. DB has the best Japanese VAs around. Silly this is the one anime that people be like "ew, terrible JP VAs!" Baka lol.

(Anyway, since I spoke on all - or most of - the English VAs in the previous one..I'll do as you did here, adding more games & other VAs too) Aside from what Beerus mentioned:

Norio Wakamoto - Mr. Sinister, Akuma/M. Bison, Dio Brando, & his Dissidia character. He's like the Japanese Christopher Walken, or Ron Perlman, or Keith David, etc...

Takeshi Kusao as Ky Kiske, Sonic the Hedgehog, Toonami TOM, Sly Cooper, Patrick Bateman.

Toshio Furukawa as Jann Lee of Dead or Alive, Sonic the Hedgehog (yup), Satotz i HxH, young Roy Campbell in MGS, Ace in OP, & Kai in Gundam. Also I find him incredibly attractive.

Koichi Yamadera is the holy grail of Japanese VAs. All his stuff is good. Standouts might be Sebastian (Little Mermaid/Kingdom Hearts), LEGO Batman, Joel of Last of Us, Vincent in Catherine, Lugia, & Silva for me. Phenomenal impressionist. Best dubber ever.

Hikaru Midorikawa - Marth, Link, Zelgadis, bunch of others. Dude is like...the Michael Bell of Japan or something. Really great pretty-boy voice. (Actually, Crispin Freeman'd make a better comparison there.) One of the greatest & most prominent JP VAs ever.

Mayumi Tanaka - Megaman Volnutt, & Luffy of course. Another great, & much like a Nancy Cartwright of sorts.

Daisuke Gori - Hulk, General Praxis (Ratchet & Clank), Heihachi, Bask Om, Dozle Zabi, Jinbei, General Andross & Pig (Star Fox), Scott Dolph (MGS2), the Iron Giant. The Japanese Kevin Michael Richardson, RIP.

Takeshi Aono - Roy Campbell, Joker. I feel like I should know this guy's roles much better. RIP.

Masako Nozawa - Guilmon, Elekid (even in the dub), Kureha, Merryweather, Doug (yes, the Disney one), "Pidge" from "Voltron", Tetsuro Hoshino of 999.

Banjo Ginga - Liquid Snake. "Riikiddo Suneku?!" :D Gihren Zabi, The piranha in Little Mermaid, Souther, Final Netero in HxH, Bayman from Dead or Alive, Jack D'Arby Jack & first Heihachi. Another epic KMR/MCDuncan-esque bass voice.

Hirotaka Suzuoki - Sakaki/"Giovanni" in Pokémon, Bright Noa in Gundam, come to mind. I really like this guy's voice. Really warm & leader-like. Reminds me of Nolan North or Michael Gough (or, y'know...Cam Clarke or Troy Baker)

Saw Gundam recently (OVAs, subtitled, currently on Zeta) & I dig Toru Furuya's Amuro of course. Also if I didnt mention him elsewhere, Brad Swaile is great there too.

Ryūzaburo Ōtomo - oh God, this guy's voice - Sir Crocodile, Black Doom, Tetsuo (the early bully in YGO), the Soulcalibur boss, a metric ton of basses.

Tessho Genda - Batman, Mr. Freeze, Optimus Prime, Naruto's Kurama, Guile in SF, Mace Windu, Kratos, Kamex/Blastoise, the Punisher, Akira police officer, Tigger, Toguro, Dozle Zabi. Sam Jackson. Shaq. nuff said. Both big & small characters. Like Cummings tbh.

Kenji Utsumi - the last really deep bass voice on this list. Alex Armstrong, Garland, his FnS roles, Parallax, pretty great legacy.

Shigeru Chiba - Megatron & Kazuma Kuwabara. He's in FF Type-0 too, but tbh I dont know him much. Like Aono earlier.

Shozo Iizuka - UKA UKA!, :D, Neo Cortex, Tetsujin in Giant Robo, Iedolas in FFXV.

Ryō Horikawa - Robin/Tim Drake, Jin Long, Edward Fokker, Gilbart (FF4), Reinhard (LoGH), Makuramon, Karasu, Captain Falcon of course!

Hidekatsu Shibata - Fuhrer Bradley, Harlock narrator, Monkey Dragon, Sarutobi/3rd Hokage. Dunno who to compare him to.

Katsuyuki Konishi - Lloyd in Tales, Marx in Fire Emblem Fates, Kamina. Mainly brutal/rambunctious heroes. Kinda like Brian Bloom?

Daisuke Kishio - Noel in FF13, thats about it unfortunately. Kinda reminds me of Greg Cipes or something.

Kazuya Nakai - Zolo (dont kill me lol), Mugen, Wakka, Gilgamesh, Aragaki in Persona, very cool gruff voice ala Blum or DiMaggio.

Chikao Ōtsuka - RIP, another legend JP VA. His Big Boss is the stuff of legend, as are Master Xehanort, Eggman, his Asura's Wrath work, & Zenigata from Lupin.

Shinichiro Miki - Kojiro/"James", Bruce Wayne, Prince of Persia, Roy Mustang, Urahara, Lizardon/"Charizard", Ishitsubute/"Geodude", Pokedex, loads. Another legend veteran.

Nobuyuki Hiyama - Link, Viral, Nightmare/Siegfried (tend to prefer Crispin Freeman but still), Ikkaku Madarame.

Phil LaMarr - various FF12 roles, Gren Lantern, Samurai Jack, Afro Samurai & brothers, Static Shock!

Fred Tatasciore - Kakuzu, Hulk, Soldier 76, Magnus, Daimon Baird, Megatron. One of my personal favorite VAs ever, like an English Kenta Miyake.

Troy Baker - I can't even choose, but I love Snow, Sigma, & Pain FWIH. I'll get to BI & tLou soon enough.

I think that's everybody in Japanese, & all the non-dub English ones. I wish I saw more European stuff, I love Mexican-Spanish Cell & Vegeta, & Castañeda is a really good Gokū.
                I agree with almost everything, but about the mexican actors it's supposed to talk about roles they did outside Dragon Ball, as you said about the japanese ones.

8000 Saiyan
                I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:02 am

huzaifa_ahmed wrote:

Uh, Nakao didn't play Starscream, it was Suzuoki. And why did you include LaMarr, Ferguson and Tatasciore when they haven't done anything DB-related?

And I wouldn't compare Midorikawa to Bell.
                "It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

huzaifa_ahmed
                Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:37 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:Uh, Nakao didn't play Starscream, it was Suzuoki. And why did you include LaMarr, Ferguson and Tatasciore when they haven't done anything DB-related?

And I wouldn't compare Midorikawa to Bell.
                Ahaha, I just recalled that he dubbed one of Chris Latta & Charlie Adler's roles, forgot which exact one. They are quite like Nakao, actually, that raspy &/or feminine-sounding villain voice. Steve Blum & Keith Ferguson are like this as well, as is Shuichi Ikeda actually (& they all dubbed Ikeda too, as did Keith Silverstein who also sounds quite similar).

& whatcha talkin' about, of course Fred, Keith, & Phil voiced DB characters.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=i9S7w7sq5d4

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jyCk3MDh0f8

XD

(tbh I mainly saw parody credits on BTVA. I dont recognize the others, but Diego seems pretty clearly like Tara Strong). The references on this thing are pretty impressive tbh.
                Last edited by huzaifa_ahmed on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cure Dragon 255
                Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:42 pm

Please be more respectful and take this topic seriously. No parodies or stuff like that.

huzaifa_ahmed
                Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:00 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Please be more respectful and take this topic seriously. No parodies or stuff like that.
                Oh, okay. I just thought it was interesting & underlooked. For these VAs to play these characters is awesome, even if it's just a parody. I didnt mean to come off as disrespectful or derail the thread.

On a related note: the Big Green dub VAs voiced characters in Rayman, which was a French-recorded game (later Ubisoft games, like Prince of Persia, had French scripts & writers, but English VAs). They also dubbed Code Lyoko, which was also a French cartoon - though I'm not sure why they didnt just use US/Can/UK VAs? Anyhow, I grew up with Code Lyoko & I never thought the VO was bad or anything. Goes to show what good direction can do.

Another one, not a parody but still an obscure & non-Japanese thing - the Evolution game had some great VAs, like:

Kate Higgins (Sakura from Naruto, Ami from Sailor Moon, current Sleeping Beauty)

Yuri Lowenthal (PoP, Sasuke, Shinra of Durarara, Sena in Eyeshield 21, Haseo in .hack, among my faves)

Travis Willingham (Mushishi, Mustang, Knuckles, Guile, Telltale's Two-Face)

Tara Platt (Temari in Naruto, Mitsuru in Persona)

Cam Clarke (TMNT & original dub Kaneda I guess), just off TOMH.

I think Grandpa Gohan is Doug Stone (Psycho Mantis dub VA), & Doug Erholtz or Kirk Thornton is Gohan. But there arent any credits. Dont even know who the director was.

& again, it's a definite shame theyd never think to get these guys in a legit dub. I wish FUNi used BZ or NGP alongside their own Texas studio more often. We'd get a ton of variety.

8000 Saiyan
                I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Megumi Hayashibara (the blind kid in the Buu Saga) in everything she does. She's just awesome.

ABED
                Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Tessho Genda played not only Shuu in Dragon Ball, but Toguro the Younger in Yu Yu Hakusho. Talk about range.
                The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
                "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
                Happiness is climate, not weather.

8000 Saiyan
                I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon May 22, 2017 9:38 am

Furuya is also great as Tuxedo Mask and Pegasus Seiya and Akira Kamiya is outstanding as Kenshiro and Kogoro Mori.